Here we go again. Conference expansion

Seriously? You want to continue slurping an organization that took away an ACC Championship that was actually played and won by GT due to clothes, yet allow UGA to buy players and admit players who can’t read and yet haven‘t been touched by the NCAA? Come on now. The gap between the haves and have nots was created by the NCAA yet you honestly think they are the solution? They are the definition of cronyism, good ole boy network, and back door deals. Let the conferences determine their own rules. I can live with that. If the SEC wants to bring in players who can’t read or are getting huge paychecks then fine. It’s been happening for decades anyway. At least now everything will be out in the open.
What we have here is failure to communicate. My point, simply, is that college football without the NCAA is literally a town in the old West with no Sheriff. As pitiful as the NCAA is, we at least have a puncher's chance against the Clemson's and Alabama's of the world. Take the NCAA out of the equation and college football turns into the NFL with no salary cap.

NIL, we can compete with.

The SEC effectively relegating everyone else to D1A will be far more difficult. Hopefully there is a plan. But our conference’s history says even if there is one, it won’t be a great one.

A&M is throwing a bitch fit over something that’s more or less a heavy rumor right now. The amount of hate between them and the Horns is hilarious though.
Coming back to this: usually the athletic directors stay out of the rivalry fray and do not discuss rivals with a hint of hate or disgust. Even former ADs seem to stay out of it.

Not A&M. That guy said everything short of “öööö tu and their mothers.”

What we have here is failure to communicate. My point, simply, is that college football without the NCAA is literally a town in the old West with no Sheriff. As pitiful as the NCAA is, we at least have a puncher's chance against the Clemson's and Alabama's of the world. Take the NCAA out of the equation and college football turns into the NFL with no salary cap.
I hear you but if it takes the Wild West to rid the world of the NCAA then I’m all for it. The NCAA is the reason we are where we are. If they had actually done their enforcement job we would have a lot more parity and credibility. Instead we have entire systems (think UNC) that have been created to gain advantages. The NCAA has created a world where the honest schools who are bad at cheating get busted. I agree they started out with a noble cause like your Wild West Sheriff, but now the Sheriff is 300 lbs, raping your women, and charges a toll at the watering hole. I’ll take blatant cheating any day over subversive cheating.

If picking up new lucrative markets is the motivation, the ACC should go for one of the remaining Texas schools along with Notre Fame or Cincinnati. Given the ACC track record I am not hopeful. How is the ACC Network still unavailable on Xfinity?

If picking up new lucrative markets is the motivation, the ACC should go for one of the remaining Texas schools along with Notre Fame or Cincinnati. Given the ACC track record I am not hopeful. How is the ACC Network still unavailable on Xfinity?
ND is fine. Adding schools because of lucrative markets is part of what makes a lot of ACC football games about as exciting as watching paint try. IDGAF about watching Pitt, Syracuse, BC, or Louisville. I’m against adding any more crap like Cincinnati or similar.

ND is fine. Adding schools because of lucrative markets is part of what makes a lot of ACC football games about as exciting as watching paint try. IDGAF about watching Pitt, Syracuse, BC, or Louisville. I’m against adding any more crap like Cincinnati or similar.
Absolutely. We need to realize this.

Id be just as excited seeing Tech play Cincy as I would actually seeing Tech play Cincy. Sounds like some pinstripe bowl ööööty match up or whatever non-factor bowl. Yeah I'd want them to win that game, but having to watch it regularly would be depressing.

Back