Haynes King starting vs Louisville

You forgot Ohio State as a solid 2

I haven't lived in Columbus so can't judge. Lived in Austin so got first hand experience.

Walking into a store in TTU gear in Austin is like walking into an Atlanta store in Tech gear.

As I understand it, if you fail a class at ATM, they cut off your pinkies. Fail again, and you lose your ring fingers. Fail a third time and the cut off your middle fingers and send you to TT.
Most high school counselors in Texas tell their students that they have a choice, get their grades up or get their guns up (Go toTT).

Most high school counselors in Texas tell their students that they have a choice, get their grades up or get their guns up (Go toTT).
Reminds me that in North Carolina you have a choice to send your kids to college after high school or send them to NC State.

Do you mean ambidextrous, like Paul Dean? Interesting bit of trivia about him.
It’s a Yogi Berra joke

36B53C5F-419F-4E01-9E1E-5C91265A8BCA.jpeg

So he’s a lefty but throws with right? Somebody should probably correct that. Are they even aware?? I guess we’re gonna have to trust the coaches.
Now we’re gonna have to teach our center to hike with his left hand

Worst QB or played under the worst HC and OC in GT history? It's hard to say he was the worst, because it's hard to excel at that position w/o decent coaching. That is especially true when the rest of your offensive team was recruited for and trained in a spread option system, and your WRs were coached primarily as blockers in that system, and your HC and OC had -0- idea how to successfully transition from that system. Still, he seemed to exhibit very little progression over his 3 years on the Flats, while playing in fewer games each year than the year before. His INTs got a little better, but his TD's went down, too. HIs completion percentage was pretty good, but his passing yards dropped, partly due to his more and more limited playing time. He only played a little over half our games last season.

His slash for 2022, had he played all 12 games would have been:
188 comp/ 322 att/ 1911 yards/ 9 TD/ 5 INT.

That's not bad, but it's also not great, especially the TDs. His slash for 10 games in 2020 was:
141 comp/ 257 att/ 1881 yards/ 13 TD/ 13 INT.

I dunno. I wish him the best.

Next.

SLASH_01-1.jpg

AJ sucks has something to say about that
That’s who I was trying to remember in addition to some others with problematic stat lines- Bilbo, Bennett, Booker, Luginbill, Gast, Rampley

What a warm welcome over here haha, feels like college football is actually here now ;)

I don’t think King is a savior, but I do think he can be a high-quality top 20% kind of D1 QB, Would stay away from that vaunted triple option though, he’s more of a sprinter than a scrambler if that makes sense.

Whoever said guns up…I’d say amen to that, especially around Thanksgiving!

As far as my mom, I’ll let my dad know she’s alive and she seems to be having a good time lol….good luck against Louisville!
If we're being honest, top 50% QB would mean he's the best QB we've had on campus since Godsey. All due respect to Nesbitt and JT who were warriors that won us a lot of games, but they weren't top 50% passers and that wasn't just because of the system.

If we convert 3rd downs and prevent the other team from converting 3rd downs, we win every game we play. How many times under clown did we see the other team in a 3rd and 10+ and convert?

If King is a 60%+ passer, we go bowling. 70%+, we beat Clemson and UGAg with just some 3rd down stops.

That’s who I was trying to remember in addition to some others with problematic stat lines- Bilbo, Bennett, Booker, Luginbill, Gast, Rampley
Bilbo wasn't cut to be QB but did well at WR, Bennett was a game manager more or less, Booker I have no clue who that is, Luginbill's situation was just awful no qb would do good under that circumstance, as for the last 2 you got me again. AJ was just sad to watch.

Bilbo wasn't cut to be QB but did well at WR, Bennett was a game manager more or less, Booker I have no clue who that is, Luginbill's situation was just awful no qb would do good under that circumstance, as for the last 2 you got me again. AJ was just sad to watch.

Booker was a pocket passer brought in by Gailey (from Auburn I think). He was a horrible match for Johnson’s system, but stayed on and got his degree. He had a single disastrous game against GWebb.

Booker was a pocket passer brought in by Gailey (from Auburn I think). He was a horrible match for Johnson’s system, but stayed on and got his degree. He had a single disastrous game against GWebb.

Wasn't Booker also a part of the whole BayBay situation that led us to our stripped ACC title? He was considered some sort of agent or something.

If we're being honest, top 50% QB would mean he's the best QB we've had on campus since Godsey. All due respect to Nesbitt and JT who were warriors that won us a lot of games, but they weren't top 50% passers and that wasn't just because of the system.
To be fair, I wouldn’t say that just the top 50% of passers are the top 50% of QBs. I feel like a QB is more than that. Someone who takes control of an offense, someone who can move the ball, wether that’s throwing or running. I think Justin Thomas was a top 20 QB in the NCAA his sophomore season while maybe being a top 75 passer. Nesbitt, same thing. He was a top 10 QB and even had a chance at a heisman. Tebow was one of the best QBs and had average accuracy to above average accuracy.

To be fair, I wouldn’t say that just the top 50% of passers are the top 50% of QBs. I feel like a QB is more than that. Someone who takes control of an offense, someone who can move the ball, wether that’s throwing or running. I think Justin Thomas was a top 20 QB in the NCAA his sophomore season while maybe being a top 75 passer. Nesbitt, same thing. He was a top 10 QB and even had a chance at a heisman. Tebow was one of the best QBs and had average accuracy to above average accuracy.
to piggy back on that.. s. bennett probably had pretty gawdy numbers compared to how good he actually is.. things are easier with NFL talent all around you

Neither would've played at QB on any other ACC team (except for the occasional wildcat package) during their times. Sorry, I still love them.

I was surprised to hear about the TTU/TAMU "hate" as living in Austin all I heard was the UT/TAMU stuff. Maybe it is a relic. UT fans are the 2nd worst behind UGAg in my book.

Oh, and while I'm busting your balls - There's only one "Tech". And it's in Georgia. I won't allow my son to refer to TTU as Tech in my house.
As any good fan should ;)

Back