Haynes King starting vs Louisville

Neither would've played at QB on any other ACC team (except for the occasional wildcat package) during their times. Sorry, I still love them.
I’d argue that Josh Nesbitt would’ve started for a majority of other teams. He’d be a Michael Vick/Tyrod Taylor type. Sure, Justin might not have started for a lot of other teams, but that’s more of a scheme thing. It’s like saying that Josh Allen or Patrick Mahomes wouldn’t have started for us under Paul Johnson solely bc they couldn’t run.

I’d argue that Josh Nesbitt would’ve started for a majority of other teams. He’d be a Michael Vick/Tyrod Taylor type. Sure, Justin might not have started for a lot of other teams, but that’s more of a scheme thing. It’s like saying that Josh Allen or Patrick Mahomes wouldn’t have started for us under Paul Johnson solely bc they couldn’t run.
justin wouldn't have started as QB for a lot of other teams CB on the other hand he would have

I think Justin could have started for plenty of ACC teams. He was a legit passer. Not the top but there are plenty of mediocre QBs in the ACC.

I’m not sure about Nesbit. He ended up being perfect for Johnson’s offense.

Justin was a better passer than Reggie Ball and he started for 4 years.

Who said anything about his throwing motion?

GBPO4ACSHJHDRKH3EKO6B6N47M.jpg
2e96c-16902170681071-1920.jpg
Each of those throws went 60 yds in the air and hit a receiver in stride. So there is that.

No need to apologize but apology accepted, everybody has opinions.

I'm just pointing out the kid needs work. His technique may very well be overcome by other stuff like his mobility, pocket presence, leadership in the huddle, etc and this is likely why he's starting over others. I have no idea, just seen a couple pictures and work with a good QB coach might be able to get this kid elevated to the next level. We sure could use a stud QB under center or whever we put him.

Personally I hope he's the right choice because our team is going to suffer if we don't have a legit starting QB and a good back up to come in if he gets dinged. I think we have a capable back up, the ? is the starter at this point and none of us have seen him play on the Flats yet. We will in 9 days, yes you don't have to take your shoes off anymore to count down!
Just win baybee.

Just win baybee.
Exactly. I don't give a öööö who the QB is as long as he can get the job done. I trust the coaches that see them in practice over you jock sniffing arm chair QB coaches. King looks good to me. Both Zacks look good too, but Tech needs to hitch their wagon to one and go, none of the musical chairs QB BS.

Back