Here we go again. Conference expansion

[QUOTE="savbandjacket, post: 2793703, member: 1595" Adding schools because of lucrative markets is part of what makes a lot of ACC football games about as exciting as watching paint try. IDGAF about watching Pitt, Syracuse, BC, or Louisville. I’m against adding any more crap like Cincinnati or similar.
[/QUOTE]
I agree on Cincinnati. I was just pointing out the potential large market schools that might be available. I would rather go for a Texas school instead of another northern school.

I agree on Cincinnati. I was just pointing out the potential large market schools that might be available. I would rather go for a Texas school instead of another northern school.

Maybe A&M becomes available if this UT & OU thing happens.....but the ACC we all know would pick up Texas Tech instead.

Last edited:
Just another elaborate plan to keep the mutts from playing Bama regular season IMO. I guarantee you if this happens they somehow won’t meet for 5+ years

If SEC takes Texas and OK, then it is Notre Dame or bust for the ACC. Sad thing is ACC will end up with Cincinnati and UCF.

ACC will pass on UCF because Miami has apparently delivered the state of Florida. Cincinnati and either Texas Tech or Baylor. Maybe they will squeeze in Tulane to deliver the New Orleans market.

On a more serious note, ND will probably determine who the ACC picks up if they make a deal to come to the ACC. I would guess they would want something closer to home for them like Cincinnati or WVU; but I could also see them going for one of their historic opponents like Navy (who else does ND routinely play that isn't already in a P5 conference?).

ACC will pass on UCF because Miami has apparently delivered the state of Florida. Cincinnati and either Texas Tech or Baylor. Maybe they will squeeze in Tulane to deliver the New Orleans market.

On a more serious note, ND will probably determine who the ACC picks up if they make a deal to come to the ACC. I would guess they would want something closer to home for them like Cincinnati or WVU; but I could also see them going for one of their historic opponents like Navy (who else does ND routinely play that isn't already in a P5 conference?).
:puke:
there was talk a few weeks ago about Penn State flirting with ACC.Probably a pipe dream, but ND and PSU would be a welcome change.

And now Tulane, Metro baby!

This doesn't specifically apply to this thread, but after watching this video, more than ever, I wish Tech had never left the SEC. If you have 41 minutes to spare and have not seen it before, check out this video of Tech's 1952 NC Season. Boy, I miss those old SEC rivalries.

BTW, if anyone knows a better thread to put this link in, please do so.

Just watched the video. Excellent. I loved the old school newsreel game caps. I also chuckled at how my alma mater gets ripped throughout. Gotta love in-state rivalries.

If we aren’t adding big draws for football, I’d rather not add anything. I don’t want to be in a conference with Cincinnati, Tulane, etc. If that’s what we are looking at, I’d rather the ACC fail altogether.

We do not want the ACC to fail or we could fall back into something akin to the Metro conference if we’re not careful.

We aren’t going into the SEC. And the Big10 isn’t adding us.

Luckily, the southern half of the ACC is in the same boat. Add that no one wants ncst or VT, so the bones of a good football conference is there if the ACC imploded.

We do not want the ACC to fail or we could fall back into something akin to the Metro conference if we’re not careful.

We aren’t going into the SEC. And the Big10 isn’t adding us.

Luckily, the southern half of the ACC is in the same boat. Add that no one wants ncst or VT, so the bones of a good football conference is there if the ACC imploded.
If the acc scrambles and adds crap like Tulane and Cincinnati, may as well be metro conference. Because there will be some of our bigger names getting plucked and leaving us behind. Rather than make a öööö conference ourselves, I’d rather it all blow up and see what happens. I don’t particularly care for the acc in its current form. I’d detest a further diluted acc.

If the acc scrambles and adds crap like Tulane and Cincinnati, may as well be metro conference. Because there will be some of our bigger names getting plucked and leaving us behind. Rather than make a öööö conference ourselves, I’d rather it all blow up and see what happens. I don’t particularly care for the acc in its current form. I’d detest a further diluted acc.
This 100%. Add penn and Notre dame or bust.

ND and Penn State would be an amazing response. That should obviously be first choice.

I’m ok with Tulane for the New Orleans road trips and pushing the TV market to Lousiana and maybe Houston.

UCF should be used as an emergency option only. They don’t bring much prestige or tv money but would have decent road trips.

Cincinatti and West Virginia are terrible options.

Back