Haynes King starting vs Louisville

Wow. I suspect Pyron will play at some point in the game.

Haynes King named Georgia Tech starting quarterback
Georgia Tech's quarterback Haynes King (10) throws a ball during a training camp at Georgia Tech’s Rose Bowl Field, Tuesday, August 1, 2023, in Atlanta. (Hyosub Shin / Hyosub.Shin@ajc.com)

Caption
Credit: HYOSUB SHIN / AJC
GEORGIA TECH
By Chad Bishop
15 minutes ago
X

Georgia Tech will roll with its highly coveted transfer to start the season.
Haynes King was named the team’s starting quarterback, coach Brent Key announced Tuesday. King had been in competition, mainly, with freshman Zach Pyron this month in preseason camp.

King transferred to Tech in January after being the starting quarterback at different times during his tenure at Texas A&M. He played six games for the Aggies in 2022, went 104-for-187 passing for 1,220 yards and seven touchdowns. He also was picked off six times.

In a near-upset of Alabama last season, King threw for 253 yards and two scores. In a season-opening win over Sam Houston State, the 6-foot-3, 205-pounder threw for 364 yards and three scores.
King and the Yellow Jackets open the season at 7:30 p.m. Sept. 1 against Louisville at Mercedes-Benz Stadium.

Has to be a close contest, but he has the overall game experience. Whoever on here said he was the starter, you called it.

That said, I'd be more comfortable with Puron coming in at backup than I have been with a backup coming in in years.

Has to be a close contest, but he has the overall game experience. Whoever on here said he was the starter, you called it.

That said, I'd be more comfortable with Puron coming in at backup than I have been with a backup coming in in years.
I would tell you I called it but I didn't, Have to guess after they watch the film from Saturday thet saw something they liked.

Strange imo considering Key was adamant on not naming a starter before Louisville. I am excited to see how he does though.

Then again, what if this is just a ploy to throw off Louisville and actually starts pyron lol

Back