GT v. FSU in Ireland 2024

Bowden built the FSU program by playing "anyone, anywhere" and attracted a lot of good players to the program because of it. Yeah I know Tech isn't FSU in a lot of ways, but I think we can do a lot better in this one area. I think it would help fan interest as well. Would I risk missing a bowl game to have a stacked non-conference schedule? Absolutely, especially considering the bowl games you're risking when you're on the bubble anyway.

How did ticket distribution work for the BC game in Ireland? Hoping to make it this time.

How did ticket distribution work for the BC game in Ireland? Hoping to make it this time.
Do we ever really know how ticket distribution works for Tech games? I was not overly pleased with my seats in Dublin (too low down in the stands), there was room to move around to seats better seats. But, as is usually the case, being low in the stands did put me closer to the field, and, being on the sideline, and not in some corner of the stadium, I guess they were not all that bad. Still how they actually they picked who sat where is a total mystery. As far as getting the tickets to us, IIRC, we got them well in advance of the trip.

I don’t recall how they sold the tickets before. Probably like a bowl game - they get an allocation and offer them to season ticket holders to buy first. I wouldn’t expect anything about buying tickets before 2024.

Our seats weren’t great - basically in the first row they sold (I don’t think they sold the front few rows on the sideline), far enough forward that we weren’t under the roof and got rained on, and too low to really see the game well.

And one of the only complaints about the experience that I had was that they let my friend in the gate that was closest to where we walked from, but made us walk all the way around the stadium to another gate, and it turned out that we were sitting just a few seats apart from each other.

JRjr

And one of the only complaints about the experience that I had was that they let my friend in the gate that was closest to where we walked from, but made us walk all the way around the stadium to another gate, and it turned out that we were sitting just a few seats apart from each other.
I remember something similar like they blocked the direct route from the street to the gate and you had to walk almost the entire perimeter of the stadium to get in. Not really annoying because we were having a great time, just a head scratcher.

That trip was a blast. Can’t wait to go back.

Question for those who went in 2016. I downloaded the reservation form but scratching my head over what appears to be a gameday only package for 750 Euro per person. Is it me or is that a bit steep? I was expecting to see a variety of packages that include airfare, lodging and tickets. I can't recall exactly but I thought I saw a package elsewhere (by googling directly) that was around $2.2k Euro per person but which said not including airfare.

Are there packages that include everything (plane/hotel/ticket)? If I have to buy everything myself, I'll just do it myself and buy everything directly.

Question for those who went in 2016. I downloaded the reservation form but scratching my head over what appears to be a gameday only package for 750 Euro per person. Is it me or is that a bit steep? I was expecting to see a variety of packages that include airfare, lodging and tickets. I can't recall exactly but I thought I saw a package elsewhere (by googling directly) that was around $2.2k Euro per person but which said not including airfare.

Are there packages that include everything (plane/hotel/ticket)? If I have to buy everything myself, I'll just do it myself and buy everything directly.
Probably be about €20 in Ireland

You mean a ticket to the game would be about 20± Euro (you just had to show off by typing the dadgum Eyeore symbol that I can't find)?
I did it to type the Euro symbol. I bet there is a guy near the stadium holding up tix.

And you could start an online relationship with a Irish lady and about game week, go visit her. Leave after the game. Free board.

Looks like the packages (hotel + guided bus tours + game ticket) start at $2,250/person (not including airfare).

My buddy at the GTAA sent this link to get started: https://www.gt2ireland.com

I love gold/white/gold for uniforms, but at the Spring game the QBs’ green jerseys with the white numerals, stripes over the shoulders, and GT on front looked nice. Wear this for the FSU game in Ireland - gold/green/gold.

I just checked my emails from 2016. Last time single game tickets were available through GTAA in January ‘16 and on sale to the general public in February ‘16.

The packages on sale this early are all luxury travel packages to maximize travel company profit.

Travel packages just came out and they are expensive AF.
Travel packages are for robbing Americans. Just use points for the flights and do a reserve now pay later option on the hotels on Orbitz. Hotels are 80% booked already so it’s just gonna get more expensive from here on out.

Travel packages are for robbing Americans. Just use points for the flights and do a reserve now pay later option on the hotels on Orbitz. Hotels are 80% booked already so it’s just gonna get more expensive from here on out.
These packages don’t even include flights. It’s really just hotel. We are going to do the 3 day Dublin only and then our own thing for a few other days

Travel packages just came out and they are expensive AF.
I booked a hotel a while back - seemed that most all the hotels were fully booked - very few slots left. I'll also make my own flight arrangements. What has me steaming are the extortionary prices for the tickets which they prefer to call "hospitality packages". Good grief - I'll get my hospitality from a pub - just sell me a ticket and keep the tea and crumpets for yourself.

I am tentatively planning to travel from London by train, which becomes a ferry ride to Dublin. It looks like this year's game has a 2:30 kickoff EDT, so that would be 7:30 in Dublin. I might try to arrive the same day as the game, but would still need a hotel for afterwards, depending on how late the pubs stay open, LOL.

I am tentatively planning to travel from London by train, which becomes a ferry ride to Dublin. It looks like this year's game has a 2:30 kickoff EDT, so that would be 7:30 in Dublin. I might try to arrive the same day as the game, but would still need a hotel for afterwards, depending on how late the pubs stay open, LOL.
That's looks like at least 5 hours of travel from London. You'd have to leave London at like 2AM to do that. You are one dedicated fan haha

Back