Guys, we better get this boat headed.......

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
Driver, the wheels came off in O'Leary's last 13 games when he went 7-6 without the Fridge. Gailey put on some new wheels and kept the wagon going with the same 7-6 record even though one wheel was still very wobbly and did not roll very well.

Even though we had three new wheels, they had to roll at the same speed as the old wobbly and broken wheel.

Gailey has now replaced the broken wheel, after recruiting was over, with a new wheel. We even have a spare wheel now.

We are awaiting August to hitch up the wagon and see how she rolls without the broken wheel. We will let you know after it has travelled down the road for awhile.

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

We are awaiting to see if the new wheels correct the problem.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Ahso.. we are in wheel trouble..

Okay BeeBad, let's go back and review some facts and history.

O'Leary lost his first game against UGA 10-48, a humiliation and not much different from Gailey's first loss. The very next year, O'Leary was humiliated by Virginia 14-41 and FSU 10-42.

Then next three years O'Leary was humiliated by FSU 3-49, 0-38, and 7-34. It appears the humiliation got worse instead of better. Gailey's first year against FSU was 13-21. Talk about humiliation!

In O'Leary's third full year he was beaten by Navy 26-36. Talk about humiliation, that is worse than being beaten by a Fresno State team in a bowl game.

In 1999 Tech, with the Friegden high powered offense, beat UGA 51-48. Forty eight points against us by UGA is only 3 shy of the 51 this past year.

Can you imagine how bad it would have been had we not had Friegden and was able to keep the ball on offense for a good portion of the game. Why, without Freigden, we might have lost 0-222.

Without Friegden, O'Leary and O'Brien embarrassed a superior Tech team by allowing an inferior LSU team to humiliate us in the Peach Bowl, here in our own back yard.

In O'Leary's last year, he made major booboo's by allowing an underdog Clemson team to beat us in Atlanta by the score of 44-47, because he could not adapt to one person, a quarterback, running the ball. Talk about humiliation.

In the same year, O'Leary humiliated Tech by giving away a game to Maryland by the score of 17-20 in Atlanta, because he could not manage time on the clock. What humiliation, when we already had the game won.

We were further humiliated by an undermanned and infererior Virginia team when we failed to manage the clock, nor could offer any defense, and let them beat us at the end of the game by the score of 38-39.

This was a team projected to be in the top ten and O'Leary lost the last three out of four games. We just barely beat a weak Wake Forest team by the score of 38-33. We could not even keep them from scoring. They tore us up on passing, and they were supposed to be a running team. Poor coaching, humiliating.

Had O'Leary coached the bowl game against Stanford, we might well have lost four out of the last five games. He quit before that happened.

Had he coached the bowl game and lost, he might have been run out of town on the rails, because most of the Tech fans were very upset he had squandered the best potential season in years and ran the program into the ground.

Now it is a fact Gailey's first year was the best in Tech history for a first year coach at 7-6. The only other coach to do this was Bill Fulcher. Both he and Fulcher also went to bowls in their first season.

It is also a fact O'Brien, with some of the best ever material at Tech, had a record of only 15-11 in two years. He accomplished the record of 8-5 in his first year with a quarterback trained by Friegden. In his second year, his offense was pathetic, and he could not train a quarterback.

Not only all of the above facts, but the history of O'Leary without Friegden is not good at all.

Without Friegden, O'Leary was 18-20 overall. He was responsible for only one bowl game, but did not coach in it because he quit Tech. He coached one bowl game that Ralph was responsible for getting us there, but O'Leary lost it to an inferior LSU team.

O'Leary's record against UGA without Friegden was 0-4. Ralph's record at Tech was 33-14 in four years, responsible for getting Tech to four bowls, and had a 3-1 record against UGA.

Now you can compare Gailey and O'Leary anytime you would like, but you will not change the facts that up to this point in history, Gailey's first year record of 7-6 exceeds O'Leary's first 2 1/3 years if 11-14 and O'Leary's first 3 1/3 years of 18-19.

Anytime you want to compare the two, I am available with the facts. Actually, I keep coming up with more, so let's continue the comparison's.

