How will parking changes impact visiting fans ?

I give very little credibility to the Clemson fans who are now popping up to criticize the conduct of UGA fans. For one, the teams have only played 2 times in the last 10 years and the 94 and 95 games (UGA wins BTW) seemed pretty civil to me. So any reference to fan misconduct must be based on the rivalry between the schools in the 80's. The rivalry at that time was very heated and I witnessed some vulgar, unruly behavior from both camps but nothing I consider that bad (violence,vandalism,etc.) I go to virtually all UGA games but somehow miss out on these horror stories that others present as the gospel.

All teams have some jerks in their fan base. I will concede, in the early 80s, UGA was a rowdier and somewhat less sophisticated school than it is now and a small but visible segment of the fan base reflected that. But believe me anything we did was more than matched by Clemson. I witnessed some pretty ugly behavior by Tech students after the 97 and 99 games and recall Tech fans attacking the Maryland band so don't get too "holier than thou" on this fan behavior issue. The much anticipated renewal of the rivalry as a night game does worry me a bit given how pumped up and intoxicated a good # of fans will be. Hell, I'll be pumped up and mildly intoxicated but that does not mean I can't conduct myself properly. Anyway lets pull for our teams, treat each other with respect, and enjoy the greatest sport in the world.

I'll never forget the worst example of Doggydom was the '91 Tech game in Atlanta, I was in the LE and down near the beam was a couple of Dog fans, one had on a silky Red Georgia jacket and he would just turn around, unprovoked, and unzip the jacket to reveal a shirtless chest, then he would raise his arms in a shooting birds gesture. Thruout the first quarter he did this whenever UGAg made a play of any description. He was obviously largely inebriated.

Of course, there were other UGAg fans all around and I was siting on the aisle. I finally leaned across the aisle to a lady with UGAg red on and pointed to the trailer park alum below and said "that's what gives y'all such a bad reputation". She just stared at me for about 5 seconds and finally shrugged.

Reminds me of the classy Tech student that flipped off Hines Ward in the EZ on national TV after scoring in the 97 game. You must have been so proud. The nerd is lucky Hines let him keep his teeth. Why ya'll let those punks on the field I'll never know. That told me a lot as far as Tech fans go. Try again.

Originally posted by MeLuvUgaLongTime:
Reminds me of the classy Tech student that flipped off Hines Ward in the EZ on national TV after scoring in the 97 game. You must have been so proud. The nerd is lucky Hines let him keep his teeth. Why ya'll let those punks on the field I'll never know. That told me a lot as far as Tech fans go. Try again.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Not worth rebuttal.

Back