How Does Utah Have A Better Team Than Tech …

I'm still pissed at Chan for benching AJ Suggs to start Reggie.
worst 4 yr starter in NCAA history.
Oh the joys of being a Tech fan.
reggies best play was when he overthrew a receiver by 20 yds or so and cut the legs out from under the Terrapin mascot.
Dude was acc rookie of the year as a true freshman, he'd have been every bit as good as jfn or jt had he played for cpj. Not his fault he had ccg and nix. Never should have been our qb in that offense, but thats another story. Dude balled out as best he could, though, and we should all appreciate that, at least in hindsight

Dude was acc rookie of the year as a true freshman, he'd have been every bit as good as jfn or jt had he played for cpj. Not his fault he had ccg and nix. Never should have been our qb in that offense, but thats another story. Dude balled out as best he could, though, and we should all appreciate that, at least in hindsight

Agreed

Should we be expecting a "How does baylor have a better team than tech" thread?
Dang Right … Somewhere along the way our administration and fanbase dropped the ball. With the tradition we had built with Heisman, Alexander, and Dodd, no way the program should have had the periods of decline we’ve experienced. We had a solid fan base coming out of the 60’s. I remember as a kid ( I’m 65) comparing attendance with UGA and most of the time we outdrew them, that started changing in the late 70’s and Herschel really changed it. Bottom line we didn’t change as college football changed ie … improved facilities and programs of study for athletes. Of course that suited some of our faculty just fine. I’ll always believe that’s why Dodd called it a career in his late 50’s.

I'm still pissed at Chan for benching AJ Suggs to start Reggie.
worst 4 yr starter in NCAA history.
Oh the joys of being a Tech fan.
reggies best play was when he overthrew a receiver by 20 yds or so and cut the legs out from under the Terrapin mascot.
Suggs ööööing sucked. He wasn't even a third stringer.

Suggs ööööing sucked. He wasn't even a third stringer.
Bilbo baby, honestly hindsight is 20/20, but Gailey was pretty damn good, and, had we had some patience, we might be where we want to be.

His biggest issue (aside from nix) was qb, but honestly Suggs and bilbo were huge gets, they just didn't pan out, and when we fired him he actually had 3 power 5 qbs with jfn, threat and the Duke qb. Sucks cuz I was on the fire ccg train and loved 2008 an 2009 with cpj, but I believe we win the acc both years and beat georgia at least once (probably lose 2008 but win 2009) and again in 2010 leading to richts firing.

Should we be expecting a "How does baylor have a better team than tech" thread?
They’ve hit a grand slam on their last three hires (ignoring the Grobe years while the entire university was burned to the ground).

Seems simple until you realize how hard that is to pull off.

In other words where are they recruiting? I can’t believe HS football in Utah is that great. They must hit CA pretty hard but what is the selling point? Come play for the Mighty Utes.
I believe 'curriculum' and 'academics' has been the favorite explanation for why other schools are better than us.

But the real answer, of course, is good coaching, administrative support, fan enthusiasm, the roll of the die, etc.

TBH, I don't have strong memories of Suggs anymore. Maybe he did suck worse that Ball. But I experienced pain watching Ball suck for four solid years and I can never forget how bad that was.
Must have been horrible for you watching him beat #3 Miami

That int that Suggs threw in Athens, everyone in the stadium could see it coming...
Suggs was the most frightened QB I have ever seen play at GT in that game. He looked like Michael Spinks in the ring against Mike Tyson

Back to the original post subject matter, also look at what Aranda has done quickly at Baylor. Good coaching makes players play better, no matter their HS recruiting ranking. I want good players, but without excellent coaching, we waste them and even hold them back from reaching their potential. I don’t believe Aranda or Whittingham have as a priority, “be friends with the players.” Do they want a strong positive relationship built on respect and discipline and sacrifice? Heck yeah they do. You can have the players’ backs and their respect/admiration without being a sycophant.

Back to the original post subject matter, also look at what Aranda has done quickly at Baylor. Good coaching makes players play better, no matter their HS recruiting ranking. I want good players, but without excellent coaching, we waste them and even hold them back from reaching their potential. I don’t believe Aranda or Whittingham have as a priority, “be friends with the players.” Do they want a strong positive relationship built on respect and discipline and sacrifice? Heck yeah they do. You can have the players’ backs and their respect/admiration without being a sycophant.

Do y’all ever Google stuff before before y’all post? You talking like Baylor is the sister of the poor.

Baylor had 5 double-digit wins season prior to Aranda this past decade. Coaching is so minimal in football.

Last edited:
Do y’all ever Google stuff before before y’all post? You talking like Baylor is the sister of the poor.

Baylor had 5 double-digit wins season prior to Aranda this past decade. Coaching is so minimal in football.

Georgia tech only had a losing record in conference once in the decade prior to GC. Went to the orange bowl twice. Didn’t lose to FCS teams and never got drilled by 45, 50, 55, or even 70 points.

Coaching is minimal.

Back