Guys, we better get this boat headed.......

The homeless shelter! Wow, gotta give it to Beebad, that one came out of nowhere. I guess he finally got the memo.

I asked 'em last night if they could boil up some "crow" broth, ylo. I got a feeling some will be looking for it before long.

Originally posted by The Jacket:
I'll be back in a few minutes. I'm gonna go find out if there's some sort of religion that forbids the direct answering of questions. Maybe a couple of you are involved in it. Other than that possibility I really don't see why my question is being ignored.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Jacket - you need to read - the religion is in the reading! Now, you tell me what you saw in Chan's coaching that makes you think things are going to be positive for this program. What exactly are the things that make you "think" he will succeed?????????

I've got Mrs. TA beaten: "I am a preacher. And GOD told me . . . . " So there.

And besides that my gut feeling is . . . .

Not only that my 22 year old daughter said . . . .
tongue.gif

Originally posted by bellyseries:
The homeless shelter! Wow, gotta give it to Beebad, that one came out of nowhere. I guess he finally got the memo.

I asked 'em last night if they could boil up some "crow" broth, ylo. I got a feeling some will be looking for it before long.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">ahhh the crow flavored broth. some people will be eating it on stingtalk, that's for sure. could be me, could be wannabee .. we'll see

Originally posted by mustard:

tongue.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">LOL .. and i'm sure you've stayed in holiday inn express sometime or the other

Originally posted by mustard:

tongue.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">It's sad that fans have gotten so abrasive to each other because I DID answer a question as to why Chan Gailey was not my choice, is not who I would have hired and why I believe he won't succeed.

This joke is not on me - it's on all of us in the GT community - if you 'could play God' - you need to make sure Chan is loaded with "divine intervention" he's going to need it!

Ahso vs. MsTA- Round 10 ding, ding!
Gotta go with Ahso this round.

MsTA, I'm sure you are quite competent if you have survived the HR postion for 20+ years and I do believe your instincts are more fine tuned than some of us ingeneers, but unless you've hired a bunch of football coaches in the last 20 years I can't imagine your opinion of this coach's success has any more weight than anyone else.

Besides we are all football experts here, right?

Originally posted by 2ndgenjacket:
Ahso vs. MsTA- Round 10 ding, ding!
Gotta go with Ahso this round.

MsTA, I'm sure you are quite competent if you have survived the HR postion for 20+ years and I do believe your instincts are more fine tuned than some of us ingeneers, but unless you've hired a bunch of football coaches in the last 20 years I can't imagine your opinion of this coach's success has any more weight than anyone else.

Besides we are all football experts here, right?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I responded to the post as to why I felt the way I did. I answered with my background and my opinion - it was not meant for carrying weight it was a response. I did look at this hire with my background first - after all these years, why wouldn't I.

It's served me well before - that's all it was and now because I answered with how I broke it down - I'm flaunting - let's get serious here. Flaunting would be that I come on this board and say - I can fire Chan and there's nothing anyone can do about it!

I gave an opinion and it had basis in my background - that's all. Maybe if GT had an HR Manager for all hiring in the AA - we would be in better shape!

Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by The Jacket:
I'll be back in a few minutes. I'm gonna go find out if there's some sort of religion that forbids the direct answering of questions. Maybe a couple of you are involved in it. Other than that possibility I really don't see why my question is being ignored.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Jacket - you need to read - the religion is in the reading! Now, you tell me what you saw in Chan's coaching that makes you think things are going to be positive for this program. What exactly are the things that make you "think" he will succeed?????????</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Ah, but this is where yours and BeeBad/Beeware's fault is - I am not saying that Chan will suceed. As I have said numerous times on this board, I do not claim to have supernatural foresight as you do, I acknoweledge the potentials for both sucess and failure while you only acknoweledge the potential of failure which without opposing potential, becomes certainty and then we're back to my original question: How can you be certain that we will fail?

I actually think everyone here is analyzing in their points of view. It was a good handle because it fits an opinion board.

The FACT is - there are fans who like this coach/abilities and there are fans that don't - very plain and simple. If in FACT, he should succeed you might find those who are currently not in his camp change. If in FACT, he continues the current path, you will find fans that did like him move over to the other group.

These facts are probably more real then any other.

MsTA: Could you start with the AD role? I think they could use some of your advice there pretty soon in how to relate to the alumni and fans.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by The Jacket:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Jacket - you need to read - the religion is in the reading! Now, you tell me what you saw in Chan's coaching that makes you think things are going to be positive for this program. What exactly are the things that make you "think" he will succeed?????????</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Ah, but this is where yours and BeeBad/Beeware's fault is - I am not saying that Chan will suceed. As I have said numerous times on this board, I do not claim to have supernatural foresight as you do, I acknoweledge the potentials for both sucess and failure while you only acknoweledge the potential of failure which without opposing potential, becomes certainty and then we're back to my original question: How can you be certain that we will fail?</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Wait, there are a heck of a lot more fans then the 3 you mentioned who feel this way. And there is no fault to be laid at anyone's feet - just the Coach! I have no fault in saying what I believe. You talk about potential, if we hired a coach for $900k/yr I would think his potential has already been met!

