Here Is The Real Truth

ahsoisee

Dodd-Like
Here is the real truth about the percentage of negative feedback from Tech fans regarding last year's season ending losses.

Dave Braine did a radio interview on 790 in mid-January...Chris/Nick asked him if he'd received many letters/calls/e-mails about how the football season ended...Dave said "yes, quite a few"...then Nick/Chris asked what percentage were negative, and Dave responded "35% or so."

The truth is the GTAA received no more than 200 letters/calls/Emails. Instead of 35% of the contacts received being negative, actually 50% of them were negative.

Some of the same people sent several negative letters/calls/Emails, but there were no more than the maximum of 200 people contacting the GTAA including those that were positive.

In reality if we apply 100 negative contacts out of 20,000 season ticket holders, that represents 0.5% of all season ticket holders that contacted the GTAA negatively.

If you guess we have 60,000 Tech fans, that represents 0.17% of the 60,000 Tech fans that contacted the GTAA negatively.

Now, for all the Tech grads, 0.17% and 0.5% is less than half of one percent. That means the amount of Tech fans contacting the GTAA negatively was extremely negligible.

So when you hear MsTA state that 35% to 50% of Tech fans were complaining to the GTAA about Gailey and Braine, remember, it was really only 35% to 50% of 200 letters/calls/Emails were negative.

As Paul Harvey would say, "now, you know the rest of the story.

Father Time

that is the magic of numbers, throw a % sign here and there and you can make anything look how you want it to look

How many were pissed but didnt write as our usual Tech Grad's response is? I would have to say the good news about StingTalk is it is way more upbeat than what I am hearing out there (even with all the griping and name calling lately.)
confused.gif

Originally posted by The Gnome of Zurich:
How many were pissed but didnt write as our usual Tech Grad's response is? I would have to say the good news about StingTalk is it is way more upbeat than what I am hearing out there (even with all the griping and name calling lately.)
confused.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I think StingTalk is way less upbeat than what I'm hearing. Not even close.

TechFan101, we can make it real simple for all. A maximum of 200 letters/Calls/Emails were received regarding the year end results and only half were negative. That means only 100 negative letters/calls/Emails were received.

Father Time

Originally posted by GTTerrific:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by The Gnome of Zurich:
confused.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I think StingTalk is way less upbeat than what I'm hearing. Not even close.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Really? That is interesting because most I talk to expect no more than 4 wins.

The Gnome of Zurich: It really has nothing to do with a guess of how many were upset. Anyone can come on here and throw any figure around as their guess as to how many were upset.

The truth is only 100 complained. It was reported by MsTA that upwards of 50% of the Tech fans complained. That is completely false.

Father Time

The Gnome of Zurich, yes, I can understand that. It must have something to do with the crowd you talk with.

Father Time

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
The Gnome of Zurich, yes, I can understand that. It must have something to do with the crowd you talk with.

Father Time
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">And whom would that be? Of course, after everything that has happened I commend those that are very optimisitc. I just hope they are even keel with their optimism as I am with my doubts about a 7-win season like the optimists are thinking. Although I have stated in prvious threads, we do have the talent still to win 6-7 games this year.

Gnome, yes, we still have the talent. As the season progresses, if we keep losing players to injuries, I am not sure we will have the depth.

Father Time

Here is the real truth about the percentage of negative feedback from Tech fans regarding last year's season ending losses.

Dave Braine did a radio interview on 790 in mid-January...Chris/Nick asked him if he'd received many letters/calls/e-mails about how the football season ended...Dave said "yes, quite a few"...then Nick/Chris asked what percentage were negative, and Dave responded "35% or so."

The truth is the GTAA received no more than 200 letters/calls/Emails. Instead of 35% of the contacts received being negative, actually 50% of them were negative.

Some of the same people sent several negative letters/calls/Emails, but there were no more than the maximum of 200 people contacting the GTAA including those that were positive.

In reality if we apply 100 negative contacts out of 20,000 season ticket holders, that represents 0.5% of all season ticket holders that contacted the GTAA negatively.

If you guess we have 60,000 Tech fans, that represents 0.17% of the 60,000 Tech fans that contacted the GTAA negatively.

Now, for all the Tech grads, 0.17% and 0.5% is less than half of one percent. That means the amount of Tech fans contacting the GTAA negatively was extremely negligible.

So when you hear MsTA state that 35% to 50% of Tech fans were complaining to the GTAA about Gailey and Braine, remember, it was really only 35% to 50% of 200 letters/calls/Emails were negative.

Father Time
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Ahso.. where did you get your facts on what braine's "exact words" were?... Did you hear the interview?

Ahso, I think I know what you are doing, but you never know.

Who cares if you can prove Ms. ET wrong. She does it herself in her own posts.
So he received 200 messages.(Is that actually true?) I did not send one, and I should have. How many others were the same.

Are you saying that you can only count the number of unhappy fans by the number of messages sent? I hope not.

Man, see the forest thru the trees, for heaven's sake.

I give CG the chance to redeem himself. I DO not accept your book logic that Gailey's first year was as successful as O'Learys last.

I don't think you do either.

Father Time
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I like your analysis, but you have a major flaw in it.