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Any NEW incoming coach who analyzes the state of GT program coming in 1995 vs. 2002 - would take their entry into this program in 2002 rather then in 1995! In 2002 we had been successful for multiple years before. We had just finished in the Top 25 at the end of 2001. We HAD a decent program who just beat the #11 team in the country in their bowl game - forget the bowl

In 1995 we were at the end of ropes, we were at the bottom of the ocean, like that Great Ship Titantic - never to be seen again in 80 years. Robert Ballard, or excuse the great rejuvenator, George O'Leary stepped on to GT's campus saw the sunken ship and said, "mates, all on board to raise the this glorious ship that once stood proud. Mates, stick with me and we will sail again. It's going to be difficult, it will take time, we ALL WILL WORK HARD. We will forge ahead in adversity to only come out on top."

Two different environments, two different states of the football program, TWO DIFFERENT COACHES, one did, one won't!

You have no proof, only your opinion, which is no better than anyone else's opinion
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Ahso, my opinion yes, but less season ticket sales in a bigger stadium says more people agree with my opinion than your opinion. Look at the polls, look at the class ratings. Talk about sheeesss - you don't have much back up for your opinion.

You claim to use so much logic and yet you say GOL was all Ralph, giving GOL no credit for hiring him. You want to wait, wait, wait for Chan but ASSUME GOL would not have developed BOB, who only had one year with GOL.

You need to face facts - Miami didn't like him and quite a few people here are not sold. That is not good or positive or optimistic, nor is it my opinion, but fact.

Originally posted by DaveTech:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You have no proof, only your opinion, which is no better than anyone else's opinion
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Ahso, my opinion yes, but less season ticket sales in a bigger stadium says more people agree with my opinion than your opinion. Look at the polls, look at the class ratings. Talk about sheeesss - you don't have much back up for your opinion.

You claim to use so much logic and yet you say GOL was all Ralph, giving GOL no credit for hiring him. You want to wait, wait, wait for Chan but ASSUME GOL would not have developed BOB, who only had one year with GOL.

You need to face facts - Miami didn't like him and quite a few people here are not sold. That is not good or positive or optimistic, nor is it my opinion, but fact.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Lets see? GO had only one year to develop BOB, and it was bad that he could not have had more. Then GO jilted GT for another school, and he is praised by many of the GT faithful.

CG has had only one year, and he matched GO's last year, and he needs to go? And CG had the great BOB for his second year after being developed by GO? He had an inexperienced QB, a fifth string RB, injuries galore, and an antagonistic hive filled with people who even criticize his wins?

He is criticized for having a losing "future season." Give me a break!
confused.gif

Is anybody here a big fan of the series of Dirty Harry movies? I need a title of one of them.

The scene goes like this: Harry once again breaks all policies of the SF police department by shooting up a city block, but in the end gets the bad guy. After a disciplinary hearing, Harry gets taken off the street for a while. His superior is the one to inform Harry that he has been reassigned to Personnel.
Harry's classic remark...."Personnel's for as#h^&@s!"

Anyway, does anybody remember the title?

Sorry for being off topic.

Originally posted by LLCoolJacket:
Is anybody here a big fan of the series of Dirty Harry movies? I need a title of one of them.

The scene goes like this: Harry once again breaks all policies of the SF police department by shooting up a city block, but in the end gets the bad guy. After a disciplinary hearing, Harry gets taken off the street for a while. His superior is the one to inform Harry that he has been reassigned to Personnel.

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I remember that movie.. the title of it is: "Inappropriate Post Done in Poor Taste"...

Dave Tech, you are still rediculous in your post.

First, you never gave your opinion. You stated as proof as shown below by you that Gailey would not succeed. Then you cited the first four games and Miami which have not been played yet. Proof? Astounding!

Then you cited as proof that the CG recruiting classes could not beat Ugag, UM, FSU, and NCS. These recruits have not even played these teams yet and you cite this as proof they can't beat these teams. Proof? Astounding.

I should not have to even defend a rebuttal by such a rediculous post.
-------------------------------------------------
YOUR POST FOLLOWS

PROOF that there is NO CHANCE WHATSOEVER of Gailey suceeding

How about the first 4 games or would you rather wait and add Miami.

