Hire Brent Key

I'm not saying there's been zero improvement under long, but we're 111th in passing yards, 77th in rushing yards, and tied for 122nd in points for. We've broken 30 points once this entire season, and that was against W. Carolina, where we scored 35. The team is at 31% third down percentage, and 28:35 TOP on average.

The offense is doing no favors for the defense at all.

Not sure what happened to him after his OC stint with ND, but since then his resume isn't exactly a ringing endorsement of why he should be OC next year

CPJ had wins over Duke, @Pitt, and @ND in 2007; @Stanford @UConn and @Duke in 2006; Duke, Tulane and Colorado State in 2005. That is a good list of P5 and FBS school wins with an academy roster.

CJC had wins over GaSouthern, @GSU, Appalacian State in 2022; Kansas, Troy, Appalacian State, NIU in 2021; @Kansas, BYU, GSU, @GSU, in COVID year 2020. The one signature win was over BYU in the COVID year.

Winning percentage is a poor stat to look at since CPJ was losing to Rutgers, Wake Forest and Utah; while CJC was losing to Old Dominion (49-21 :coolugh:).

One thing I've noticed is that while CJC has an exciting offense, it looks like his defense blows chunks like CPJ's did, even in his wins this season the losing teams seem to be putting up a lot of points. I am kinda hoping if we hire Chadwell we keep our DC.
LETS Welcome CJC to the FLATS ASAP! Come on JBATT, make it so!

This can't be overstated. We went from looking like a schoolyard defense to holding one of the top offenses in the nation to 17 points.

I would love get a candid answer from Thacker on just wtf was going on and what's changed.
The most elite former DC is the last 40 years left the room.

The most elite former DC is the last 40 years left the room.
PS: So far this year, the defenses we've played against have been ranked as follows:
#11 FSU - L
#16 Pitt - W
#18 Clempsen - L
#40 UCF - L
#45 UVA - L
#51 Miami - L
#60 VPI - W
#67 Dook - W
#75 Ole Miss - L
#122 UNC - W

Back