"I am an NFL Tight End..."

Link

From the interview:
We lost a tight end (Colin Peek) who told me he was a prototypical tight end and had to go get in the NFL.

Uh...that's what people are pissed about? Seriously? I can't see in any way shape or form that being arrogant or douchey, unless CPJ really played it down. Everyone knows TEs don't have much of a future here, especially if they want to play in the NFL.

He referred to himself as a "prototypical tight end" as in an NFL prototypical tight end.

Meh, I don't give a rat's ass about Colin Peek or about the NFL. The only thing I will say is that of course the fanbase at Alabama is larger because there's nothing of value whatsoever in that entire crappy state and unlike our fair Institute, the only graduation requirements are spelling your name correctly and not getting too much poop on your hand when you wipe your ass. I'd rather not have a stadium full of piss-covered troglodytes who enjoy hammers jammed in their anuses or whatever the hell they're yelling about.

Oh yea, and **** Bear Bryant.

Link

From the interview:
We lost a tight end (Colin Peek) who told me he was a prototypical tight end and had to go get in the NFL.

So Peek didn't announce to the entire GT world that he was an NFL tight end and this was a conversation between him and his new coach, in which the coach leaked for defending the defections of the previous coaches players? Yeah... lets hang the bastard. :rolleyes:

So Peek didn't announce to the entire GT world that he was an NFL tight end and this was a conversation between him and his new coach, in which the coach leaked for defending the defections of the previous coaches players? Yeah... lets hang the bastard. :rolleyes:

I don't want to hang him. I just think he's a douche for walking into his new coach's office and proclaiming himself to be an NFL prototypical tight end.

In fact, I am pretty sure he was a douche about it or else PJ wouldn't have phrased that quote in such an unflattering way. He didn't even try to sugarcoat it.

I don't want to hang him. I just think he's a douche for walking into his new coach's office and proclaiming himself to be an NFL prototypical tight end.

In fact, I am pretty sure he was a douche about it or else PJ wouldn't have phrased that quote in such an unflattering way. He didn't even try to sugarcoat it.

Since when did CPJ sugarcoat anything?

You have no idea what the **** Peek said to CPJ so stop assuming that everyone here does. Peek could have very well met with PJ upon PJ's request and asked PJ if he stayed, how would he be used, and then in discussions, said "Well I think I have a pretty good shot at the NFL as I have prototypical size for NFL TE's and I'm not sure how being in this offense is going to help me reach that goal." Which isn't going into his office and proclaiming it.

In fact, I would be willing to bet that's how the conversation went because why would anyone go in and start making demands. He needs PJ to sign off on his transfer paperwork, and pissing off the coach isn't going to win you any favors.

You guys are being retarded.

He does not typically call out individual players publicly.

what coach do you know? He has called out several players for not performing up to their standards. He flat out yelled at Jamal Evans in the spring practice that he was going to run him out of his program, and he did.

I'm not saying PJ is in the wrong either, but he does tell you like it is, regardless of the situation. Last year he made statements about Dwyer being heavy. He called out Sims' lack of effort in Fall practice last year.

So yes, he does call out players publicly.

What you are forgetting is you and everyone else knocking Peek have FAILED miserably to put the quote PJ made about Peek into context, because had you done that, its pretty easy to see why he said it.

First off, does anyone remember the POS cWR coach under Gailey? When Gailey was fired, he was retained until the new coach was named. When they named PJ as coach, this guy went on a last ditch effort to ruin PJ's chances with the current players and recruits. He persoanlly had a lot to do with souring PJ with a lot of players, and he ran Chris Jackson off to Bama. One of those players was Peek.

Colin Peek was being interviewed by an Alabama paper and they were discussing his transfer from GT and asked him specifically about GT. Colin said something to the effect of, "Well, they wanted me to play receiver!" Which was what our former WR coach under Gailey was telling Peek, not PJ. Did Peek kind of act like a douche about it? Sure he did, but not to any extraordinary extent where our fanbase should be pissed at him.

