Guys, we better get this boat headed.......

Patriot

Varsity Lurker
in the right direction in a hurry!! No, I'm not dissing Chan (if he wins he will be loved and I will be the first to pat him on the back)but now is not the time to take a step back! This will be the best football conference in America!!
I hope that WE make the commitment to be one of the best (a top 10 team)if we don't we may end up like Vandy or UK...teams that will never win a conference championship!
THIS IS OFFICIALLY A FOOTBALL CONFERENCE!!

Patriot: My exact thoughts after the Canes said yes today...

This program CANNOT go backwards because we are headed for wars with some giants and anything like last year 'ain't going to make it'!

Well, it likely will continue going backward as long as Gailey and Braine are involved. I will be amazed if Gt wins four games this year and it would not surprise me to see an 0-12 season.

Get rid of Braine, but let Chan have a chance to show what e can do. He has had an xcellent reruiting year and he knows football. He was given a lot of negative "help" the first year by Braine. I'm not talking wins or losses, but how the team plays this year. With the shortage of players and the schedule we face, our won loss record may be poor no matter who is coahing.

A few "players",...but nothing close to an excellent recruiting class. With all due respect,...that's a joke. This is what will be CG's ultimate undoing,....his lack of recruiting success. After all of the strides the program had made,....after the past two seasons,...well, it won't take long to tell the tale.

GATA JACKETS!!!

Originally posted by Driver8:
A few "players",...but nothing close to an excellent recruiting class. With all due respect,...that's a joke. This is what will be CG's ultimate undoing,....his lack of recruiting success. After all of the strides the program had made,....after the past two seasons,...well, it won't take long to tell the tale.

GATA JACKETS!!!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">This last recruiting class - Chan's 2nd wasn't on anyone's radar! If I not mistaken in our own Conference the ACC - we came out 6th! The (3) players that saved us to move us up in our own conference was - Ball, Carter and Grant. After following recruiting and paying for services the past 13 years ... this last class was more the a few steps backwards.

I'm amazed at all the pundits that dismiss the '03 class. We signed a lot more than 2 or 3 good players. This thinking that none of them are heisman eligible yet is just plain stupid. Most of, quite frankly all of, our best players have traditionally played their best ball at TECH.
What's the diff?

The big start backwards was immediately after Ralph left. Including the first game without Ralph, the Peach Bowl, O'Leary went 7-6, then he quit.

So, the absolute truth is Gailey has not gone backwards. He stemmed the tide of the complete flop of the 2001 season and held it to the same standards of O'Leary's last 13 games. He now has the chance to move it back up a notch from where O'Leary left the program.

If Gailey were to go 8-5 this season, he would have upgraded the program from where O'Leary left it at 7-6.

Those are facts.

Father Time

You said a mouthfull, Patriot. We better get some football players in here & a bunch of them. The recruiting in Fla will improve dramatically, even moreso than last yr, & this should help a LOT.
We are not exactly going backwards, MsT & yellowj. The real problem is that there are some teams really stepping forward, i.e. Vir, Mary, NC St. GT needs to step on the gas a la the late 90s.
Kid, don't let Braine cross your lips again; Gailey is the HC of football & is paid much more than Braine. Coach G did not have an excellent recruiting yr, but knows football. He does not know how to win big or win a championship @ Div1a. I pray he learns, but should've done that a long time ago, but chose the pro route. Perhaps a hiring error, but we'll see shortly.
Driver, Gailey's recruiting was a little better than that & to be honest, his 1st class was better than anyone gave him credit for. Sampson, Bridges & McNair were really starting to step forward, but alas, Gailey lost them. Coach G's undoing WILL be his lack of recruiting & retaining football players & it WON'T take long to tell the tale.
MsT, actually, Scott was the highest ranked recruit. We have some real promising younguns & there were more hits than misses, but we sure grabbed straws at the end. With NCar's academic losses & NC St's, we're in 5th, maybe 4th in the ACC recruiting rankings now.
Ahso, the facts are that O'L went 6-5 & left. The same team then drilled Stan, under McWhorter, to finish 7-5. Gailey stemmed no tide, but held in place with virtually the same record & same type Bowl appearance. Gailey had disastrous results to finish the season, smeared by Ga & losing to Fresno. Poor, poor performances to finish 7-6.