Use the word 'potential' for a graduate assistant, and intern, a trainee! Is that what we hired for $900k per year, if so he's way overpaid. When you garner a paycheck like that, I expect much more then potential! Like I have said before, me not thinking this was a good hire or not liking what I see - will not determine his outcome, the on field product and how this program ends up will - his bosses or big time $$$ contributors will in the end have that determination.

Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Jacket - you need to read - the religion is in the reading! Now, you tell me what you saw in Chan's coaching that makes you think things are going to be positive for this program. What exactly are the things that make you "think" he will succeed?????????</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Ah, but this is where yours and BeeBad/Beeware's fault is - I am not saying that Chan will suceed. As I have said numerous times on this board, I do not claim to have supernatural foresight as you do, I acknoweledge the potentials for both sucess and failure while you only acknoweledge the potential of failure which without opposing potential, becomes certainty and then we're back to my original question: How can you be certain that we will fail?</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Wait, there are a heck of a lot more fans then the 3 you mentioned who feel this way. And there is no fault to be laid at anyone's feet - just the Coach! I have no fault in saying what I believe. You talk about potential, if we hired a coach for $900k/yr I would think his potential has already been met!

Use the word 'potential' for a graduate assistant, and intern, a trainee! Is that what we hired for $900k per year, if so he's way overpaid. When you garner a paycheck like that, I expect much more then potential! Like I have said before, me not thinking this was a good hire or not liking what I see - will not determine his outcome, the on field product and how this program ends up will - his bosses or big time $$$ contributors will in the end have that determination.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I only mentioned 2 fans.
wink.gif

You're not an impatient person. No, impatient would be wanting Chan to have won the National Championship last year. It seems as though you would have expected him to have had it wrapped up by the end of the Vanderbilt game.

And since you are obviously misunderstanding what I'm saying, I will substitute potentially with possibly. Chan will possibly fail. Chan will possibly suceed. There is no certainty. NONE WHATSOEVER. Yet you claim that the only possibility there is, is that of failure. You've got no foresight and you can not see the future. I acknoweledge that Chan can both possibly fail or suceed this fall.

The question remains, but I don't feel like typing it again..
drinking.gif

I give in. I suggest we immediately fire Chan. If the next coach finishes his first year below 7-5, we should fire him too. We should immediately expect, at the minimum, a first year coach to win the ACC. Second year we should be in the National Championship, and hopefully, we'll win so whoever is coach can keep his job.

I agree JJ. And if by year 4, we're not in the Super Bowl, give him the boot.

drinking.gif

I agree JJ. And if by year 4, we're not in the Super Bowl, give him the boot.

drinking.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">year 4? that's being too patient for a tech fan these days.

1st year .. ACC title
2nd year .. MNC
3rd year .. Super bowl

we can't be that patient to wait till the 4th year.

Some of you folks need to save the scripture-lesson for Sunday School. Your defense of Gailey borders on the absurd. This is about winning on Saturday afternoons,...something that the aforementioned one has some difficulty with, very similar to B--- L----. I hope all of you are on the front pews this fall when the wheels come off and were staring at 3-9. Most of you that support him will still be "singing his praises". Give me a break.

GATA JACKETS!!!

Originally posted by Driver8:
Some of you folks need to save the scripture-lesson for Sunday School. Your defense of Gailey borders on the absurd. This is about winning on Saturday afternoons,...something that the aforementioned one has some difficulty with, very similar to B--- L----. I hope all of you are on the front pews this fall when the wheels come off and were staring at 3-9. Most of you that support him will still be "singing his praises". Give me a break.

GATA JACKETS!!!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">On the other hand, the crucifying that the man has endured here also borders on the absurd. The man has not shown to be a Bill Lewis clone yet, and until he has, I am willing to stick behind the coach of the institution that I love. If he does prove to be inept, his firing or resignation would most certainly be forthcoming and everyone can be happy with several more rebuilding years.
Calling for a firing or resignation when there are a couple of months to go till the season starts would most certainly lead to a disastrous season and an even worse recruiting class for next year since the bridges that are being built to the recruits by Georgia Tech would be burnt.

By the way, I have been singing HIS praises my entire life, and it has nothing to do with football.

Driver, the wheels came off in O'Leary's last 13 games when he went 7-6 without the Fridge. Gailey put on some new wheels and kept the wagon going with the same 7-6 record even though one wheel was still very wobbly and did not roll very well.

Even though we had three new wheels, they had to roll at the same speed as the old wobbly and broken wheel.

Gailey has now replaced the broken wheel, after recruiting was over, with a new wheel. We even have a spare wheel now.

We are awaiting August to hitch up the wagon and see how she rolls without the broken wheel. We will let you know after it has travelled down the road for awhile.

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

We are awaiting to see if the new wheels correct the problem.

hey Driver8, don't tell people here to stop being absurd.

what an absurd notion to tell absurd people to stop their absurdity. what an absurdute &lt;BLEEP&gt;!

Back