Here’s the Thing

You make some valid points. But at the same time there absolutely are some kids that are outstanding athletes and at the same time value a top flight education. My point in all this is to disagree with some of the posters who believe that Johnson and his system are the pinnacle of what Tech can hope for.
I notice you're from Tallahassee. Are you Jimbo? No, you can't get a job here. You wouldn't do better than PJ.

I notice you're from Tallahassee. Are you Jimbo? No, you can't get a job here. You wouldn't do better than PJ.
A lot of FSU fans are hoping someone takes Fisher and his 38.5M buyout away from them. Talk about struggling right now!

You make some valid points. But at the same time there absolutely are some kids that are outstanding athletes and at the same time value a top flight education. My point in all this is to disagree with some of the posters who believe that Johnson and his system are the pinnacle of what Tech can hope for.
And everyone else's point is that the kid you just described is very rare. He exists, but in a MUCH smaller pool than most schools recruit from. You also have to consider the fact that these kids can go somewhere like UGA or Clemson and get a great education if they choose. For most D1 recruits, that is a great degree.

I don't believe that 2008-2017 is the "pinnacle of what we can hope for" but I do believe the odds of us doing better with a new coach are much, much lower than the odds of us doing worse.

Not everyone who is smart wants to be an engineer. Last time I checked we had just over 30 degrees, UGA had over 120. Guess who make up the Board of Regents and the Georgia state legislature? It’s overwhelmingly UGA grads. We can’t expand our degree offerings, but UGA adds engineering programs. The system is rigged against us.

Edit: Quick check, looks like Tech has 44 majors to UGA’s 221.
http://www.gatech.edu/academics/bachelors-degree-programs
http://majors.admissions.uga.edu/

Last edited:
Back