How many bowl games have you watched this year?

Bowl Games Watched

• Total voters

andrew

Bobby Bonilla's Financial Planner
Watching the Cheez-It Bowl and #29 for Iowa State opted not to play in this game. My question is, why in the world was he allowed to
even make the trip???!!!!??? Geeze give him his bowl booty when the teams gets back from the bowl game. Colleges have got to grow some
and quit giving in to these SA's. As I have said before the SA's are in control now and not the colleges that have given them full-rides to their
schools.

You might as well start calling them semi-pro players now, because they are no longer amateurs anymore, because they are being paid,
by the colleges that recruited them to play football. So much for all the money spent on recruitment of these athletes, and the quality
education some are receiving at elite colleges and universities.
It is a shame that #29 ruined the sanctity of the Cheez-It Bowl played at Camping World Stadium. I could barely even enjoy when they showed Prince Chedward taking the Cheddar Throne pregame because I knew that some of the athletes there were making it more about money than love of the game.

I did keep watching though, because the coaches remain the adults in the room who are focused purely on sport. At least that's something. If coaches and administrators ever start making these things about money instead of quality education, I'll probably quit watching entirely.

dabojpg.jpg

Nehru Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
It is a shame that #29 ruined the sanctity of the Cheez-It Bowl played at Camping World Stadium. I could barely even enjoy when they showed Prince Chedward taking the Cheddar Throne pregame because I knew that some of the athletes there were making it more about money than love of the game.

I did keep watching though, because the coaches remain the adults in the room who are focused purely on sport. At least that's something. If coaches and administrators ever start making these things about money instead of quality education, I'll probably quit watching entirely.

dabojpg.jpg
That’s pretty funny. The sanctity of the Cheez-It bowl. I picked up on the sarcasm. However, I must admit to an undying love of Cheeze-It especially the white cheddar ones.

andrew

Bobby Bonilla's Financial Planner
Yeah why are the Playoff games on New Year's Eve? Why not have them on New Year's Day? It'd make a lot of sense for people to watch them on their day off. Most people, myself included, do something to celebrate New Year's that's not watching football...
The Rose Bowl refuses to move from New Year's Day, and they have the political clout to hold fast to that but not to have the Rose Bowl be a playoff game every year.

It used to be worse -- originally the semis were scheduled to be played on NYE like three out of four years, but the first time it happened ratings took a 50% tumble and they moved most of the future NYE games.

I hate it too, it takes the games from an absolute watch to an almost certainly not watch for me. It really sucks.

Nehru Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
The Rose Bowl refuses to move from New Year's Day, and they have the political clout to hold fast to that but not to have the Rose Bowl be a playoff game every year.

It used to be worse -- originally the semis were scheduled to be played on NYE like three out of four years, but the first time it happened ratings took a 50% tumble and they moved most of the future NYE games.

I hate it too, it takes the games from an absolute watch to an almost certainly not watch for me. It really sucks.
Look on the bright side, it will take rabid dawg fans out of the restaurants, bars and off the streets on New Years Eve.

JC7

Varsity Lurker
I have watched a ton of bowl games.
If there is a football game on, I will likely watch.
I have been known to tune in the occasional CFL game in June.
Yes, I may have a problem.

RussianOffense

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ

Thanks for the explanation. In general it seems like it's going to take ruining college football to get the powers that be to stop doing stupid stuff.

But even that seems optimistic. They'll probably just ruin it and it'll be forever ruined.

rghoae

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
I’m glad I discovered the NFL before my interest in CFB (minus Tech) completely died, and now I regret having wasted so many years on what is clearly an inferior product.
The quality is higher. There’s way less bullshit. There’s way more parity and therefore interesting games. And any team can truly win on any given day.

There have almost been as many different teams in the super bowl as in the CFB playoffs since the playoffs began despite the fact that the super bowl only has 2 teams, as opposed to the 4 in the playoffs, there are only 32 NFL teams as opposed to over a 100 FBS teams, and that the NFL had its most dominant team ever, the Belichik-Brady Patriots, during this era.
Lololololoopol. Another UGA Alabama championship.

What a stupid sport this is. All of you people spending so much money, so much time, and building entire cultures and legacies around Alabama beating Georgia.

Pathetic. I’m done with this stupid sport. I’m gonna go watch a real sport where th participants are compensated properly, put in real effort, and everyone works towards winning real games in real competitive situations.

I’m done with this stupid ass sport. I’ll watch and root when Tech is playing only because I’m rooting for Tech, but all the idiots supporting this dumbass sport called college football enjoy wasting your lives.

rain

Dodd-Like
As of now, 16 bowl games have been played, I have watched small portions of 5. These games are crap, there are no fans in the stands, and bowl games simply don't mean anything anymore. In the 1980's GT went to one bowl game -based on today's standards they would have gone to five.
i dont know - maybe 4
early 80's, the year before going to Birmingham, 1989 and the bowl in Birmingham