Votes: 52 24.8%

Votes: 73 34.8%

Votes: 31 14.8%
  • 8 or more

Votes: 18 8.6%

• Total voters

Taintlunch

Damn Good Rat
at the end of the season, we send chris pratt back in time with the plays called by the opposition. we use his time travel to win the tomorrow war.

i saw it on a movie.

GoldZ

Dodd-Like
5 this season and zero excuses for not winning 7 in 2022.

wgjacket

Varsity Lurker
Need to win 6 minimum In 2021. The start of the 2022 season is brutal. Open with Clemson in the dome, West Carolina at home, Ole Miss at home and then UCF on the road. At FSU is our cross over game. If we do not have at least .500 record in 2021 and Get some momentum for the program we can easily start 1-3 in 2022. If we only win 3-4 games in 2021 Collins could be come after 4 games in 2022

Techbert

Dodd-Like
Poll fail: Does not explicitly list the obvious answer of 15 wins.

Tampa Jacket

Helluva Engineer
4 or 5.
6 or 7 in 2022 and 9-12 per year going forward in 2023.
As much as I enjoyed The Orange Bowl win and the ACC conference championship (albeit with Gailey’s players) Georgia Tech is an example of the tremendous cost of any team going back to the dark ages running a TO.
The TO was a loan shark whose ultimate cost in rebuilding none of us could have foreseen. It is almost like trying to recover from 4 years of hard NCAA probation.
But Collins has assembled an excellent group of coaches that will recruit well and win big.
“Big Cry” on these true facts in 3…2…1…

knoxjacket

Dodd-Like
Need to win 6 minimum In 2021. The start of the 2022 season is brutal. Open with Clemson in the dome, West Carolina at home, Ole Miss at home and then UCF on the road. At FSU is our cross over game. If we do not have at least .500 record in 2021 and Get some momentum for the program we can easily start 1-3 in 2022. If we only win 3-4 games in 2021 Collins could be come after 4 games in 2022
MASSIVE assumption that FSU or Ole Miss will be any good. Decent-sized assumption UCF will be as well.

GoldZ

Dodd-Like
4 or 5.
6 or 7 in 2022 and 9-12 per year going forward in 2023.
As much as I enjoyed The Orange Bowl win and the ACC conference championship (albeit with Gailey’s players) Georgia Tech is an example of the tremendous cost of any team going back to the dark ages running a TO.
The TO was a loan shark whose ultimate cost in rebuilding none of us could have foreseen. It is almost like trying to recover from 4 years of hard NCAA probation.
But Collins has assembled an excellent group of coaches that will recruit well and win big.
“Big Cry” on these true facts in 3…2…1…
Agree somewhat TJ. The OB in 2014 had nothing to do with CCG's players and everything to do with destroying CGC's defense, and yes it was his, whether or not he was present that night. If we get stuck on the 6-7 win rut with much better players (thanks to CGC) from 2022 on,
the "coaching" issue will raise it's head, and justifiably so. Actually, many of us foresaw the post TO rebuild, and after CCG's reign, it was worth it. Gailey would have never ever beaten ugag 3 times in Athens or anywhere else. The 5 this year and 7 in 2022 is exactly what I think will happen. Afterwards, IDK. I believe we will know come November of this year.

aeromech

Dodd-Like
Can we just enjoy the season as it unfolds?
Not if the unfolding season includes any more historic losses whatsoever, the offense getting shut out again, or our special teams follies continue. I don't expect that to happen; but I haven't expected it the past 2 seasons either. That's one of the reasons some posters think I am against Geoff Collins, I expect us to win half or more of our games.

Last edited:

aeromech

Dodd-Like
MASSIVE assumption that FSU or Ole Miss will be any good. Decent-sized assumption UCF will be as well.
If recruiting rankings mean anything then FSU should be good. Malzahn is a good X's and O's coach and UCF should be formidable. Ole Miss could be imploding around Kiffin; but if he has finally grown up they will be formidable as well. I don't see a reason why any of those assumptions would be classified as "MASSIVE".