There aren't 20,000 season ticket holders. There are FAR less than that. We sold 20,000 season tickets. That does not equate to 20,000 season ticket holders. In fact I do believe there are only about 5,000 AT Fund members. Sure there are a handful of season ticket holders who are not AT members (and we sure need them), but the vast majority of the season ticket holders are those 5,000.

I am one person, and I hold 4 of those 20,000 seats. There are big contributors that hold 8 - 16 seats, but still all those seats are represented by one person.

The fact is, a significant number of people contact the GTAA with displeasure. Whether it was 10, 100, 0r 200 actuall "persons", they represented a HUGE amount of season tickets and GTAA revenues.

Having said that, Braine was an idiot for sending that letter out in the first place.

I like your argument, but your numbers are completely wrong.

Beeserk the point is all the numbers people throw around are wrong. Some are more wrong than others but nobody really knows what the right ones are. I agree Braine should never have sent the letter out, that many Tech fans are/were upset and that we need to get things in order quickly. The argument over the details is nitpicking IMO.

Father Time
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Ahso, my only problem with this is that you are basing your figures on what Braine said. How accurate is that really? Who knows...

Stats are for losers.

BeeSerk, the numbers of season ticket holders are of little significance. However, for your information, these numbers were taken from one of MsTA's posts.

The quantity of Tech fans is also arbitrary. We could have more than 60,000 fans for all I know. It is also of little significance.

Your statement that we might have 20,000 season tickets, but only 5,000 fans holding those block of tickets means little. It would still be 20,000 fans sitting in the 20,000 seats.

It makes little difference, there were still only 100 negative letters/calls/Emails received by the GTAA. You can address your issue about the quantity of 20,000 season ticket holders to MsTA, since that is where the figure was derived.

It is not an issue with me.

BeeBad, the excerpts you saw in the post came from the interview.

LLCoolJacket, yes the 200 figure is true, or I would not have posted such.

I did not send one either, does it make a difference. We can sit here all day and guess how many should have been sent. You can only measure the facts you have.

You think you know what I am trying to do. It is common knowledge. I try to show the truth in the midst of false posting and accusations, nothing more nothing less.

No one said you can count the number of unhappy fans by the amount of letters received. The false report on Stingtalk stated 35% to 50% of the Tech fans complained to the GTAA, and it is not so. That is a false statement and my post is the truth and a rebuttal to the false statement, nothing more, nothing less.

I have stated fact and it cannot be denied. Gailey's first 13 games has the same won-lost record as O'Leary's last 13 games.

Not only that, but O'Leary had a top ten nationally rated team, and Gailey was expected to come in around 6th in the league last year. The expectations were higher in O'Leary's last 13 games than Gailey's first 13 games.

You brought up the subject here, I am just responding.

I always make it a point to stand outside of the Forest and look at it, rather than look at it from the middle of the forest. That is my forte. I do not get involved in it emotionally. I get involved from an analytical basis and one of searching for the truth.

Since I am not a supporter of Gailey nor O'Leary, I can look at things objectively. I support whichever coach is at Tech at the time. I am more a supporter of Tech sports rather than the coach himself.

The only time I have ever let myself become emotionally involved with a coach is Bobby Dodd. I admit, I thought he was a great coach, and a very good person.

Father Time

BOR, the stats are correct, there were no more than the 100 fans who complained to the GTAA.

Father Time

BOR, the stats are correct, there were no more than the 100 fans who complained to the GTAA.

Father Time
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">How do you know this? What is your source? I ask this with all sincerity. It is interesting information.

Also, I disagree strongly with your opinion that it doesn't matter if it is 5,000 or 20,000 holders because there will still be fans in the seats. Fans who do not pay for their tickets, or who do not wield any financial power against GTAA are the ones who are not significant in this particular matter because of how Braine operates. 3 other people sit in my seats, but in reality they have no financial impact on the GTAA only I do.

My point was that Braine felt the pressure from a significant amount of season ticket holders because of the potential financial loss they represented. That is as close to a fact as you can get without Briane admitting it. If it was insignificant, he wouldn't have sent the letter out. It is all part of Braine's MO.

I am not trying to get caught up in your argument with Ms TA. I just don't want you to dismiss the "100" season ticket holders as insignificant regardles of how you cook the numbers. It was very significant, and Braine knew it.

I can not reveal my source, however, it is very reliable. Yes, it is very interesting.

BeeSerk, I am not cooking any numbers. There were only 100 letters/calls/Emails complaints to GTAA. I am not sure how that equates to cooking numbers.

It is definitely much less than 35% to 50% of Tech fans or season ticket holders. If you have another way of presenting it, be my guest!

Father Time

I can not reveal my source, however, it is very reliable. Yes, it is very interesting.

BeeSerk, I am not cooking any numbers. There were only 100 letters/calls/Emails complaints to GTAA. I am not sure how that equates to cooking numbers.

It is definitely much less than 35% to 50% of Tech fans or season ticket holders. If you have another way of presenting it, be my guest!

Father Time
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Ahso, I'm not saying your source is wrong, BUT if your source is straight from the GTAA, then again, How accurate is that information? They would have good reason to skew the actual events. I've heard some very favorable spins from the GTAA in the past. But it's good info nonetheless.

Back