HUNH Offense

MadTownJacket

Dodd-Like
After watching UNC play USCe and Clemson play UGA, seems like the HUNH offense is a good way to catch them off-guard and exhausted. Is there a way we can implement some sort of HUNH offense within our system, at least just for certain games or even series?

Also, thoughts on the HUNH offense? A handful of coaches (notably Saban) are complaining that it's harmful for their defensive players. It seems like coaches are training their defensive players to play injured because of the HUNH offense.

I imagine college football will eventually implement rules similar to the NFL about spotting and moving chains which will slow down the HUNH

Our no-huddle is usually a cluster-öööö as it is, no way I would want to go to it if we didn't have to

We don't need a no huddle since the play we run isn't finalized until after the snap.

No huddle prevents the other team from lining up in the proper defense. We want the other team to line up so we know how to burn them.

Football is not supposed to be a chess match. If the offense gets lined up, they can snap the ball. If you don't like it, tough öööö, that's football. Whiny coaches just don't like strategies they aren't prepared for.

After watching UNC play USCe and Clemson play UGA, seems like the HUNH offense is a good way to catch them off-guard and exhausted. Is there a way we can implement some sort of HUNH offense within our system, at least just for certain games or even series?

Also, thoughts on the HUNH offense? A handful of coaches (notably Saban) are complaining that it's harmful for their defensive players. It seems like coaches are training their defensive players to play injured because of the HUNH offense.

I bet those handful of coaches are all in the SEC

We don't need a no huddle since the play we run isn't finalized until after the snap.

No huddle prevents the other team from lining up in the proper defense. We want the other team to line up so we know how to burn them.

That is a valid point that I never thought of. Makes sense.

True, but once we catch them in a bad alignment, it might be advantageous to repeat the play no-huddle. I think we've tried to do this sometimes.

It stops the other team from subbing personnel as well. That really doesn't matter as much with our offense where we'll often run on third and long. Teams always have stop the run personnel on the field against us.

Also....clemson loses games because of this offense as well...they start going so fast they lose attention to detail. Honestly I think that's how we beat them in 2011 but you have to find a team that can take advantage. They will continue to pull a clemson every year.

True, but once we catch them in a bad alignment, it might be advantageous to repeat the play no-huddle. I think we've tried to do this sometimes.

I think we did this a couple of times when their DB played off the receiver and we just did a quick pass out there for 5 or 6 yards. Kind of how we Kelly Campbelled Clemson a few years back.

Rumor is that Georgia Southern is going to implementing a good bit of no-huddle. Didn't see it vs SSU, but didn't expect to.

How would that change? The other team still has to line up. However, I don't think Vad is ready for it yet and I also don't think putting our defense on the field longer is a very good idea either.

There's nothing stopping us from running hunh. Obviously, CPJ likes sending each play in, but we could probably run triple with onfield checks to passing plays without even having to go to the sideline for play calls.

In the past, I think that the question mark on our own D and its depth has contributed to CPJ's hesitancy. That being said, I'm convinced that we will do it at some point this year. We put a lot of pressure on D as it is, if we bring in Justin and Snoddy in hunh, they will weep like Tyler ... from Atlanta

It's not CPJ's game. Plus, Vad would need more experience to be effective with it.

A couple of years ago (when Oregon was breaking out), CPJ said he didn't want to hurry up the offense because he wanted to give our defense a chance to rest.

The F**k are y'all talking about?
Whether or not implementing a hurry-up/no-huddle offense would make our offense better.

Some say yes. Others not so sure. Once we have reached a consensus, we will elect of of our own to meet with CPJ and advise him of our findings. CPJ will then take our recommendation under consideration then take out a claw hammer and set it his desk and ask: "Son, do you know what this is?"

And thus endeth the proposal to run the HUNH.

We did it a few times last year with Tevin. I don't remember it working very well. But we didn't look like we practiced it much.

It was also hot, humid and awful out Saturday night. It won't be in November.

Back