How Does Utah Have A Better Team Than Tech …

My brother n law lives near the University of Utah and I’ve spent a lot of time out there.

1. The University is very nice. It makes Georgia Tech’s ugly brick buildings look like the eye sore they are. And it’s safe to walk around campus.

2. Utah has more fans show up at a home game than we do in 3 or 4 put together.

3. Utah is more of a fun college town and fun atmosphere. The University isn’t overrun by a bunch of nerd professors that take pride in flunking its’ students out, and snobby academic elitism. Those things are repulsive to student athletes and football players.

4. Just my opinion, but Utah is a much, much nicer place to live than Georgia. You get the best of all the seasons—-hiking and golf in the summer, skiing in the winter. And it doesn’t rain all the damn time.

5. They don’t have to compete with then”mini-NFL” UGA, Bama, Clemson, SEC for local talent.

I love GT. But you asked. Hope this helps.

@Tampa Jacket Most people have never been there so all they know is reality tv with weirdos living in the desert with their 6 wives. Then there’s the hardcore zealots. The moral standards most abide by out there make people nervous because Hollywood and the media have sold everyone that anything goes for me lifestyle is the way to go, no consequences for bad behavior or failure.

It must be quite the culture shock moving from a big city in the east east to west and landing in Utah.

Bilbo baby, honestly hindsight is 20/20, but Gailey was pretty damn good, and, had we had some patience, we might be where we want to be.

His biggest issue (aside from nix) was qb, but honestly Suggs and bilbo were huge gets, they just didn't pan out, and when we fired him he actually had 3 power 5 qbs with jfn, threat and the Duke qb. Sucks cuz I was on the fire ccg train and loved 2008 an 2009 with cpj, but I believe we win the acc both years and beat georgia at least once (probably lose 2008 but win 2009) and again in 2010 leading to richts firing.
Not really, he did build over time a pretty solid roster but couldn’t get over mediocre results. He wasn’t going to do any better. The problem you are referring to is GT’s expectations. The school doesn’t give a öööö about you, me, or football. They won’t embrace that a good football team is something positive for the school. öööö those guys.

Parents feel alot better about the kids going to a smaller town w lower crime rates, less trouble to get into and then the Mormon ladies, they like to have alot of fun too...
Utah is in Salt Lake City.
But the scenery is beautiful there.
Salt Lake City is a bit weird for a large city though, yeah

Utah’s coach must have an IQ of under 50. Everyone in the country, except Utah’s coach, knew their only chance was to run the ball from the 15, try to score with under 30 seconds and go for 2. The fool throws the ball in the end zone. Absolutely zero chance Utah keeps OSU from a FG with almost 2 minutes left. Idiot.

This is the Pete Carroll method of losing to Texas.

I think the alcohol content in beers used to be 3.2% in Utah, not sure if that's changed to present day normal or not though.

Do y’all ever Google stuff before before y’all post? You talking like Baylor is the sister of the poor.

Baylor had 5 double-digit wins season prior to Aranda this past decade. Coaching is so minimal in football.

Coaching is NOT minimal. If it were, FSU and teams of their ilk would not struggle. Leadership, experience, strategy and game planning, in-game adjustments, and motivation all matter, and they always will.

But, you are free to differ in your opinion. Maybe coaches aren't necessary at all, based on your minimalist theory. That would save the Institute a lot of $$.

Last edited:
TBH, I don't have strong memories of Suggs anymore. Maybe he did suck worse that Ball. But I experienced pain watching Ball suck for four solid years and I can never forget how bad that was.

Reggie was a 4 year starter who lead the team to an ACCCG. He wasn’t worse than Suggs. He was better than Bennett too. He was better than Marshall and Graham. He is in the same general ballpark as Washington and Sims (so far).

Both have been better than us the last 3 years. Hell Indiana has made 2 bowl games in that span and was ranked in the top 15 last year
So what is the timespan? One year? Three? Ten? Twenty? You pick the timespan and I'll give you different sets of teams that are worse than Tech.

My brother n law lives near the University of Utah and I’ve spent a lot of time out there.

1. The University is very nice. It makes Georgia Tech’s ugly brick buildings look like the eye sore they are. And it’s safe to walk around campus.

This is such an 80's take. The area around GT is super nice now.

So what is the timespan? One year? Three? Ten? Twenty? You pick the timespan and I'll give you different sets of teams that are worse than Tech.

Geoff has been here 3 years. The start of his tenure is a major inflection point in our programs history. So that is the timespan I'm looking at.

I think the alcohol content in beers used to be 3.2% in Utah, not sure if that's changed to present day normal or not though.
No. It's still really low. And the liquor stores are state run and suck balls.

3. Utah is more of a fun college town and fun atmosphere. The University isn’t overrun by a bunch of nerd professors that take pride in flunking its’ students out, and snobby academic elitism. Those things are repulsive to student athletes and football players.

4. Just my opinion, but Utah is a much, much nicer place to live than Georgia. You get the best of all the seasons—-hiking and golf in the summer, skiing in the winter. And it doesn’t rain all the damn time.

5. They don’t have to compete with then”mini-NFL” UGA, Bama, Clemson, SEC for local talent.

Only part I can readily refute here is #3. Gt doesn't flunk people like they used to and hasn't for decades. Our retention rate was 96% when I was a freshmen well over a decade ago.

1. The GT campus is safe. They’ve built some nice, interesting new buildings in the post-Olympics era and continue to add more, and have added a lot of green space as well.

2. Mathematically impossible given their stadium size, which was only recently expanded to be slightly smaller than BDS.

It’s a peculiar sickness that leads GT fans to öööö on everything about the school they claim to support, and in favor of some irrelevant never-was school from Utah at that.

JRjr

Back