CGs 2 recruiting classes have not brought in the big time players needed to beat Ugag, UM, FSU, NCS.
-------------------------------------------------

Less ticket sales in a larger stadium may also mean the economy is not very good right now. You can't prove it either way. No facts here.

Polls and class ratings have nothing to do with whether Tech has a winning or losing season. Again no facts here.

My opinion. You are clueless here and still can produce no facts. Find me an article where I have given my opinion on whether I think Gailey will be a success or failure this year. You don't even know my opinion. Again you have no facts.

Find me the facts that says more Tech fans agree that Gailey should be fired than those that say he should be given another year. Another false statement by you. I urge you to find those facts and post them. Again you are blowing smoke and have no facts to back this up.

I will state with authority, you will find no more than 35% wanting to get rid of Gailey, and I doubt the figure is more than 10%. Do I have proof? No, but I bet if you find some accurate figures they will be in the range I have stated. I am confident those wanting to get rid of Gailey are in the minority. Now if you have facts to the opposite, go find them and post them.

On GOL, I did not use logic, I used facts. O'Leary was 18-20 without Friegden. He was 0-4 against UGA without Friegden. He was responsible for only one bowl game without Friegden and quit Tech before he had a chance to lose the bowl. It is possible we won the bowl because he was not coaching in it.

O'Leary had lost three out of the last four games of the season. The wheels had come off a top ten team and was spiraling downward. Facts.

O'leary was 0-3, 6-5, 5-6, before Friegden came. He was 7-6 after Friegden left. Tech was 7-5, 10-2, 8-4, and 9-2 with Friegden. While Friegden was here, Tech was 3-1 against UGA and went to four straight bowls.

Now you can spin that all you want, but those are facts and in the record book. No logic is involved. It is all fact.

Another false statement by you. You said I wanted to wait, wait, wait on Chan. I am not sure what you are insinuating, but that appears to be years to me. If so, you have never seen one of my post even suggest we give him more than this year to prove himself.

I have repeatedly stated, I would make my opinions known after this coming year has been completed and possibly sooner. Again you blow smoke without facts.

BOB had a winning record of 15-11 without Friegden. I have no idea how BOB and GOL would have done together had O'Leary not quit Tech. So to suppose GOL would have made BOB into a good offensive coordinator is only guessing and has nothing to do with facts.

Now, you say Miami did not like Gailey. Every article I saw in the papers and on the news and on the boards stated Gailey was a fine person and a good coach. All interviewed from Miami gave him rave notices.

Again, go find me the proof that Miami did not like him. I believe there are some articles in the Ramblin Wreck archives that have the quotes by those associated with him at Miami. You will find them all positive, even his players there.

Again, you are blowing smoke with no facts, just words.

Sheesh!

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Originally posted by BeeBad:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by LLCoolJacket:

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I remember that movie.. the title of it is: "Inappropriate Post Done in Poor Taste"...</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">BB: Personnel determines your fate from the beginning to the end!
wink.gif

&lt;deleted&gt;

LOL .. this might be the wisest post i have ever made

Originally posted by JJacket:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by Driver8:
Some of you folks need to save the scripture-lesson for Sunday School. Your defense of Gailey borders on the absurd. This is about winning on Saturday afternoons,...something that the aforementioned one has some difficulty with, very similar to B--- L----. I hope all of you are on the front pews this fall when the wheels come off and were staring at 3-9. Most of you that support him will still be "singing his praises". Give me a break.

GATA JACKETS!!!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">On the other hand, the crucifying that the man has endured here also borders on the absurd. The man has not shown to be a Bill Lewis clone yet, and until he has, I am willing to stick behind the coach of the institution that I love. If he does prove to be inept, his firing or resignation would most certainly be forthcoming and everyone can be happy with several more rebuilding years.
Calling for a firing or resignation when there are a couple of months to go till the season starts would most certainly lead to a disastrous season and an even worse recruiting class for next year since the bridges that are being built to the recruits by Georgia Tech would be burnt.

By the way, I have been singing HIS praises my entire life, and it has nothing to do with football.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Save it for VBS,....this is about winning football games on Saturday afternoons. I too have strong religious beliefs,...just wish our head coach would spend more time concentrating on our football(Lord knows he needs all the help he can get) program and less time preaching the gospel.

GATA JACKETS!!!

Back