Guys, we better get this boat headed.......

Originally posted by BeeBad:
MsTA.. good point on Duke, how lackluster we were in that game despite the win... That one must've been a snoozer to sit through.. Listened to Wes & Kim the whole game.. they sounded very bored..
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">BB: I went to that game and I can't tell you how I felt I was back in the 70's and some of the 80's praying that we'd get a win!

you are so correct , we better have a coach with a pulse or we are doomed down to 2nd tier of the acc. thank god we have this board and everyone here is not singing that old ray stevens song everything is beautiful.

Originally posted by BeeBad:
That OC that was shoved down Bill Lewis-gailey's throat had an offensive that averaged 31.5 points/game with O'Leary as Coach.. With Bill Lewis-gailey looking over his shoulder the offense averaged only 21.8 points/game... These facts show that having Bill Lewis-gailey as head coach cost Billy O'Brien & our beloved Yellow Jackets 10 points/game in production... Those are the facts..
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">That OC had Godsey and RB's and players who were not in wheelchairs. Lets face it, CG matched GO's record without one advantage.

Originally posted by mustard:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by BeeBad:
That OC that was shoved down Bill Lewis-gailey's throat had an offensive that averaged 31.5 points/game with O'Leary as Coach.. With Bill Lewis-gailey looking over his shoulder the offense averaged only 21.8 points/game... These facts show that having Bill Lewis-gailey as head coach cost Billy O'Brien & our beloved Yellow Jackets 10 points/game in production... Those are the facts..
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">That OC had Godsey and RB's and players who were not in wheelchairs. Lets face it, CG matched GO's record without one advantage.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Coaches are judged by their successes 7-6 was our record without any distinction. If it was so impressive why are the masses so concerned about what's to come? Because that 7-6 was horrible, it was not worth getting excited over. It gave us nothing to hang our hats on for the upcoming season. It did not catapult postively into 2003!

Quite the opposite, we're on edge, we have deep concerns about this year and those to come. The state of the program is in the balance. The state of football affairs is worrisome. Too many of the faithful feel this way and you may want to say it ain't so but it is.

"Coaches are judged by their successes 7-6 was our record without any distinction. If it was so impressive why are the masses so concerned about what's to come? Because that 7-6 was horrible, it was not worth getting excited over. It gave us nothing to hang our hats on for the upcoming season. It did not catapult postively into 2003!

Quite the opposite, we're on edge, we have deep concerns about this year and those to come. The state of the program is in the balance. The state of football affairs is worrisome. Too many of the faithful feel this way and you may want to say it ain't so but it is."

Mrs TA, it is apparent that you are thinking with your sentimentality r/t your mentality. Everything is "feel feel feel."

What was the record that catapulted us into 2002? What is the record that is catapulting us into 2003?

All this doom and gloom should be set aside. We have some cheering for the Brave and Bold to do. Lets do that instead of living our lives dreading our deaths. Maximizing our lives is not done in doom and gloom. Nor is cheering the Brave and Bold done by condemning them before we have played a game.

If CG blows it, we can agonize over that event. However, agonizing over the non-existent is like agonizing over cancer when you have not contracted it.

confused.gif

Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:
one did, one won't!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Two things I want to know:

1) Did and won't what? What exactly did he do and won't Gailey do?

2) This is what I'm dying to know: Give me the link, the book from the future.. ANYTHING that is hardcore, solid, PROOF that there is NO CHANCE WHATSOEVER of Gailey suceeding.

PROOF that there is NO CHANCE WHATSOEVER of Gailey suceeding
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">How about the first 4 games or would you rather wait and add Miami.

CGs 2 recruiting classes have not brought in the big time players needed to beat Ugag, UM, FSU, NCS.

Originally posted by The Jacket:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:
one did, one won't!

2) This is what I'm dying to know: Give me the link, the book from the future.. ANYTHING that is hardcore, solid, PROOF that there is NO CHANCE WHATSOEVER of Gailey suceeding.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">O'Leary brought a 'dead in the water' program to back to LIFE after Lewis.

Gailey in his first year, slowing sending us back to that watery grave!! Only after (1) season!

Gailey could have NEVER taken over this program in 1995 - as he said 'don't want to rebuild anyone's mess'! Says volumes to me about what he can't do and his work ethic!

This is what I want to know: What proof do you have that we will ose those games? What says we have NO CHANCE of winning them?

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by The Jacket:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:
one did, one won't!

</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">O'Leary brought to life a program that was dead in the water after Lewis!!!!

Chan is making a DEAD a program that had life!
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Now try without the dancing shoes. I want the proof that He is going to kill this program.

MsTA, you are still not using logic.

Facts show O'Leary had already run the program back to its present level without Ralph. O'Leary's record in his last 13 games was 7-6. Gailey's record in his first 13 games was 7-6.

It is a fact, Gailey maintained the status quo in his first year left by O'Leary in his last year. It is also a fact Gailey's first year record is much better than O'Leary's first few years. You do not have a leg to stand on. The facts betray you.

Now, we will have to sit back and see what Gailey does from here on into the future. You, nor I, nor any other fan on the board knows those future facts. All we can do is guess. There is a 50/50 chance he will succeed or fail.

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

silly jacket!

MsTA doesn't deal with facts and proofs.
she has emotions and feelings.

engineers deal with facts and proofs.
liberal arts majors deal with emotions and feelings.

since bobby dodd (including him), no coach in the history of our program has had an easy time in his first few years. i've already posted about that in a long post.

if we're not patient with a new hire, we'll never know if we hired a bobby ross or a bill lewis. o'leary is somewhere between ross and lewis. where's gailey? who knows?

no facts or proof. only emotions and feelings.

