How Does Utah Have A Better Team Than Tech …

GoldenIsle

Flats Noob
In other words where are they recruiting? I can’t believe HS football in Utah is that great. They must hit CA pretty hard but what is the selling point? Come play for the Mighty Utes.

In other words where are they recruiting? I can’t believe HS football in Utah is that great. They must hit CA pretty hard but what is the selling point? Come play for the Mighty Utes.
Great head football coach, great talent evaluation, and great atmosphere. The enthusiasm is palpable. It's FUN! And when you go there you become part of a family. Which appeals to a lot of these kids. They get a lot of transfers. And a lot of alums they have put in the NFL actively help them recruit.

I'm not saying a used car salesman coach can't win. Because Kiffin, Petrino, etc. But Whittingham is literally the exact opposite of CGC. FWIW.

Also, there are a TON of Samoan, Hawaiian and Tongan Mormon families in Utah and those kids are huge. So they get their linemen from Utah, and their playmakers from Cali and . . . Texas! Their starting RB is from Ohio and was overlooked by his dream school OSU and a bunch of others. He was literally homeless and living in a car when Utah found him. All he did was run for 20 TDs this year.

It’s called developing a program. To do that you need a coherent, executable strategy. First we tried to go extraordinarily cheap & nearly bled the program to death with austerity, recently we took all the $$ we could muster and rolled the dice on an excessively hype driven, inexperienced HC & staff. I don’t think we learned our lesson yet.

Are you high? They've had a better team than GT since 2008
maybe even 2005.

Whittingham's first season was an up and down ride for Utah as the team not only adjusted to a new coaching staff, including Andy Ludwig, but also a new offense led by quarterback Brian Johnson. Utah struggled early on, going 3–4 in their first 7 games, however, a strong finish gave Utah their third straight bowl invite.

In the 2005 Emerald Bowl the Utes faced the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets. Utah beat Georgia Tech 38–10, the Yellow Jackets' worst bowl loss by point margin in school history.

>> I had great seats near 50yd line only a few rows from the field, in the middle of the ute section. I had the pain of watching Reggie miss receivers by 20+ yds heaving it into the stands. Pregame party was at same bar with utes. actually a bunch of good folks who brought amazing fine looking women. It must be a fine school (they drink, its the other one who has mormons)

maybe even 2005.

Whittingham's first season was an up and down ride for Utah as the team not only adjusted to a new coaching staff, including Andy Ludwig, but also a new offense led by quarterback Brian Johnson. Utah struggled early on, going 3–4 in their first 7 games, however, a strong finish gave Utah their third straight bowl invite.

In the 2005 Emerald Bowl the Utes faced the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets. Utah beat Georgia Tech 38–10, the Yellow Jackets' worst bowl loss by point margin in school history.

>> I had great seats near 50yd line only a few rows from the field, in the middle of the ute section. I had the pain of watching Reggie miss receivers by 20+ yds heaving it into the stands. Pregame party was at same bar with utes. actually a bunch of good folks who brought amazing fine looking women. It must be a fine school (they drink, its the other one who has mormons)
No, no, no. 00Burdell says Ball's problem was all just coaching. Accurate as öööö he was.

No, no, no. 00Burdell says Ball's problem was all just coaching. Accurate as öööö he was.
I'm still pissed at Chan for benching AJ Suggs to start Reggie.
worst 4 yr starter in NCAA history.
Oh the joys of being a Tech fan.
reggies best play was when he overthrew a receiver by 20 yds or so and cut the legs out from under the Terrapin mascot.

Parents feel alot better about the kids going to a smaller town w lower crime rates, less trouble to get into and then the Mormon ladies, they like to have alot of fun too...

Utah has had a great program for a long time (urban meyer started the tradition and current HC was on his staff). The worst thing UF did was not promote a coordinator when UM left.

I'm still pissed at Chan for benching AJ Suggs to start Reggie.
worst 4 yr starter in NCAA history.
Oh the joys of being a Tech fan.
reggies best play was when he overthrew a receiver by 20 yds or so and cut the legs out from under the Terrapin mascot.
I was at that game! Really cemented my opinion of him as a passer.

Back