The Champ

Dodd-Like
Agree somewhat TJ. The OB in 2014 had nothing to do with CCG's players and everything to do with destroying CGC's defense, and yes it was his, whether or not he was present that night. If we get stuck on the 6-7 win rut with much better players (thanks to CGC) from 2022 on,
the "coaching" issue will raise it's head, and justifiably so. Actually, many of us foresaw the post TO rebuild, and after CCG's reign, it was worth it. Gailey would have never ever beaten ugag 3 times in Athens or anywhere else. The 5 this year and 7 in 2022 is exactly what I think will happen. Afterwards, IDK. I believe we will know come November of this year.
I think Gailey would have beaten UGA a few times has he coached through PJs tenure. The talent we amassed with the 07 class was enough that we were going to be pretty good in 08 and 09 either way. UGA also was as bad as they are ever going to be from 09-2016. Joe Cox, Houston Mason, Greyson Lambert. We lost to some ööööty 5, 6, 7 win teams in that stretch

aeromech

Dodd-Like
I think Gailey would have beaten UGA a few times has he coached through PJs tenure. The talent we amassed with the 07 class was enough that we were going to be pretty good in 08 and 09 either way. UGA also was as bad as they are ever going to be from 09-2016. Joe Cox, Houston Mason, Greyson Lambert. We lost to some ööööty 5, 6, 7 win teams in that stretch
We had Choice and Megatron at the same time and Gailey still couldn't beat Richt. Instead we only scored 12 points against Georgia and 6 against Wake Forest, and 7 against Clemson; and 2006 was Gailey at his very best.

PM Gold

Varsity Lurker
Gailey was a bad coach. No doubt he would have lost to UGA under him. But we could have hired coaches other than Paul Johnson who would have beaten UGA.
I’m. Not a PJ fan. He’s smug. And according to him, his failures were always a result of the alumni not building bigger, better facilities, not his TO.
At one time he wanted to play Brian Van Gorder because VanGorder criticized his TO system.
Well—-he got that chance, and VanGorder‘s defense dominated him and GT was embarrassed.
Yeah...he almost came back against Notre Dame and Kicked his ass when he coached at Louisville embarrassing

aeromech

Dodd-Like
Gailey was a bad coach. No doubt he would have lost to UGA under him. But we could have hired coaches other than Paul Johnson who would have beaten UGA.
I’m. Not a PJ fan. He’s smug. And according to him, his failures were always a result of the alumni not building bigger, better facilities, not his TO.
At one time he wanted to play Brian Van Gorder because VanGorder criticized his TO system.
Well—-he got that chance, and VanGorder‘s defense dominated him and GT was embarrassed.
That's a reasonable argument; but most posters are wanting to credit Collins for our wins in 2008 & 2009 because he was at GT for a whole year. (Some have even tried to use the same argument to credit Saban's success to Collins and/or Key.) 'It wasn't CPJ, it was the greatest roster of all time' because of one recruiting class. We could have won or lost with a different coach in 2008 & 2009. I'm not convinced the current coaching staff could win with the 2008 roster.

To be clear, CPJ did not get support throughout his tenure that makes a winning program. I will take TStan over Bobinski any day of the week.

knoxjacket

Dodd-Like
If recruiting rankings mean anything then FSU should be good. Malzahn is a good X's and O's coach and UCF should be formidable. Ole Miss could be imploding around Kiffin; but if he has finally grown up they will be formidable as well. I don't see a reason why any of those assumptions would be classified as "MASSIVE".
Florida State hasn’t had a winning regular season since 2016. Ole Miss hasn’t had one since 2015.

Jury is still very out on Norvell but last year was a disaster. Kiffin has had one decent season as a P5 coach.

UCF and Malzahn are both trending southwards.

aeromech

Dodd-Like
This is the recap of CPJ matchup with VanGorder in 2018. What were you thinking?

Georgia Tech would score on each of its first nine drives, eight of which were for touchdowns, as Tech ran for a season high 542 yards in their first meeting with Louisville. It was Tech's 6th most point total in the modern era.
Hard to believe we lost to the Citadel the following year because of the roster.