Dave Tech, your's is a most rediculous statement. There is no way to tell if Tech will lose the first four games, win the first four, tie the first four, or some other combination.

There is no way to tell if the recruits we have from the past two years will win or lose in the future.

You have no proof, only your opinion, which is no better than anyone else's opinion.

Sheesh!

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Logic is about what each one of us see. Some choose to use their logic to see - good things. Obviiously there AS MANY IF NOT MORE, that use our logic and see bad things!

Again, no comparison in environments to 1995 and 2002. Taking over a program when it's down an out and building something will win most over in a heart beat.

Taking over a program when it has succeeded and bringing to levels of 'coaching' that is unprepared, unmotivated, and steers backwards is not acceptable.

Let me repeat - we saw no improvement,we didn't build to a year-ending positive upswing. Some say, 'well we beat NC State and VA', okay, all the more reason the season should proceed positively - if you use those (2) wins as your barometer, why the down swing in the last 3 games. Those games were won by seniors who had meeting to motivate a team that hadn't been motivated all year long! Let's SPIN THIS ONE!!!

Chan did nothing to enhance his status in his first season here. We came out not smelling like a rose - looked pitiful and the program in disaray.

Originally posted by ylojk8:
silly jacket!

since bobby dodd (including him), no coach in the history of our program has had an easy time in his first few years. i've already posted about that in a long post.

if we're not patient with a new hire, we'll never know if we hired a bobby ross or a bill lewis. o'leary is somewhere between ross and lewis. where's gailey? who knows?

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">If you don't have gut feelings and emotions for this team with facts - all you will ever see through is rose colored glasses. My facts come before he took the field - he did not bring with him what I wanted for GT to be lead by. The only people I said that to back then was my family and friends, who most agreed with me - my 16 year old was "right on"!

Emotions are built on what you see - I saw us moving into the dark ages again. This coach's whole approach outside of the x's and o's does not suit this program or its need to succeed. He doesn't encompass what I think GT needs to be successful. It's not emotion it gut feeling and what I didn't like about him before he took the job!

Originally posted by mustard:
"Coaches are judged by their successes 7-6 was our record without any distinction. If it was so impressive why are the masses so concerned about what's to come? Because that 7-6 was horrible, it was not worth getting excited over. It gave us nothing to hang our hats on for the upcoming season. It did not catapult postively into 2003!

Quite the opposite, we're on edge, we have deep concerns about this year and those to come. The state of the program is in the balance. The state of football affairs is worrisome. Too many of the faithful feel this way and you may want to say it ain't so but it is."

Mrs TA, it is apparent that you are thinking with your sentimentality r/t your mentality. Everything is "feel feel feel."

What was the record that catapulted us into 2002? What is the record that is catapulting us into 2003?

All this doom and gloom should be set aside. We have some cheering for the Brave and Bold to do. Lets do that instead of living our lives dreading our deaths. Maximizing our lives is not done in doom and gloom. Nor is cheering the Brave and Bold done by condemning them before we have played a game.

If CG blows it, we can agonize over that event. However, agonizing over the non-existent is like agonizing over cancer when you have not contracted it.

confused.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I'm agonizing over what everyone that went to the Admin. with $$$ is agonizing over - Chan! Why the letter by Dave Braine was produced because those who care with emotion and $$$ did not like what they saw last season and have reservations about its future. Do I know, yes I do. There is no confusion to the fans feelings one way or the other - we're both out here.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by ylojk8:
silly jacket!

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">If you don't have gut feelings and emotions for this team with facts - all you will ever see through is rose colored glasses. My facts come before he took the field - he did not bring with him what I wanted for GT to be lead by. The only people I said that to back then was my family and friends, who most agreed with me - my 16 year old was "right on"!

Emotions are built on what you see - I saw us moving into the dark ages again. This coach's whole approach outside of the x's and o's does not suit this program or its need to succeed. He doesn't encompass what I think GT needs to be successful. It's not emotion it gut feeling and what I didn't like about him before he took the job!
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">have you ever been wrong about your emotions and "gut" feelings before in your life?

you didn't support bobby ross the first few years when he stunk it up after taking over a program that had rebuilt under bill curry did you? you admitted it yourself.

suddenly bobby ross wins the NC and he "earned" your support.

your gut feelings are just another emotion. i'm glad that you have emotions and feelings even though they are obviosly diametrically opposite to mine because without that you'd be a vegetable or a computer.

however realize that your gut feelings, your emotions, your instincts .. can be inaccurate, misleading. facts are by definition always accurate.

Ms. TA, "no end of the year improvement." How would you factor in that in the last regular season game of the year, we were starting our 5th string RB who blew his knee out on our first possession of the game?

Originally posted by The Jacket:
I'm still waiting on your answer MsTA.
drinking.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I gave it to you it's at the top. It's funny, you're wanting me to write why I believe Chan "won't succeed" - I have probably written that more then anyone here.

His pathetic coaching in his first season. His disconnection to college football - all facets. His on field product, his hiring of coaches, his recruiting, his lack of motivation for his players, his management style, his leadership style (nada), his work ethic or lack there of, his taking a $900k paycheck and doing nothing for it ... I could go on and on. That's the "won't" in my previous post!

As a person who hires from top to bottom, you find out after you have to let someone go (most of the time), they were unhappy anyway and you lifted a burdon of their shoulders as they were not the right person for the job. That's what I think here!

Back