Haynes King starting vs Louisville

I like his comment about CBF wtte: "He lets you play to your strengths."

To me that's huge and is a big failure of the previous regime where it seemed they tried to shoehorn players into a system where they didn't fit and we saw the resulting poor play (and then tended to blame the players, which is unforgivable to me). Yes, it was a tough situation, but the effort was not good from my observation.

Anyway, back to CBF, it's apparent to me that he's a real OC and understands players as well as systems, and... is willing to bust this butt to adjust his system to find an optimal point of effectiveness between the two. At least, it appears that way at this point. More to come.

I like his comment about CBF wtte: "He lets you play to your strengths."

To me that's huge and is a big failure of the previous regime where it seemed they tried to shoehorn players into a system where they didn't fit and we saw the resulting poor play (and then tended to blame the players, which is unforgivable to me). Yes, it was a tough situation, but the effort was not good from my observation.

Anyway, back to CBF, it's apparent to me that he's a real OC and understands players as well as systems, and... is willing to bust this butt to adjust his system to find an optimal point of effectiveness between the two. At least, it appears that way at this point. More to come.

I think the failure of the previous regime was chasing recruiting stars on an individual basis and not a team basis. So we ended up with WRs built for air raid, a RPO qb, a mixed bag at RB, and I formation OL. Then we had a grab bag of plays trying to accentuate those talents. The problem was it made our plays very predictable based on personnel. Then last year we tried to have a system, but practices were to disorganized to execute. It wasn’t until after the clown left that things began to jell but we were working with a very limited playbook. We couldn’t make any significant adjustments in game.

Hey all, first post here but I like to follow the King conversation close as I watched him in high school and have been an A&M fan my whole life (thoughts and prayers lol)

King definitely had a rough go of it last year but I still believe his upside is incredible, our offense since he got to A&M was a rough fit for him honestly and last year was just a complete comedy of errors from injuries and more importantly for this convo our O line was the worst I’ve ever seen at the school, no exaggeration.

As someone who’s watched him a long time, I think you guys have something great in King if he can clean up a few things and stay healthy. He’s tough as nails and will leave it all out there. He needed a change of scenery and I’m excited to watch him this year.

Hey all, first post here but I like to follow the King conversation close as I watched him in high school and have been an A&M fan my whole life (thoughts and prayers lol)

King definitely had a rough go of it last year but I still believe his upside is incredible, our offense since he got to A&M was a rough fit for him honestly and last year was just a complete comedy of errors from injuries and more importantly for this convo our O line was the worst I’ve ever seen at the school, no exaggeration.

As someone who’s watched him a long time, I think you guys have something great in King if he can clean up a few things and stay healthy. He’s tough as nails and will leave it all out there. He needed a change of scenery and I’m excited to watch him this year.
I ööööed your mom

Welcome aboard.

Oh, and Guns Up!!

I ööööed your mom
IMG_1897.jpeg

This guy ain't so thrilled....

It is weird. Much of the media was slow to how bad Collins was and they are continuing to be slow to the fact that he is gone.
I'll submit that we may have a better semblance of knowing what to do on offense in the post Patenaude/Chip Long era.

I'll submit that we may have a better semblance of knowing what to do on offense in the post Patenaude/Chip Long era.

It is weird. Much of the media was slow to how bad Collins was and they are continuing to be slow to the fact that he is gone.

Sorry for double post. Format screwed up in previous.

Yeah. He wasn't thrilled yesterday on page 9 of this thread, either.

Which is why this take today from 247 is garbage.

Casey Thompson to Jeff Sims as Nebraska‘s new starting QB. Verdict: Nebraska got better
Jeff Sims to Haynes King as GT’s new starting QB. Verdict: Georgia Tech got worse

Sims flashed talent, but was incredibly inconsistent. But to say either program is in better shape now vs this time last year is a reach.

Because so many bought into the hype and did not want to admit they were wrong.

Yea, even last year you would see articles about us running the triple option.

I think King is going to be our savior

If it's a true RPO, and the QB will be called upon to run the ball a significant amount, then I can understand how King got the nod.
A true RPO has nothing to do with the QB running the ball. It’s a handoff or a quick throw.

Back