Holy öööö

It sounds like he doesn't want good students. Or maybe they need tougher grading.

Robbins told faculty members that the university is losing money on students who in high school had a GPA between a 3.75 and 4.0 because of the amount of merit money and financial aid they are awarded.

“If you look at the band from 3.75 GPA to 4.0, there are a lot of students here that pay nothing,” he said. “We lose money on every one.”

It sounds like he doesn't want good students. Or maybe they need tougher grading.
Or maybe, then need dumb students and exceptionally smart students, because those are easiest to monetize. Nothing in the middle. Just some exceptional nerds, and then a bunch of rich dumb hot blondes with big knockers.

IMG_6448.jpeg

I'm sure the state will bail them out but still that's crazy. This had to be over a period of time. Not just in one Academic Year. If so, the CFO needs to go.

How in earth am I in before anyone said diversity hire.

Not even a Terry School of Business reference or nuthin!

am disappoint

I am helping people get their GED's in my retirement (is fun if anybody is looking for something to do, everywhere has a literacy council or something similar).

I can whip up a little tutorial for their finance folks tailored to their needs.

Did you read the part about the school lending the athletic department $55 million? Why doesn't Ga Tech do that. You laugh, but I would be for it. The school has a nice endowment.

This sounds like a manufactured crisis. Do the math.

They "only" have ~$400M cash on hand instead of the expected $640M.

The article is woefully short on the total size of the budget, spend rate and what the cash miscalculation really does to the budget. Then, half the article focused on sports, which is only $100M per year and looks to be breakeven:

"The athletic department’s budget is roughly $100 million. About $40 million of that comes from the Pac-12, about $30 million comes from ticket sales, “primarily in football and basketball,” Robbins said, and the last $30 million comes from philanthropy and contracts."

Somebody has a hard-on against UA sports.

Back