Haynes King starting vs Louisville

Its Good To Be The King GIFs | Tenor

I’ve heard that there isn’t much separating King and Pyron. Being the first game of the year, I think it’s a good call to go with the guy with more starts/experience. I’m sure they’ll still be battling each other for starts every week.

Does this give Pyron the opportunity to redshirt this year? I think he was a true freshman last year. Honestly, I thought he was impressive in the games he played in, but I don't think he's reached his ceiling yet.

Does this give Pyron the opportunity to redshirt this year? I think he was a true freshman last year. Honestly, I thought he was impressive in the games he played in, but I don't think he's reached his ceiling yet.
Interestingly his bio on ramblinwreck.com has him as a R-Fr.

Since he only played 3 games, he can use last season as a redshirt year? Is that right? Or is it only for medical RSs? I can't remember.

I’ve heard that there isn’t much separating King and Pyron. Being the first game of the year, I think it’s a good call to go with the guy with more starts/experience. I’m sure they’ll still be battling each other for starts every week.

Maybe they'll do the Ole Miss switch them every quarter schtick.

Since he only played 3 games, he can use last season as a redshirt year? Is that right? Or is it only for medical RSs? I can't remember.

That must be it. He was a T-FR last year, now he's a RS-FR. That makes sense. Either way, he's got some years of eligibility left to grow into an NFL-ready starter.

Strange imo considering Key was adamant on not naming a starter before Louisville. I am excited to see how he does though.

Then again, what if this is just a ploy to throw off Louisville and actually starts pyron lol
He has to name a starter "for" louisville." So perhaps he is not saying that King has the job, just that he will be the 1st QB to play in the Louisville game.

That must be it. He was a T-FR last year, now he's a RS-FR. That makes sense. Either way, he's got some years of eligibility left to grow into an NFL-ready starter.
Yes he redshirted last year and is now a redshirt freshman.

Funny. KQ had been saying it was going to be Pyron as starter. He had looked better in the spring and was ahead in preseason.
Well then.

Back