GT @Duke Prediction Thread

aeromech

Dodd-Like
The gold helmet, white top, gold pants, black shoes, and gold gloves mean a win for GT.

Our DL stunts will work to get pressure on the Duke QB, not as effectively as it did against UNC; but enough to keep the Duke QB out of sync and maybe enough to force an INT. Secondary will look good because of the help from up front.

On offense, Duke will load the box to stop the run like Pitt did; but it won't work. Sims will break out for a couple of nice runs, as will Gibbs, Mason, and Smith; and with all eyes in the backfield Sims will complete some key passes.

Duke will score late; but the game won't be as close as the score and we all end up giddy.

GT 35
Duke 24

Vespinae

Unbelievable, effort-based commenter
That's happened to us before. Don't even joke around about that happening again. you've summoned the ACC ref demons on us. we're doomed.
Pretty sure they've been active against us for 2 weeks now. A little joking shouldn't make it any worse haha

IM79

Flats Noob
The gold helmet, white top, gold pants, black shoes, and gold gloves mean a win for GT.

Our DL stunts will work to get pressure on the Duke QB, not as effectively as it did against UNC; but enough to keep the Duke QB out of sync and maybe enough to force an INT. Secondary will look good because of the help from up front.

On offense, Duke will load the box to stop the run like Pitt did; but it won't work. Sims will break out for a couple of nice runs, as will Gibbs, Mason, and Smith; and with all eyes in the backfield Sims will complete some key passes.

Duke will score late; but the game won't be as close as the score and we all end up giddy.

GT 35
Duke 24
I like your premonition.
I predict:
GT 37
Duke 28

Last edited:

GT18YJjr.

Dodd-Like
Tech - 38
Duke - 24

Run game gets back in rhythm. D still has tackling issues that allows Duke to get explosive plays keeping drives alive or get scores. Sims has a wtf turnover and we do not get any red zone TDs because of playcalling. Score a TD midway through the 4th to turn this from nail biter into a frustrating win. Thankfully there’s a bye next week.

Chattanooga Jacket

Damn Good Rat
I think GT owns the NC teams this year.
GT 28 - Duke 17

But I don’t know poop. Every prediction (except the KSU game) I’ve made this year so far, the exact opposite has happened.

Last edited:

knoxjacket

Dodd-Like
Tech 38-28

first two game win streak against Duke since 2012-13 as ridiculous of a fact as that is.

WracerX

Dr. Dunkingstein
After being embarrassed last week by Pitt’s OL, Thacker plans on bringing more pressure this week.

Here is a clip of coach responding to a question about the possible ramifications that poses to the Duke QB.

GTFLETCH

Dodd-Like
GT- 35
Duke- 28

Tech enters the BYE week at 3-3 which is what most thought at this point. 3-3 we still have a shot at a Bowl game need three wins over UVA, VT, Miami, BC, or ND... Hope it happens... Go Jackets!

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member
Is this the official prediction thread?

jacket67

Dodd-Like
I don't like predicting rainy weather games. Too many additional factors, like slippery ball turnovers, injuries, and mental mistakes come into play. At least I will be watching this one in the comfort of home, and expect an even smaller than normal turnout by Duke fans. I am going to change my guess to:
Jackets 21
Blue Devils 16

Last edited:

FHstinger

Dodd-Like
Tech is wearing GWG uniforms. Therefore, FHstinger will pick Tech. 31-24. :cheers:

KrazieJacket

Dodd-Like
I think our O will either work or it won’t and many of our problems are self inflicted. Either see us winning 49-24 or losing 24-20. I don’t believe Duke will give our defense the problems Pitt did. Hoping for the win.