#GTvsUVA - Coach Collins Postgame Press Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClubSeats

Well-meaning elderly man with a poor memory
Oh, I have a wicked sense of humor. It is just not that of, as Liberty says, a prepubescent teen.

I come here for intelligent discussions about Tech athletics, and even if I disagree with other points of view, I still enjoy reading them. If there is real humor or sarcasm involved, I will laugh along with you, but I just see no humor whatsoever in kiddy bathroom jokes and stabs. Frankly, I can't understand why any grown man (assuming there are any) would find such things funny.
So you don’t see the humor in it. We get that (since you’ve posted it 50 times). Other people do see the humor in it. Childish? Sure. But to each his own. Pretty ööööing conceited to expect every single person on the board to adhere to your own personal standard of humor.

But please, keep whining about it, it’s making for a great thread.

I was also banned from the H*** several years back for the same reason. I simply had a different view from the masses. After I got over the shock I realized that commies are gonna commie. I also knew what I was getting here. As for all the maturity vs immaturity talk, you need to understand this is the place to act like that. We can’t do it at home, at work, at church, in the neighborhood, etc. But on an anonymous board about a topic that is as specialized as GT football, who cares. And in fairness to the name calling it’s all a joke. And if you ever want to change the direction of a thread just mention what Johnson inherited versus what Collins inherited and you’ll be three pages deep within an hour.
I agree about the commies, but I will not get into any kind of political or socio-political discussion, because that was the beginning of my "fall" on the other site. I also agree with the direction the thread would go with the Johnson vs Collins "discussion". I also come here for fun, but, rightly or wrongly, the "yo momma" crap just totally ticks me off, and in some cases actually disgusts me. I didn't mean to get into a prolonged argument about them. I stated my opinion, and I was happy just to leave it at that, but some guys just keep coming back asking for more. And I just can't keep quiet about it. Sorry, but IIWII

ClubSeats

Well-meaning elderly man with a poor memory
Going for 2 pt when down by 14 is standard nowadays. It is what all the metrics and data analysis says you should do. Basically, winning in OT is 50-50.

Going for 2 in that situation increases your chance of winning the game to something like 55 or 60%.

FWIW, I don’t personally like it but understand it. I also think getting to OT given how much we had been outplayed would have been a smart reason to go off book.
That don’t make no sense. Even if you make it you’re still losing by six, so why would you have greater than 50% chance of winning the game?

whiskey clear

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
The “best run blocking line” in the country only looked like that due to scheme. Tell them to block straight up and they were at best mediocre as seen in 2019.

We had to show recruits we were changing the offense or there are no guys like Sims and Gibbs on our team and our recruiting would’ve continued to have been atrocious.
But the change is still a downward trend for that unit.

whiskey clear

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
Look, man, you’ve got some good takes on football stuff but the board culture is what it is. Coming in here and whining about it is a waste of time - it’s not going to change anything, you’re gonna get on everybody’s nerves, and people are going to double down on the stuff you don’t like just to annoy you. The three options are to ignore it and talk about stuff you care about, leave and find some other board that acts the way you want it to, or [like most of us] accept it and find comfort in the sweet embrace of a Stingtalk mom.

JRjr
It’s also completely fair game to call out douchery when it arises.

whiskey clear

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
I feel bad for JJ who is holding serve against the torch and pitchfork horde.

I've been a fan for close to four decades and have been close to the program for all rebuilds prior to this one.

So having been close to the pavement for countless rebuilds prior to this one, this one feels 2nd best of all of them. 1987-1989 was better.

So our current staff (of whom I have been vocally critical) is in charge of the ship. So rather than wish them to fail so you can justify your pessimism, maybe let's all rally around them and contribute to their success.

JJ shouldn't have to be the only one taking all the arrows from the miserable pitchfork crowd.
Still waiting for the success though.

Liberty

Kayar hunu bhanda marnu ramro
I agree about the commies, but I will not get into any kind of political or socio-political discussion, because that was the beginning of my "fall" on the other site. I also agree with the direction the thread would go with the Johnson vs Collins "discussion". I also come here for fun, but, rightly or wrongly, the "yo momma" crap just totally ticks me off, and in some cases actually disgusts me. I didn't mean to get into a prolonged argument about them. I stated my opinion, and I was happy just to leave it at that, but some guys just keep coming back asking for more. And I just can't keep quiet about it. Sorry, but IIWII
All of us who know @Supersize that order mutt know he was banished from the other site because he’s a political moderate. He calls himself a conservative, but he’s a JFK conservative at best. I’m being charitable, because he’sleft of center even though he considers himself a hardcore conservative, I think. It’s just not tolerated over there & if you’re not a flaming liberal, empasis on the flaming, you constantly monitored aka stalked, under attack even if you don’t post political stuff. Many, like myself, just stopped posting anything in the open forums because it just wasn't worth the harassment. Some like Super, got permanent banned. That being said, many migrated over here because people didn’t seem to wet themselves every time someone said something questioning the staff’s competence and there’s not rampant banning over commentary not creaming over every dumbass thing the staff comes up with like Money Down. Maybe we’re mistaken? The yo’ momma moments makes it seems like there’s more 10 year olds over here, but maybe we’re misunderstanding the lack of substantive responses for something else & the yo’ momma comments really mean something many of us just don’t understand. Kinda like “Let’s go Brandon” really meant FJB even though nobody was really saying “Let’s go Brandon”. We might be too old to realize you’re saying FJB too, just you’re saying it like “I love the senile old bastard that doesn’t know what the öööö he’s doing”. We’re just think you actually mean what you say & are you are intending just the opposite.

All of us who know @Supersize that order mutt know he was banished from the other site because he’s a political moderate. He calls himself a conservative, but he’s a JFK conservative at best. I’m being charitable, because he’sleft of center even though he considers himself a hardcore conservative, I think. It’s just not tolerated over there & if you’re not a flaming liberal, empasis on the flaming, you constantly monitored aka stalked, under attack even if you don’t post political stuff. Many, like myself, just stopped posting anything in the open forums because it just wasn't worth the harassment. Some like Super, got permanent banned. That being said, many migrated over here because people didn’t seem to wet themselves every time someone said something questioning the staff’s competence and there’s not rampant banning over commentary not creaming over every dumbass thing the staff comes up with like Money Down. Maybe we’re mistaken? The yo’ momma moments makes it seems like there’s more 10 year olds over here, but maybe we’re misunderstanding the lack of substantive responses for something else & the yo’ momma comments really mean something many of us just don’t understand. Kinda like “Let’s go Brandon” really meant FJB even though nobody was really saying “Let’s go Brandon”. We might be too old to realize you’re saying FJB too, just you’re saying it like “I love the senile old bastard that doesn’t know what the öööö he’s doing”. We’re just think you actually mean what you say & are you are intending just the opposite.
I am definitely not left of center, but I still thank you for your analysis. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.