Haynes King starting vs Louisville

King represents an absolute perfect opportunity for us. If our staff can turn him into a top shelf QB, it will blunt some of the NIL deficit we are facing. ATM is the poster child of NIL spending.

Why come to Tech and leave a half mil on the table? Because we couched up a backup into a day one draft pick. We can get you into the show and get you a top shelf NFL contract with guaranteed money. That’s something you can sell. Plus, the guys that can forego immediate gratification are going to be better players anyway.

So he’s a lefty but throws with right? Somebody should probably correct that. Are they even aware?? I guess we’re gonna have to trust the coaches.
no ive been evaluating QB's for longer than you've been alive son.. i know more than our coaches i can tell you we need to switch him to lefty ASAP before his right handed mechanics are ingrained in him forever

I don’t know where you guys are getting all of this southpaw nonsense.

King is:
a dynamic runner
accurate passer
team leader
student of the game
highly coachable
and a lefty

Every thing else is just ignorance.

I don’t know where you guys are getting all of this southpaw nonsense.

King is:
a dynamic runner
accurate passer
team leader
student of the game
highly coachable
and a lefty

Every thing else is just ignorance.
Comes from a good family

King represents an absolute perfect opportunity for us. If our staff can turn him into a top shelf QB, it will blunt some of the NIL deficit we are facing. ATM is the poster child of NIL spending.

Why come to Tech and leave a half mil on the table? Because we couched up a backup into a day one draft pick. We can get you into the show and get you a top shelf NFL contract with guaranteed money. That’s something you can sell. Plus, the guys that can forego immediate gratification are going to be better players anyway.
Another great point.

I'll add another- the kid acknowledges he needs work on mechanics and he and Weinke are going after it. By all accounts he has the physical tools, if he develops and improves he will have set himself up very well. This kid made a smart move and didn't let competition scare him off.

Hopefully we have Pyron doing anything and everything he can to be ready when it's his chance to take the job back when King leaves.

Back