I’d love a bowl game

eg1

Dodd-Like
They were amazing, but I was also like 3-4 years old. Boo Berry and Count Chocula are my jam now. Still, it would be nice to find a cereal that tastes like those did, but I've never had anything that was even similar.
We were only allowed to have these on our birthday. The Count Chocula burps were epically gross

GBurdell

One for each tiddy
If the opportunity arises.....
If our players want to play another game against a non-conference, average G5 team in a non-descript mid-American city at 4pm on a late-December Tuesday in front of 800 attendees, I’d love to watch. I don’t need it to be a marquee event to watch Tech football. If they’re playing in Kazakhstan in February at 2am, I’m watching (assuming I can stream the goddamn thing). It ain’t about us as fans...it’s about them and if they want to play bc they love the game, I’d love to watch. I suspect if we just branded it as our 11th game, it’d be fine, like a mid-September game...but once you title it a bowl game then somehow a bunch of people get their panties in a wad....
There’s 296,000 coffins tho, you jerk

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
Nonsense. These can't possibly be beaten, and the greatest tragedy of the 20th century is that that they were lost to us forever.

I'll see your mutants, and raise you a Nuclear Engineering major . . .

RoanokeJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
We should go to the Smoke A Bowl because you would have to if you want to believe we should be in one

TechRush

Dodd-Like
Did Tech make a bowl? They have a new bowl in Flushing, NY called The Toilet Bowl sponsored by the big mint you shouldn't eat?

Only bowl Tech players will be seeing is the one JacketBlind's pic.

The Jacket

The Coat
If we get an invite, then we should absolutely accept. I understand we don't necessarily deserve it, but the practice time would be invaluable for the young guys. Also, an unexpected win could springboard us into 2021.
I really don't think it's going to happen, either because we will opt out or we won't get invited. And as I've said, my thoughts are that it may just be better to pack it in for the year. At the same time, if we get an invite and choose to accept it, I am on board. All this "we don't deserve it raaa" garbage is worse than a loser mentality, it's people wanting to take their own butthurt out on the team. Rage against some other machine, whiny little bitches.

ramblinwise1

beware the zealot
No bowl game this year. This team is about to come apart at the seams, they need to be off a while and recoup. Canceling the UM game for 12/19 and then accepting a bowl to play a week later is boffo.

BrentwoodJacket

Dodd-Like
If we end up in a bowl, we will not be the only team with a losing record to play in one this year. If the coaches think it is beneficial and the players want to why not go. The key is can we have the necessary players back in time since the Gasparilla Bowl is 13 days away.
I would think the TV money should cover the costs involved. Playing in Tampa on ESPN would be good for recruiting and a nice trip for the players and their families.

JoeCakeEater

Dodd-Like

TechRush

Dodd-Like
As beneficial as a bowl may be, I don't want to see Tech lose to Liberty.

bandman

Damn Good Rat
ESPN has a lot of airtime to fill between Christmas and new Year’s with a whole lot of people spending time at home. Bowl games may get played in parking lots or on Madden at this point.

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
Seriously? With a 3-7 record? We don’t deserve to be any where near a bowl game. Embarrassing to even suggest such. We would be the laughing stock of bowl talk.
I have made arrangements with the team on the event we are invited to a bowl but before we accept, you will be given an opportunity to advise the players that they would embarrass the program and should decline the invitation.

Can I count on you to show up?