Haynes King starting vs Louisville

There were times last year when I saw Pyron more or less WILL something good to happen, unlike anyone I have seen since Nesbitt. I hope King has that mentality too, because it will almost definitely be needed at some point (or ponts) during the season.
Couldn't agree more. I'm a big Pyron guy. And it's not just his intangibles - he clearly had D1 arm strength (as a freshman!!) when he stepped onto the field at the Doak.

Thought this was an interesting quote from Key that I hadn't seen mentioned yet:

"Haynes King is the starter. Make no bones about it. That is why we made the decision. I'm not putting him on a short leash. I don't want the starting quarterback to go out there and feel like if he makes one mistake he is going to get yanked. That is not the world we are living in," Key said.

I’m not understanding people talking about King having problems, hell as bad as I am I would wait till we have to punt twice. ( unless the first one is blocked)
Because our fans are little bitches who love to set up the "I told you so" by posting ööööing bullshit now. It has been happening since I joined this board in 2003. Assholes. If King balls TF out, they just enjoy the wins. If he has ANY struggles, they want to be able to come back and say "durr.....I told y'all, slow delivery. I am footbawls expert".

It is crap and some of you morons just need to STFU with your "expert" analysis of King's delivery.

Now get to supporting our QB and stop being such negative assholes. You don't know a damn thing about QB mechanics like you THINK you do. Chris Weinke does. Now öööö off.

Thought this was an interesting quote from Key that I hadn't seen mentioned yet:

"Haynes King is the starter. Make no bones about it. That is why we made the decision. I'm not putting him on a short leash. I don't want the starting quarterback to go out there and feel like if he makes one mistake he is going to get yanked. That is not the world we are living in," Key said.
Glad he’s committed. O’Leary rode Joe Ham, Gailey rode Reggie, etc. He’s the HC, he picked his guy and I doubt he made that decision lightly.

I also like the post above he’s getting a lot of help from Weinke. This kid can make a 3 or more game difference in our win totals. We need him to shine 9/1.

9 days until toe meets leather.

Because our fans are little bitches who love to set up the "I told you so" by posting ööööing bullshit now. It has been happening since I joined this board in 2003. Assholes. If King balls TF out, they just enjoy the wins. If he has ANY struggles, they want to be able to come back and say "durr.....I told y'all, slow delivery. I am footbawls expert".

It is crap and some of you morons just need to STFU with your "expert" analysis of King's delivery.

Now get to supporting our QB and stop being such negative assholes. You don't know a damn thing about QB mechanics like you THINK you do. Chris Weinke does. Now öööö off.
This thread is a beauty.

Fans “King won out. I hope the worked on his delivery.”
Fans “Shut up. You don’t know öööö about football.”
QB coach “We worked on his delivery.”
Fans “People talking about his delivery are assholes.”

Glad he’s committed. O’Leary rode Joe Ham, Gailey rode Reggie, etc. He’s the HC, he picked his guy and I doubt he made that decision lightly.

I also like the post above he’s getting a lot of help from Weinke. This kid can make a 3 or more game difference in our win totals. We need him to shine 9/1.

9 days until toe meets leather.

King was ranked higher as a dual threat qb and as an overall player than Sims. Let that sink in. We have a player with more talent and better coaching than we have had since JT5 at a minimum.

This is comedy gold from you of all people. So sort of like how you think NCSU with 1 10+ win season in their history is anywhere close to Clemson’s level amirite?

This thread is a beauty.

Fans “King won out. I hope the worked on his delivery.”
Fans “Shut up. You don’t know öööö about football.”
QB coach “We worked on his delivery.”
Fans “People talking about his delivery are assholes.”
Wrong, asshole. King worked on ALL aspects of his game to get better. It is what Weinke is there for. It is why QB's practice. All QB's work on getting better. Coming on here and saying you somehow saw flaws in his delivery that he needs to work on is just bullshit. You don't know jack squat about QB mechanics. You're just being an idiot.

King was ranked higher as a dual threat qb and as an overall player than Sims. Let that sink in. We have a player with more talent and better coaching than we have had since JT5 at a minimum.
Which is why this take today from 247 is garbage.

Casey Thompson to Jeff Sims as Nebraska‘s new starting QB. Verdict: Nebraska got better
Jeff Sims to Haynes King as GT’s new starting QB. Verdict: Georgia Tech got worse

Sims flashed talent, but was incredibly inconsistent. But to say either program is in better shape now vs this time last year is a reach.

This is comedy gold from you of all people. So sort of like how you think NCSU with 1 10+ win season in their history is anywhere close to Clemson’s level amirite?
How is Clemson's all time record against us? Now how is UGAg's? Clemson is closer to being an NC State than they are to being UGAg.