After that statement, the AJC and all the ATL radio stations were doing bits on Paul Johnson having defections and basically trying to create a story that didn't exist. So Paul Johnson in defending that he wasn't having a complete meltdown of taking over another coaches teams, fired back with several comments, one being the Colin Peek comment. He was pissed that these dirtbags at the AJC and the radio stations were trying to make a story out of nothing. It had nothing to do with Peek.

And of course our entire overly sensitive fan base held it against Colin Peek that he would say such things to PJ! How dare he!

Give me a break, Peek was a TE and PJ's offense doesn't have TE's. Again... why are you pissed about it?

Here is the quote he said to the Bama blog:

FAN SUPPORT: What did Peek love most about playing for Alabama?
The school's fan support.
"We love them to death," Peek said. "They're fanatics and they're fanatical, and that's why I love them. I came from Georgia Tech, where - you know, no hating - but they had fair-weather fans. Unless they had a big game, they really didn't want to show up. ... That's why I love this place so much. It has so much heritage and tradition. They almost live and die with you every Saturday. And that's why you love them to death. At the end of the day, we almost want to win those games as much for them."

http://blog.al.com/bamabeat/2010/01/news_and_notes_from_uas_celebr.html

I guess I can't really say I disagree?:ugh:

andrew and BOR and Peek, sitting in a tree....

Ish, you said you knew Peek and he was a prick. Many athletes at GT were arrogant pricks in their day. Matt Harpring was not very well thought about as a person when I was in school and many people I know said the same about him.

If a kid goes off to play at another school because his position isn't part of our offense, prick or not, Im not holding it against him. Many athletes are arrogant and actually graduated from GT. ****ing surprise!!!

A lot of ST posters are taking the Kim Jong-Il approach to former players, don't ever say anything that could ever, possibly be construed as negative about Tech or else. The (true) comment about Tech fans not filling out the stadium for lesser games is true to anybody who will watch the South Carolina State game. Then, through telephone, it becomes "he bashed the players, the coach, the fans, the cheerleaders," yet nobody provides more quotes.

I guess his other crime was saying he was an "NFL tight-end." He didn't say that, he just said that he fitted the mold for a tight-end much more than whatever CPJ could have used him for, and had to develop in a more traditional offense.

Peek may or may not be a prick, but it shows how insecure Tech fans can be when anybody says anything negative at all about Tech.

Ish, you said you knew Peek and he was a prick. Many athletes at GT were arrogant pricks in their day. Matt Harpring was not very well thought about as a person when I was in school and many people I know said the same about him.

If a kid goes off to play at another school because his position isn't part of our offense, prick or not, Im not holding it against him. Many athletes are arrogant and actually graduated from GT. ****ing surprise!!!
Oh I know. I'm just giving you a hard time.

Truth be told I don't care one way or the other about Colin Peek. He moved on and did what he thought was best for him. And he got a national championship as a result.

He still was totally out of line when he took a shot at GT completely unprovoked. I think it's funny when people defend him for that.

Not a fan of Peek - no great hate either. If he thinks Georgia Tech fans are harder to get along with than Bama fans when you lose - he's crazy. He also did not appreciate the Tech fan base, in my opinion. We are an engineering school, small for a BCS school, with a scattered alumni base. We have precious few fans that are loyal to us without having direct ties to the school. (And,we need to be more appreciative of the ones we do have). But, I believe there is definitely a loyal fan base at Georgia Tech. I am happy for him to be a Crimson Tide man from here on out. He just better be glad he beat Aiuburn while he was there.

Who is more pathetic? Him, or some douche bag posting on a message board taking a stab at a 23 year old who was pursuing his NFL dream and left our team because.... news flash... we don't have Tight Ends?

Why is this worthy of a wise crack? Kid did the smart thing for him by transfering which was completely supported by Paul Johnson, and yet, you're mad about it?

Exactly.

Peek played a pivotal role on a national championship team.

I don't see the point of bashing the kid. We wouldn't have used him in CPJ's scheme.

Many athletes at GT were arrogant pricks in their day. Matt Harpring was not very well thought about as a person when I was in school and many people I know said the same about him.

A season ticket buddy of mine flat out hates Matt Harpring. So yeah...I've heard the same things.

Back