#GTvsUVA - Coach Collins Postgame Press Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I have a wicked sense of humor. It is just not that of, as Liberty says, a prepubescent teen.

I come here for intelligent discussions about Tech athletics, and even if I disagree with other points of view, I still enjoy reading them. If there is real humor or sarcasm involved, I will laugh along with you, but I just see no humor whatsoever in kiddy bathroom jokes and stabs. Frankly, I can't understand why any grown man (assuming there are any) would find such things funny.
But you are putting what you believe the right way to do it above what others believe. I like the board because it allows freedom and doesn’t ban you for arbitrary reasons. I actually love freedom for everyone. I love that you can call posters prepubescent teens. You shouldn’t be banned for it. And what in the world makes you believe ANY message board is serious football discussions? You do realize that every message of every team has the exact same topics and conversations. This board nor any board is unique. I don’t care about individual topics as much as I care about everyone’s right to express them. No one forces anyone to read this stuff. When I see something I don’t like I simply click off and move on. But I do the same with telephone calls and real life interactions. I’m way past the point of worrying about what others think of me or say. I chuckle and move on.

To your wife!!! (see what I did there).

But you are putting what you believe the right way to do it above what others believe. I like the board because it allows freedom and doesn’t ban you for arbitrary reasons. I actually love freedom for everyone. I love that you can call posters prepubescent teens. You shouldn’t be banned for it. And what in the world makes you believe ANY message board is serious football discussions? You do realize that every message of every team has the exact same topics and conversations. This board nor any board is unique. I don’t care about individual topics as much as I care about everyone’s right to express them. No one forces anyone to read this stuff. When I see something I don’t like I simply click off and move on. But I do the same with telephone calls and real life interactions. I’m way past the point of worrying about what others think of me or say. I chuckle and move on.

To your wife!!! (see what I did there).
For the most part I totally agree with you. However, I have not heard of any sports board where there is anywhere near the amount of prepubescent humor as on this one. I am not saying said posters should be banned, unless they are using such posts as a personal attach on someone. Unfortunately, there HAVE been a few such attacks, and that should not be allowed anytime by anyone. As you probably already know, and I certainly don't keep it a secret, I was banned from another site, not because of what anyone would consider improper language or humor, but because a certain group of posters, as well as the moderators, didn't agree with my opinions on certain topics. I was not the only one who fell victim to their PC mentality. The week in which I was banned saw the banning of at least 5 other regular posters, and there had been many more before that. When I object to these silly jokes, I am not suggesting that those posting them should be banned. I am actually just expressing my opinion that grown men (I ASSUME all are grown men or women) should have more character and maturity than that. I find such behavior not only to be immature; it is embarrassing. If my opinion offends some, then so be it. I can deal with that, but if and when I receive what I consider to be a personal attack, supposedly in the name of humor (which I don't believe it is), then and only then do I report it to anyone. If some on here want to show their azz by repeating these infantile "yo momma" posts, then they should also be prepared to take whatever criticism I or anyone else directs towards them. By continually whining about what I post, they are showing themselves to be no better than what they think I am.

For the most part I totally agree with you. However, I have not heard of any sports board where there is anywhere near the amount of prepubescent humor as on this one. I am not saying said posters should be banned, unless they are using such posts as a personal attach on someone. Unfortunately, there HAVE been a few such attacks, and that should not be allowed anytime by anyone. As you probably already know, and I certainly don't keep it a secret, I was banned from another site, not because of what anyone would consider improper language or humor, but because a certain group of posters, as well as the moderators, didn't agree with my opinions on certain topics. I was not the only one who fell victim to their PC mentality. The week in which I was banned saw the banning of at least 5 other regular posters, and there had been many more before that. When I object to these silly jokes, I am not suggesting that those posting them should be banned. I am actually just expressing my opinion that grown men (I ASSUME all are grown men or women) should have more character and maturity than that. I find such behavior not only to be immature; it is embarrassing. If my opinion offends some, then so be it. I can deal with that, but if and when I receive what I consider to be a personal attack, supposedly in the name of humor (which I don't believe it is), then and only then do I report it to anyone. If some on here want to show their azz by repeating these infantile "yo momma" posts, then they should also be prepared to take whatever criticism I or anyone else directs towards them. By continually whining about what I post, they are showing themselves to be no better than what they think I am.

TL;DR. While I was banging ur mom.

JRjr

Do you want to fight?

I think this is a really stupid take after the offense scores 40 pts. Offense has not been our problem after the Clemson game.

40 points should be plenty, but the offense hasn't been very consistent this year. Body of work....

Most of your mom's would be dead cause I kill it

We are not close to Vanderbilt. Nice try, dumbass. We are improving and recruiting a hell of a lot better than Vanderbilt can hope for, dumbass
I feel bad for JJ who is holding serve against the torch and pitchfork horde.

I've been a fan for close to four decades and have been close to the program for all rebuilds prior to this one.

So having been close to the pavement for countless rebuilds prior to this one, this one feels 2nd best of all of them. 1987-1989 was better.

So our current staff (of whom I have been vocally critical) is in charge of the ship. So rather than wish them to fail so you can justify your pessimism, maybe let's all rally around them and contribute to their success.

JJ shouldn't have to be the only one taking all the arrows from the miserable pitchfork crowd.

I was also banned from the H*** several years back for the same reason. I simply had a different view from the masses. After I got over the shock I realized that commies are gonna commie. I also knew what I was getting here. As for all the maturity vs immaturity talk, you need to understand this is the place to act like that. We can’t do it at home, at work, at church, in the neighborhood, etc. But on an anonymous board about a topic that is as specialized as GT football, who cares. And in fairness to the name calling it’s all a joke. And if you ever want to change the direction of a thread just mention what Johnson inherited versus what Collins inherited and you’ll be three pages deep within an hour.

I feel bad for JJ who is holding serve against the torch and pitchfork horde.

I've been a fan for close to four decades and have been close to the program for all rebuilds prior to this one.

So having been close to the pavement for countless rebuilds prior to this one, this one feels 2nd best of all of them. 1987-1989 was better.

So our current staff (of whom I have been vocally critical) is in charge of the ship. So rather than wish them to fail so you can justify your pessimism, maybe let's all rally around them and contribute to their success.

JJ shouldn't have to be the only one taking all the arrows from the miserable pitchfork crowd.
I think you don’t understand that vast majority are absolutely behind Collins. We are. But unlike JJ, we aren’t going to pretend our eyes are lying to us. And Collins hasn’t helped himself with pumping up expectations for this current season. He was the one blowing smoke all summer (I inhaled it) and then laid a big ole turd named NIU. Nobody is wishing them to fail. But when you coach and play like garbage at home what are fans suppose to think? We have 2 decent wins at home in 2 and half years (Louisville and Duke). And it’s not winning or losing. It’s how we play. I wouldn’t have been any happier if they ruled it a non catch against NIU. We still got pushed around by a non P5 team. We won Duke yet did it matter? We played like garbage. Now, we come out and smoke a god awful VT team at home on homecoming and we will all feel like a step was taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back