#GTvsUVA - Coach Collins Postgame Press Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
This dumbass expected him to build off one of the best run blocking lines in the nation AND learn to pass, increasing the frequency until we had a multi-threat attack, not stop running until you forgot how & pass regardless of how ineffective you are. I also expect that we don’t manage the offense by requiring Sims gets his percentage of passes, Gibbs gets his percentage of runs, etc. Any coordinator worth a nickel knows to tailor your game plan to your Team’s abilities and your opponents weaknesses. You exploit the advantages and minimize disadvantages. Goober does not get it, that’s why he needs to go. It’s not that the offense is not doing better, it’s that he’s holding the guys back. We should be performing much better than we are. Sadly, people’s hatred for running the ball skews their perspective.

Thacker’s a different story. He’s so far over his head he can’t see the light of day. Goober is just out of his league, he’s probably an adequate 1AA coach. That ain’t “big time” football.
I think this is a really stupid take after the offense scores 40 pts. Offense has not been our problem after the Clemson game.

This dumbass expected him to build off one of the best run blocking lines in the nation AND learn to pass, increasing the frequency until we had a multi-threat attack, not stop running until you forgot how & pass regardless of how ineffective you are. I also expect that we don’t manage the offense by requiring Sims gets his percentage of passes, Gibbs gets his percentage of runs, etc. Any coordinator worth a nickel knows to tailor your game plan to your Team’s abilities and your opponents weaknesses. You exploit the advantages and minimize disadvantages. Goober does not get it, that’s why he needs to go. It’s not that the offense is not doing better, it’s that he’s holding the guys back. We should be performing much better than we are. Sadly, people’s hatred for running the ball skews their perspective.

Thacker’s a different story. He’s so far over his head he can’t see the light of day. Goober is just out of his league, he’s probably an adequate 1AA coach. That ain’t “big time” football.

Our run/pass ratio was 1.7 in 2019, 1.4 in 2020, and 1.3 this year. Sure seems like we have adjusted the offense to fit our players talents.

Is there anything you aren’t clueless about?

I think this is a really stupid take after the offense scores 40 pts. Offense has not been our problem after the Clemson game.
It was definitely a BIG problem the first year, when he didn't capitalize on the abilities of the players he inherited. As Liberty said, he had one of the best run blocking lines in the country, and instead of capitalizing on that and the talent of the other offensive players that he had UNTIL they could better adapt to a new scheme, he immediately crammed the new scheme down their throats.

It was definitely a BIG problem the first year, when he didn't capitalize on the abilities of the players he inherited. As Liberty said, he had one of the best run blocking lines in the country, and instead of capitalizing on that and the talent of the other offensive players that he had UNTIL they could better adapt to a new scheme, he immediately crammed the new scheme down their throats.

The “best run blocking line” in the country only looked like that due to scheme. Tell them to block straight up and they were at best mediocre as seen in 2019.

We had to show recruits we were changing the offense or there are no guys like Sims and Gibbs on our team and our recruiting would’ve continued to have been atrocious.

The “best run blocking line” in the country only looked like that due to scheme. Tell them to block straight up and they were at best mediocre as seen in 2019.

We had to show recruits we were changing the offense or there are no guys like Sims and Gibbs on our team and our recruiting would’ve continued to have been atrocious.
In that opening game at Clemson that year, it was clear that we could do more AT THAT TIME with Tobias Oliver at QB. Would we have won the game? Of course not, but we would have done better than what we did. and IMO the line AT THAT TIME would have made it easier for him. Also I am not saying we should have continued like that, but the transition would have been a lot easier than what it was.

This

Some of our fans just don't get it

Would you like us to create a safe space on the forum for you? Grow a pair and just ignore the posts too don’t like. You’re offended? Boo boo, Nancy.
You TOTALLY miss the point. Those posts are immature and uncalled for. Talk football and get rid of the damn bathroom humor (sic). Those people not only make themselves look like little children, they ruin the site and certainly do not give Tech fans a good image.

You TOTALLY miss the point. Those posts are immature and uncalled for. Talk football and get rid of the damn bathroom humor (sic). Those people not only make themselves look like little children, they ruin the site and certainly do not give Tech fans a good image.

Look, man, you’ve got some good takes on football stuff but the board culture is what it is. Coming in here and whining about it is a waste of time - it’s not going to change anything, you’re gonna get on everybody’s nerves, and people are going to double down on the stuff you don’t like just to annoy you. The three options are to ignore it and talk about stuff you care about, leave and find some other board that acts the way you want it to, or [like most of us] accept it and find comfort in the sweet embrace of a Stingtalk mom.

JRjr

Listen, I read this board for years before joining. I like it because this is the only board that actually let’s people say what they want. That’s a great thing even if half the posts make me mad (of course, I don’t get mad or angry as I take it for what it is and actually laugh my arse off). If you are coming here for for any other reason than to laugh and discuss some stuff then you should reconsider. I freakin love all this stuff. There are several other boards for those of you who want to relive your hall monitor school days.

Do you sometimes wish you had a sense of humor?
200.gif

Do you sometimes wish you had a sense of humor?
Oh, I have a wicked sense of humor. It is just not that of, as Liberty says, a prepubescent teen.
Listen, I read this board for years before joining. I like it because this is the only board that actually let’s people say what they want. That’s a great thing even if half the posts make me mad (of course, I don’t get mad or angry as I take it for what it is and actually laugh my arse off). If you are coming here for for any other reason than to laugh and discuss some stuff then you should reconsider. I freakin love all this stuff. There are several other boards for those of you who want to relive your hall monitor school days.
I come here for intelligent discussions about Tech athletics, and even if I disagree with other points of view, I still enjoy reading them. If there is real humor or sarcasm involved, I will laugh along with you, but I just see no humor whatsoever in kiddy bathroom jokes and stabs. Frankly, I can't understand why any grown man (assuming there are any) would find such things funny.

Oh, I have a wicked sense of humor. It is just not that of, as Liberty says, a prepubescent teen.

I come here for intelligent discussions about Tech athletics, and even if I disagree with other points of view, I still enjoy reading them. If there is real humor or sarcasm involved, I will laugh along with you, but I just see no humor whatsoever in kiddy bathroom jokes and stabs. Frankly, I can't understand why any grown man (assuming there are any) would find such things funny.
d24633c0-c1f5-4a6b-918f-4745745f16b8_text.gif

Pretty sure you are missing the point. This is a sports fan message board. It’s a lot like a locker room with a bunch of guys just talking smack in it. There’s plenty of actual football talk, but there’s only so much that can be said at one time about football. The rest is just guys cutting up. If you don’t like it, ignore it and move on. You are the only one getting worked up about it. The ONLY one.

Pretty sure you are missing the point. This is a sports fan message board. It’s a lot like a locker room with a bunch of guys just talking smack in it. There’s plenty of actual football talk, but there’s only so much that can be said at one time about football. The rest is just guys cutting up. If you don’t like it, ignore it and move on. You are the only one getting worked up about it. The ONLY one.
I am dripping towel right now. Just try not to look. Go ahead. Try

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back