"I am an NFL Tight End..."

Colin Peek released from the Falcons today.

And that reminds me of a song. "Its Over" by Roy Orbison.

But maybe he'll catch on with another team. I hear Buffalo is looking for some new talent. Could lightning strike twice with Chan? Stay tuned.

Who is more pathetic? Him, or some douche bag posting on a message board taking a stab at a 23 year old who was pursuing his NFL dream and left our team because.... news flash... we don't have Tight Ends?

Why is this worthy of a wise crack? Kid did the smart thing for him by transfering which was completely supported by Paul Johnson, and yet, you're mad about it?

Who is more pathetic? Him, or some douche bag posting on a message board taking a stab at a 23 year old who was pursuing his NFL dream and left our team because.... news flash... we don't have Tight Ends?

Why is this worthy of a wise crack? Kid did the smart thing for him by transfering which was completely supported by Paul Johnson, and yet, you're mad about it?

Answer: some douche bag posting on a message board taking a stab at a 23 year old who was pursuing his NFL dream and left our team because.... news flash... we don't have Tight Ends

Pwnd

Never understood why so many people had hate for Colin Peek.

Never understood why so many people had hate for Colin Peek.

Because some people are douchebags. Why would a tight end, who wants to play tight end, stay at Tech in an offense that won't allow him to do so?

I didn't like the kid because he made fun of our fanbase. **** that.

He didn't make fun of our fanbase. He said that unless we have a big game, our fans don't show up. A quick perusal through all the threads bitching about our home schedule this year or a look at the attendance figures from last year (didn't sell out homecoming against #5 Virginia Tech) show that to be pretty obvious.

Colin Peek said:
FAN SUPPORT: What did Peek love most about playing for Alabama?

The school's fan support.

"We love them to death," Peek said. "They're fanatics and they're fanatical, and that's why I love them. I came from Georgia Tech, where - you know, no hating - but they had fair-weather fans. Unless they had a big game, they really didn't want to show up. ... That's why I love this place so much. It has so much heritage and tradition. They almost live and die with you every Saturday. And that's why you love them to death. At the end of the day, we almost want to win those games as much for them."
We all love GT here but if you think our fanbase is in any way comparable to Alabama's, you've got your head in the sand.

He didn't make fun of our fanbase. He said that unless we have a big game, our fans don't show up. A quick perusal through all the threads bitching about our home schedule this year or a look at the attendance figures from last year (didn't sell out homecoming against #5 Virginia Tech) show that to be pretty obvious.

We all love GT here but if you think our fanbase is in any way comparable to Alabama's, you've got your head in the sand.

I'm not questioning the validity of his statement, but there was still no need to say it. The question wasn't even about us.

that's a valid reason :biggthumpup:

Also my reason of hating the SEC and wishing no success for their NFL players.

But, I do like some of them because they dealt misery to the puppies east. Especially Colin and Bama, that Athens black-out was just too perfect.

Or more pathetic, a douche bag (Peek), stabbed online by another douche bag (me), or another douche bag taking a stab at another douche bag (BOR).

Sounds like we are in the same pathetic boat don't you agree?

Also, I don't blame him for going to Bama. No problem there. He shouldn't have said what he said about the fan base. There is such a comment as, "I enjoyed by time at GT, but after the coaching change, Bama was a better fit". It's called class and Colin Peek has none in my book for his comment. He could have gotten around saying what he said in so many ways it isn't funny.

I also find him to be self confident prick, proclaiming to PJ that he was an NFL tight end as a sophomore TE in college at the time he said it. You can call yourself an NFL tight end when you earn that right to say that. Saying you're an NFL caliber player in college is ridiculous until you actually earn that right.

Or more pathetic, a douche bag (Peek), stabbed online by another douche bag (me), or another douche bag taking a stab at another douche bag (BOR).

Sounds like we are in the same pathetic boat don't you agree?

Also, I don't blame him for going to Bama. No problem there. He shouldn't have said what he said about the fan base. There is such a comment as, "I enjoyed by time at GT, but after the coaching change, Bama was a better fit". It's called class and Colin Peek has none in my book for his comment. He could have gotten around saying what he said in so many ways it isn't funny.

I also find him to be self confident prick, proclaiming to PJ that he was an NFL tight end as a sophomore TE in college at the time he said it. You can call yourself an NFL tight end when you earn that right to say that. Saying you're an NFL caliber player in college is ridiculous until you actually earn that right.
Nah, you're the douche bag. When you post on this board you open yourself to criticism...BOR was just first to respond.

Back