GT Ace, that is not the correct figures. The correct figures for O'Leary after Ralph left was the loss to LSU, then he went 7-5 in 2001. That makes his last 13 games 7-6, which turns out to be Gailey's exact figure in his first 13 games.

Tech actually had a record of 8-5 for the year because of the bowl win against Stanford.

wink.gif

Ahso... Even tho the records were similar.. explain to us how important it is to be competitive vs UGA in recruiting & fan base backing like GOL was his final year as opposed to HUMILIATED like we were this past year... Explain to us how important it is to win the bowl game against a Top 10 team for momentum for the upcoming year as opposed to being HUMILIATED in the bowl game against a rinky dink team in a high school stadium... The last 2 games tell the tale of 2 teams, Ahso.. 1 on the rise with strong leadership, the other spiraling into oblivion.. Those Ahso.. are the facts...

Originally posted by BeeBad:
Ahso... Even tho the records were similar.. explain to us how important it is to be competitive vs UGA in recruiting & fan base backing like GOL was his final year as opposed to HUMILIATED like we were this past year... Explain to us how important it is to win the bowl game against a Top 10 team for momentum for the upcoming year as opposed to being HUMILIATED in the bowl game against a rinky dink team in a high school stadium... The last 2 games tell the tale of 2 teams, Ahso.. 1 on the rise with strong leadership, the other spiraling into oblivion.. Those Ahso.. are the facts...
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Great post. I particularly enjoyed the part between the first "Ahso" and the last "Facts" where you were an idiot.

Originally posted by The Jacket:

Great post. I particularly enjoyed the part between the first "Ahso" and the last "Facts" where you were an idiot.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Nobody does it better than Beebad!

IMHO CG pulled out a miracle. No Godsey and loss of nearly all RB's and loss of a wonderful DE. An OC shoved down his throat who was running an unknown leftover offense that no one could learn. He could not buy a first down, and he drew the injury bug. Yet, he equalled GO's last games.

Come on, lets get behind him and cheer him on. A little "cando attitude and positive cheer" can help us immensely.
smile.gif

Originally posted by BeeBad:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">BB: Excellent post and that word "humiliation" really is the barometer and description that breaks GT's back through last season. And you can go to the last 3 games -Duke included! Although we beat Duke it was with a 'wing and a prayer'! Ahso can take all the facts he wants - the make-up, direction and desire of Chan's first team has no comparison to ANY BOBBY ROSS OR GEORGE O'LEARY TEAM!

I can look at a lot of 7-6 teams throughout the country and they STUNK TOO! The 7-6 is just that, how we ended up.

That OC that was shoved down Bill Lewis-gailey's throat had an offensive that averaged 31.5 points/game with O'Leary as Coach.. With Bill Lewis-gailey looking over his shoulder the offense averaged only 21.8 points/game... These facts show that having Bill Lewis-gailey as head coach cost Billy O'Brien & our beloved Yellow Jackets 10 points/game in production... Those are the facts..

If you guys want better recruiting classes you better start with The Hill. We are not recruiting the same type of academic kids we brought in under O'Leary. You could knock 6 or 7 kids out of O'Leary's last couple classes under the current rules. It is a totally different ball game. Chan has done well considering how many kids wanted to come here but were shot down by admissions.

Originally posted by The Jacket:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by BeeBad:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Great post. I particularly enjoyed the part between the first "Ahso" and the last "Facts" where you were an idiot.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">A hug for thejacket.. \
smile.gif
/

MsTA.. good point on Duke, how lackluster we were in that game despite the win... That one must've been a snoozer to sit through.. Listened to Wes & Kim the whole game.. they sounded very bored..

Back