Haynes King starting vs Louisville

Going to trust the coaches and I hope that he has improved. I don't see a lot in these stats though that give me confidence.

I keep hearing about him being more mobile than Pyron but there isn't much here to show that.

Where as Pyron showed us he has a short, quick windup.....and makes correct decisions.
I hope King's windup issue is fixed.....and I hope he can see the field and make the correct decisions.
I was somewhat stunned to see several posters on FB criticizing King for his "mechancis, and two of them actually said that King was the worst QB they had ever seen in a game

I’m not understanding people talking about King having problems, hell as bad as I am I would wait till we have to punt twice. ( unless the first one is blocked)

Going to trust the coaches and I hope that he has improved. I don't see a lot in these stats though that give me confidence.

I keep hearing about him being more mobile than Pyron but there isn't much here to show that.
Supposedly has 4.5 speed

Before you base something solely on stats, look at how bad TAMU was on OL last year. Wegman who replaced an injured King had 191 yards passing against UMASS. A game in which TAMU was winning 13-3 until mid 4th quarter. Final 20-3 against 1-9 UMASS who finished 1-11. Add in 121 yards against a BAD Auburn team who beat TAMU 13-10. A game that felt like 0-0 Wake-VT.

As long as the decision is based off performance or some other metric defined by what the player puts on the field, I’m fine with it. If it was based on recruiting promises, I’m not.
we like to call these the "intangibles" in coach speak.

I forgot King is a lefty. Gonna be weird seeing play action to that side of the field. Maybe having a lefty at QB puts greater stress on the secondary?

Either way.. SEASON IS ALMOST UPON US BABY
Gonna be weird to see a GT QB play action without getting sacked before he looks down field.

But he's NOT a lefty.

1692820651416.png

Having two decent options at QB is a good problem to have. It's great to know Pyron is there to step in if King gets injured or makes poor decisions.
And to push King to continue to develop through the season, to be his second pair of eyes on the sideline. And for Pyron to continue to mature and learn so that when he takes the reigns he's at his best... lots of positives here if the staff is right tabbing King for the start.

And to push King to continue to develop through the season, to be his second pair of eyes on the sideline. And for Pyron to continue to mature and learn so that when he takes the reigns he's at his best... lots of positives here if the staff is right tabbing King for the start.
There were times last year when I saw Pyron more or less WILL something good to happen, unlike anyone I have seen since Nesbitt. I hope King has that mentality too, because it will almost definitely be needed at some point (or ponts) during the season.

Back