Hey! We Got A Player Drafted

Techbert

Dodd-Like
Tyler Davis got Tyler Davis drafted, but he’ll forever be a Georgia Tech draftee...that’s just how it works.
While true, I believe a year in our culture (Winter Is Coming, be the best at everything you do, etc) helped him out considerably. He was not on a track to get drafted before he came here. Davis received value from the staff and coaches in his year here.

Some people still think CGC does nothing but sell B/S. This is once again shown to be incorrect.

GTFowler

Jolly Good Fellow
While true, I believe a year in our culture (Winter Is Coming, be the best at everything you do, etc) helped him out considerably. He was not on a track to get drafted before he came here. Davis received value from the staff and coaches in his year here.

Some people still think CGC does nothing but sell B/S. This is once again shown to be incorrect.
Lewis Carralla is Collins best hire

GTCrew4b

NIL Supporter Strictly On Capitalist Grounds

This is a great point. The biggest flaw of CPJ’s in my mind was failing to recognize star athletes want to come to a place where they feel “allowed” to aspire to the NFL. This culture change will reap many rewards. It is possible to create a culture that is able to win without that environment but unlikely to have sustained success because it’s very dependent on leadership from within the locker room.

JoeCakeEater

Dodd-Like
He spoke truth in his tweet. CPJ was an excellent game day coach and mastered a scheme that was difficult to defend. He was a terrible recruiter and his players did not develop the skills needed to play NFL football. That includes defensive players who did not practice against schemes (scout team caliber players recruited for the 3-O running a passing offense in practice are insufficient) that prepared them for the next level. These are all facts that are supported by evidence. I’m thankful our program has been given a breath of fresh air from Coach Collins. Now he just needs the on-field results to match the recruiting and energy. That said, I will always look back on the high points of CPJ’s coaching tenure fondly.

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
He spoke truth in his tweet. CPJ was an excellent game day coach and mastered a scheme that was difficult to defend. He was a terrible recruiter and his players did not develop the skills needed to play NFL football. That includes defensive players who did not practice against schemes (scout team caliber players recruited for the 3-O running a passing offense in practice are insufficient) that prepared them for the next level. These are all facts that are supported by evidence. I’m thankful our program has been given a breath of fresh air from Coach Collins. Now he just needs the on-field results to match the recruiting and energy. That said, I will always look back on the high points of CPJ’s coaching tenure fondly.
We all pretty much knew all of that going in. It wasn’t a mystery to anyone that we decided back then we couldn’t compete on an athlete basis and went to a scheme basis. Recruits knew it too and went elsewhere. We probably swung too hard to scheme with the CPJ hire.

WracerX

Dr. Dunkingstein
a GT TE drafted!!

if you look irony in the dictionary, it has a picture of tyler davis wearing a jag cap and a GT shirt....
He is the highest drafted GT offensive player drafted since ....

the last guy drafted to play TE.

Irony, thy name is GT.

Flywheel

Wait, what year is it?
Should help a lot with recruiting the position going forward.

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?

Irony, thy name is GT.

Didja see this?

Numbers don’t mean öööö. It is all about measurables. Same thing I was saying when I said that Waller would be an NFL stud and folks thought I was crazy.

vapspwi

Dodd-Like

I think you’re forgetting about some wide receiver that went pretty high in the draft.

JRjr

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
Nope. But it is still ironic that the last 2 offensive players have been selected to play TE in the nfl.
Jon Dwyer. Tashard Choice. Anthony Allen. Shaq Mason. Darren Waller. We’ve had a few offensive guys drafted since that tight end in 1992.

JRjr

RoanokeJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
And don't forget we supplied one of Bama's championship teams with a tight end

We obviously are overflowing with them.