How Much Does a Good College QB Cost?

I don't know why we are re-hashing this, it's nothing new the only that is new is transparency. 2010, Cam Newton takes Auburn to a championship and it's no secret Auburn paid for his services. We don't know how much but likely $200k+. And that's just the one that we know about 13 years before NIL.

I don't disagree that it will be hard for Tech to get one of the top level guys. But 3 star QB's aren't getting millions and places like Tech have always struggled with depth not because we don't have 100 guys on the roster like uga, but because we have to take projects and some pan out while others don't. Projects aren't getting paid millions. Tech has to hit on the right projects it's just that simple.

Ultimately GT is going to have to complete the same way Mizzou was able to have a top-10 season this year. Going to have to be happy with 6-7 wins hoping to hit that special season of 10+ wins every 3-5 years. I think expanding the playoffs helps Tech because if we can hit the playoffs in one of those magical years it will help with recruiting.

How much would you pay to keep him?

25299043_10155213849962005_1756325186425371198_n.jpg

I don't disagree that it will be hard for Tech to get one of the top level guys. But 3 star QB's aren't getting millions and places like Tech have always struggled with depth not because we don't have 100 guys on the roster like uga, but because we have to take projects and some pan out while others don't. Projects aren't getting paid millions. Tech has to hit on the right projects it's just that simple.

Yep, we will get the guys that didn’t pan out as freshman starters; the guys that are logged behind established players; those that had injuries and are looking for a new home; and the guys that are pissed off they committed to ND when they just buy a new SR QB every season — instead of giving program guys a shot. There are plenty of good players to be had. In many ways, we’ll have better luck with this approach than just trying to recruit and develop lowly rated HS QBs.

How much would you pay to keep him?
I’ve heard he isn’t even looking for money. But he’ll get something because it’s there, and won’t be hard to rally some good faith money for a QB that has been stroking off the idea of being a Tech Man in interviews.

There's very clear proof of top QBs getting six figure NIL deals. Is it that crazy to assume they are getting 10-20 of those?

All I'm asking is for one person to post some actual proof of six figure deals. Not media reporting - actual contract. I haven't even seen a press release from any company doing the supposed paying that confirms the contract amount. Why can't anyone (like you) claiming proof actually produce it?

All I'm asking is for one person to post some actual proof of six figure deals. Not media reporting - actual contract. I haven't even seen a press release from any company doing the supposed paying that confirms the contract amount. Why can't anyone (like you) claiming proof actually produce it?
Your required proof is a literal contract? Can you even find the Nike LeBron contract? Or is that fake without a contract?

How about this, which includes a quote from the CEO of the company and includes a sourced $1M figure? Or is this fake because we don't have a picture of the contract and the wire details from the payment?

Or this, with a specific dollar amount given to charity? Or is that fake because maybe Arch just used his family's money and lied about it coming from NIL?

Or this, where the Athletic reports reviewing (private, confidential) contracts? Or is Stewart Mandel lying?

Partially why I quit responding to the thread, you still ignore the facts. There is a reason Caleb Williams is discussing not going to the draft and is putting a lot of parameters on his draft wishes.

It's not because he isn't making insane amounts of money as a college QB. On3 may not be perfect, but the numbers are close enough.

ON3 has Shedeur down $450K. Did he lose $450K in deals? No. The biggest component of their "valuation" is on-field performance. After quitting on his team and then sitting out the final game he's not as marketable.

I won't deny that some players are getting six figure deals, and some even seven figure.

But from what I can tell, the on3 number for any given player is a BS number pulled out of thin air, and no more valid than any of our own guesses.

Your required proof is a literal contract? Can you even find the Nike LeBron contract? Or is that fake without a contract?

How about this, which includes a quote from the CEO of the company and includes a sourced $1M figure? Or is this fake because we don't have a picture of the contract and the wire details from the payment?

Or this, with a specific dollar amount given to charity? Or is that fake because maybe Arch just used his family's money and lied about it coming from NIL?

Or this, where the Athletic reports reviewing (private, confidential) contracts? Or is Stewart Mandel lying?

1) An NFT deal paid out of 12 installments (no time period given), tied to revenue share of selling the NFTs. Is the $1M guaranteed? Does he get the money if they don't sell any NFTs? CEO comment didn't say jack about the financial arrangement.

2) Auction of a playing card given to charity. One shot deal, and the player can't spend it.

3) Athletic article is over 18 months old. Can only read the beginning of the Athletic articles (paywalled), but if you click through their link regarding the $8M deal you see that it pays "up to" that amount. Player to receive $350K "almost immediately" then payments after his career starts. What does he get if he sits on the bench? Of course, everyone runs around screaming $8M!!!

Lots of smoke and marketing.

I heard some players are getting paid $500,000million NIL. We’re never gonna compete with that.

we should sell gt football to berkshire hathaway

that would rock

we should sell gt football to berkshire hathaway

that would rock

I would take Munger Memorial Field over Hyundai field any day of the week, and twice on a fall Saturday.

I would take Munger Memorial Field over Hyundai field any day of the week, and twice on a fall Saturday.

How about Historic Emirates Bobby Dodd Stadium on Hyundai Field.

Back