How is Clemson's all time record against us? Now how is UGAg's? Clemson is closer to being an NC State than they are to being UGAg.
Again you continue to move the goalposts. Clemson is and until proven otherwise an annual CFP caliber program just like tOSU, Alabama, Michigan, UGA, LSU. Based on your ridiculous logic missing the CFP 2 years in a row makes them closer to NCSU’s level rather than UGA’s. So I guess if Alabama misses the CFP for a 2nd year in a row they will be closer to Ole Miss’s level rather than UGA’s?

GT did own Clemson for the vast majority of the history of the rivalry. That said unfortunately since the 2009 ACC Championship team GT is 2-11 with a majority of losses being lopsided. There is a wide gap to close to regain control of the rivalry. And why is that again? Because Clemson is a Top 6-8 program in CFB currently. They own everyone in the ACC.

Again you continue to move the goalposts. Clemson is and until proven otherwise an annual CFP caliber program just like tOSU, Alabama, Michigan, UGA, LSU. Based on your ridiculous logic missing the CFP 2 years in a row makes them closer to NCSU’s level rather than UGA’s. So I guess if Alabama misses the CFP for a 2nd year in a row they will be closer to Ole Miss’s level rather than UGA’s?

GT did own Clemson for the vast majority of the history of the rivalry. That said unfortunately since the 2009 ACC Championship team GT is 2-11 with a majority of losses being lopsided. There is a long wide gap too close to regain control of the rivalry. And why is that again? Because Clemson is a Top 6-8 program in CFB currently. They own everyone in the ACC.
In spite of what you say, which is obviously true, Tech still leads the series 50-35-2 against Clemson. Obviously, with the passage of time, this is a moot point now. But Tech led the series against the mutts up until the late 60s, although it had been pretty much a back-and-forth thing. But when we left the SEC, we had more NC's, more bowl games, and more SEC champtionships than the mutts did. We will never regain the lead in the series, but the others are not outside our reach IF we went back to the SEC anytime soon, which is obviously unlikely. And it not unreasonable for us to maintain a lead in the Clemson series, although we better start beating them again soon.

In spite of what you say, which is obviously true, Tech still leads the series 50-35-2 against Clemson. Obviously, with the passage of time, this is a moot point now. But Tech led the series against the mutts up until the late 60s, although it had been pretty much a back-and-forth thing. But when we left the SEC, we had more NC's, more bowl games, and more SEC champtionships than the mutts did. We will never regain the lead in the series, but the others are not outside our reach IF we went back to the SEC anytime soon, which is obviously unlikely. And it not unreasonable for us to maintain a lead in the Clemson series, although we better start beating them again soon.
Agreed. My point is people who try and compare records against any of the consistent Top 10 over the last 10-15 years are going to be in for a rude awakening. Clemson like Alabama vs the SEC hasn’t lost many games to anyone in the ACC. Unfortunately that team in Athens has now elevated themselves to Alabama’s level annually. My only hope is tOSU or Michigan can end the streak this year. tOSU had the NC in the bag last year until the targeting flag in the EZ was picked up when they had a chance to put the game out of reach.

You're getting a little ahead of yourself there hoss. I don't recall anybody saying that he sucks, shouldn't be starting, is a trash player, etc., because of his throwing motion. I think most (I am at least) are excited and happy that we have 2 capable qbs on our roster. Saying that he has an awkward delivery isn't saying anything negative. It's just pointing out a fact. Nobody said it will keep him from being great or winning games. There have been successful qbs that have odd throwing motions. It's nothing more than that. You, on the other hand, are the only one so far in here going off the rails, calling everybody liars and saying it's bullshit, made-up, etc., when it's a trait of his that has been talked about ever since he started at A&M. Calm down bro.

Wrong, asshole. King worked on ALL aspects of his game to get better. It is what Weinke is there for. It is why QB's practice. All QB's work on getting better. Coming on here and saying you somehow saw flaws in his delivery that he needs to work on is just bullshit. You don't know jack squat about QB mechanics. You're just being an idiot.

I didn’t say I saw anything. I said it was the ding that ATM fans had on him. Weinke mentioned that they worked on it. There was probably something there. Be glad our staff worked on it. I mean, it’s not like they mentioned every part of his game.

You are just being very sensitive. You’ll enjoy the board a lot more if you take it down a notch.

Which is why this take today from 247 is garbage.

Casey Thompson to Jeff Sims as Nebraska‘s new starting QB. Verdict: Nebraska got better
Jeff Sims to Haynes King as GT’s new starting QB. Verdict: Georgia Tech got worse

Sims flashed talent, but was incredibly inconsistent. But to say either program is in better shape now vs this time last year is a reach.

Clint Brewster clearly didn’t watch Sims play at GT and then quit on the team.

Back