GT v. FSU in Ireland 2024

How far is the stadium from Temple Bar?

Two Miles, per my Google machine. The stadium was walkable from where we stayed downtown, but was a bit of a hike. Made a day of it though, sightseeing along the way and stopping in at Trinity College.

Amazing amazing trip, I am thrilled to have this opportunity again and highly recommend you make it happen. Ireland is a fantastic country to visit.

Two Miles, per my Google machine. The stadium was walkable from where we stayed downtown, but was a bit of a hike. Made a day of it though, sightseeing along the way and stopping in at Trinity College.

We stayed in a little house/hotel near the stadium, and walked downtown and back a few times. A bit of a haul (2 miles sounds right) but an easy and pleasant walk.

JRjr

And it rained on the walk to the game, which turned the walk into a pub crawl. So, there was a pot 'o gold on that rainbow.

2016 was the trip of a lifetime. Highlights for us included:
- the Ring of Kerry and Parknasilla resort
- Dingle (a typical West Coast village)
- Ashford Castle and the village of Cong (where The Quiet Man was filmed):
1678924267661.png

1678924302088.png

Y'all need to quit complaining about losing a home game and just make travel plans. Home games happen all the time but visiting Ireland is a lifetime memory. I thoroughly enjoyed the trip last time and am stoked to go again. There were GT fans everywhere, the country is beautiful, and the beer is delicious.

Y'all need to quit complaining about losing a home game and just make travel plans. Home games happen all the time but visiting Ireland is a lifetime memory. I thoroughly enjoyed the trip last time and am stoked to go again. There were GT fans everywhere, the country is beautiful, and the beer is delicious.
Did you just type "quit complaining?"

I guess you are right. I've watched this board long enough that I should know complaining and Mom jokes will never cease. Go ahead fellow Jacket fans and find the dark cloud instead of the silver lining, but make plans to be in Dublin!! You will not regret it.

I guess you are right. I've watched this board long enough that I should know complaining and Mom jokes will never cease. Go ahead fellow Jacket fans and find the dark cloud instead of the silver lining, but make plans to be in Dublin!! You will not regret it.
Especially if there are some ST moms there for me to hook up with

I can see both sides. The long time season ticket holder may not be able to afford the time or money to travel to Ireland, but may be disappointed that a year with seven home games that could have seen FSU, Clemson and ND coming to BDS now has two of those marquis games at Mercedes and Dublin. For some, the game experience on campus is a prime motivator for purchasing season tickets.

On the other hand this indeed provides a great travel opportunity and a real opportunity to be in the spotlight as the ‘24 season begins. It is announced early enough it could be a great asset in recruiting the ‘24 class and should be a great experience for the student athletes. The positives probably outweigh the negatives and Batt, Cabrera and Key should be applauded for taking on this second trip to Ireland.

I'm pumped about Ireland and live out of state, but in the ACC good home games don't happen all the time. They happen once or twice a year.

We already lose one of them a year to a half open MBS, so I understand why people might not like losing an additional one to Ireland. Big games at Bobby Dodd are some of the best memories of my life.

I'm pumped about Ireland and live out of state, but in the ACC good home games don't happen all the time. They happen once or twice a year.

We already lose one of them a year to a half open MBS, so I understand why people might not like losing an additional one to Ireland. Big games at Bobby Dodd are some of the best memories of my life.
Yea. We’ve farmed out our games against Clemson, Notre Dame, and FSU to no longer be on campus. You can bet that when Alabama comes to ATL in 5 years we will sell that game off too; and there have been discussion of moving the UGA game.

Yea. We’ve farmed out our games against Clemson, Notre Dame, and FSU to no longer be on campus. You can bet that when Alabama comes to ATL in 5 years we will sell that game off too; and there have been discussion of moving the UGA game.
We need to move that game to the edge of Hell so it will be a quicker trip home for them.

Back