I’d love a bowl game

joeye

Varsity Connoisseur
If the opportunity arises.....
If our players want to play another game against a non-conference, average G5 team in a non-descript mid-American city at 4pm on a late-December Tuesday in front of 800 attendees, I’d love to watch. I don’t need it to be a marquee event to watch Tech football. If they’re playing in Kazakhstan in February at 2am, I’m watching (assuming I can stream the goddamn thing). It ain’t about us as fans...it’s about them and if they want to play bc they love the game, I’d love to watch. I suspect if we just branded it as our 11th game, it’d be fine, like a mid-September game...but once you title it a bowl game then somehow a bunch of people get their panties in a wad....

If we're not going to play the last of our "regular" schedule, the only game I'd be interested in playing now is if Georgia came out from hiding in the dark corners of the feminine hygiene aisle. But there's less a chance of them growing balls than there is of us getting invited to the Rose Bowl this year, so I dunno. I understand the whole practice and experience angle, but if we're going to shut it down, shut it down. I don't know how much of that kind of experience in the wake of a season like this will help us in the spring and next fall.

I understand the whole practice and experience angle, but if we're going to shut it down, shut it down. I don't know how much of that kind of experience in the wake of a season like this will help us in the spring and next fall.

Yeah, but my angle is that it’s not so much about the players gaining experience as much as it is them just loving to play tackle football

I would to but I think it should be 100% up the the players. They have had to go through a lot this year and deserve a break and holidays with their families.

if you are going to wish for cereal, wish for the one we really miss...

Nonsense. These can't possibly be beaten, and the greatest tragedy of the 20th century is that that they were lost to us forever.

5b4f68f6b0147e9e3916d99ff0e80fc9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
looks like a poor mans Lucky Charms.
They were amazing, but I was also like 3-4 years old. Boo Berry and Count Chocula are my jam now. Still, it would be nice to find a cereal that tastes like those did, but I've never had anything that was even similar.

Seriously? With a 3-7 record? We don’t deserve to be any where near a bowl game. Embarrassing to even suggest such. We would be the laughing stock of bowl talk.

Nonsense. These can't possibly be beaten, and the greatest tragedy of the 20th century is that that they were lost to us forever.

5b4f68f6b0147e9e3916d99ff0e80fc9.jpg

Wth... why is Mikey carrying a net while Donny tries not to look threatening? This looks like I'm about to get shoved in the Party Wagon.

Wth... why is Mikey carrying a net while Donny tries not to look threatening? This looks like I'm about to get shoved in the Party Wagon.
That little blue marshmallow is not a sword, if that tells you anything.

Seriously? With a 3-7 record? We don’t deserve to be any where near a bowl game. Embarrassing to even suggest such. We would be the laughing stock of bowl talk.
Exhibit A of panties in a wad. Read, putz. We'll all watch a bowl game. You can watch and call it game 11 against a non-conference opponent for the enjoyment of the players.

What you’re saying is that’s not milk?
Legally, I really couldn't say.
Exhibit A of panties in a wad. Read, putz. We'll all watch a bowl game. You can watch and call it game 11 against a non-conference opponent for the enjoyment of the players.
A fair point, but that isn't really conducive to perpetual misery and taking football too seriously. Not to mention it won't help get any of the sand out of his vagina.

Back