#GTvsUVA - Coach Collins Postgame Press Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if we have long term success while not eliminating them? Will they then be acceptable to you or will you still hate them?
Say, for example, we have a year like 2014 and make it to the ACC title game and lose (but still had a successful season and beat Georgia) and Collins says the same exact kind of things in the postgame presser. Would you still say it's offensive and embarrassing?

I guess what I'm getting at is when you say "I view eliminating some or most of them as a prerequisite for Collins to have long term success", I question if what you mean deep down is more like:
"I view eliminating some or most of them as a prerequisite for Collins to have long term acceptance."

Is acceptance a prerequisite for success?

I kinda like the ATL thing and I imagine that the 404 thing resonates with the kids we’re recruiting based on my sense that ATL/404 has some cachet in hip hop culture. You’ve got to be pretty pedantic and butthurt (which to be fair is the default state for some of our fans) to be upset about the ATL/404 stuff.

Money Down is really only an issue because we continue to do it when we’ve demonstrated almost no ability to back it up on the field.

I’m sick of the buzz words and the coach speak and the seemingly blind and glib positivity, so I’ve quit listening to pressers and the coach’s show. (I will admit that I was wrong to make fun of his pre-game statement about the “big time atmosphere” at UVA - the atmosphere was pretty legit by current standards.)

Some of the other gimmicks I may not love, but they aren’t for me. When I read this Joc Pederson article, it made me think about the little, intangible things that may be stupid but that may give the team some cohesion, confidence, or swagger that make the difference in a win and a loss. Hopefully Collins and staff have a good barometer for what’s actually working and what was a bad idea or a good idea that’s run its course.

JRjr

Well said. I don’t mind any of the gimmicks or buzz words because that has become the norm, and high school kids seem to eat it up (recruiting success is evidence). BUT I understand why some people don’t like it at all. Like you said though, I’m the end, It’s not for you or me. It’s for them. I will say Money Down is the one that bugs me the most - only because it seems forced with no real added excitement in stadium.

Like you said, it's really "bash UGA anytime", but because of the mutts' apparent legitimacy so far this year and Tech's failure to do much of anything the past 3 years, the bashing really won't get all that bad until/unless Tech wins. If that happens, you won't know what hit you. LOL

I know I can only imagine the shots I would take.

Honestly, if Tech were to win that game, you probably wouldn’t hear anything negative towards you. Most on this board will be too focused on the unexpected win. Some will simply not post at all (because they only post when we lose).

And if we have long term success while not eliminating them? Will they then be acceptable to you or will you still hate them?
Say, for example, we have a year like 2014 and make it to the ACC title game and lose (but still had a successful season and beat Georgia) and Collins says the same exact kind of things in the postgame presser. Would you still say it's offensive and embarrassing?

I guess what I'm getting at is when you say "I view eliminating some or most of them as a prerequisite for Collins to have long term success", I question if what you mean deep down is more like:
"I view eliminating some or most of them as a prerequisite for Collins to have long term acceptance."
I don’t care what he says if we can win some games. Maybe two in a row?

We aren’t beating UGA. But, UGA after being #1 half the season and reading their press clippings will fail in the playoff. Someone will get them. And if Kirby goes back to Daniel’s then that probability goes way up. He’s a golden arm that will throw a pick.

Bellichek’s an asshole, nobody cares. Dabo used to be Dab Uh-oh, hardly anyone remembers. Satan acts like an ass most of the times, Bammer fans couldn’t care less. I’m sure it’s true at any business

Bottom line- nobody gives a öööö if you’re a winner. You might not be loved, but they’ll accept it. Yes, there are extreme exceptions but generally you can be the weirdest, most unlikeable, orneriest or despicable bastard and you’ll still get a pass.

CGC is just missing one thing, winning.

We aren’t beating UGA. But, UGA after being #1 half the season and reading their press clippings will fail in the playoff. Someone will get them. And if Kirby goes back to Daniel’s then that probability goes way up. He’s a golden arm that will throw a pick.
You may be right but it won’t be because they started believing their own press clippings.

Honestly, if Tech were to win that game, you probably wouldn’t hear anything negative towards you. Most on this board will be too focused on the unexpected win. Some will simply not post at all (because they only post when we lose).
Ha, you guys are pretty tough on each other and the team but I just figured I’d keep my mouth shut. It’s sort of like I can beat my brother up but you an outsider especially a UGA guy better not so, that’s not really my thing anyway. I respect the fact that the moderator even let me join. I honestly got tired of a couple of the UGA boards, there is truly 20% of our fans that I can’t tolerate (I realize it’s 100% for you guys) they talk about firing Kirby and all sorts of crazy öööö, half of them I’m not even sure they’ve ever seen the team play, I just couldn’t take it any longer.

And with that personal attack, you have been reported. I told you already, those posts are offensive, but when you actually direct one to me, then you need to be reported and hopefully banned.
0e3e94c8-f016-4609-a89d-b6c2e3b6c70e_text.gif

Sewak was able to get the ol to block within the 3/o scheme, but our pass block sucked. Right now we aren't doing either well.

I criticized sewak a lot while he was here and I'm not ready to retract it, despite what the current team looks like.
Our pass blocking is fairly solid. We seem to have issues with run blocking.

The analytics suggest otherwise regarding going for 2 at that point. Probability of a win goes up when down by 14 to go for 2 on the first score in the final minutes of the game.

Source: https://americanfootballdatabase.fandom.com/wiki/Two-point_conversion

Credit to CuseJacket OTOB for finding this.

Play call was good as well, blocked perfect, Sims wasn't wide open, but he was plenty open to make the catch, just failed to execute the throw.

It was a non-quarterback throwing the pass and we saw the results. Justifying and accepting failure to perform is what has us averaging 3 wins a season.

It was a non-quarterback throwing the pass and we saw the results. Justifying and accepting failure to perform is what has us averaging 3 wins a season.
Averaging 3 wins per season? This is literally our second season of Collins recruits and the season isn't complete. We had no Sims or Gibbs year 0.

Averaging 3 wins per season? This is literally our second season of Collins recruits and the season isn't complete. We had no Sims or Gibbs year 0.
There is always an excuse. Collins, even in year one (which you call zero) lost a game or games where he had better talent than the opponent. Probably should go back and watch those losses though because I am sure it was the referees fault.

How do they feel about endless, pointless complaining from what you’ve heard?

JRjr
I have no idea, but the site I used before listened to the complaining and generally either warned or banned those who were complained about. Many times it was obvious they only listened to a select bunch known as the "butt hurt boys", but for the most part, they didn't put up with foolishness. What strikes me odd about this site, is that the majority of those telling those immature jokes or complaining about my complaining have never once engaged in any kind of intelligent conversation about the topics of the threads. I guess they figure since they don't have anything significant to post, they will resort to childish behavior. Sounds like insecurity to me. I might remind you too that by far the most complaining on this site is by those who don't like my original post.

I was never on the hive, but, from what I hear, they would never put up with the childish behavior some of you guys engage in and somehow think is actually cute or pertinent.
Which is why you would fit right in there.

Or better yet, you and your mom can start your own board. For mature audiences only, and only fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back