"I am an NFL Tight End..."

How many times do we have to rehash this same freaking topic. The kid is a douche not because he left Tech but because of what he said after he left. He took a shot at the fans, the school, the system, and the coach... all in the ajc. CPJ has called him out as a liar. The kid went into the office said I'm an NFL TE. CPJ gave him his release. The kid wanted CPJ to to say they would change the offense to use him but said CPj only wanted to him to lose weight or gain weight. Said CPJ just drew out a bunch of plays that showed him doing nothing but blocking as a receiver. Things CPJ said never happened when asked in the AJC.

So yeah, I could care less when some 23 yo spoiled lawyer's "kid" gets cut. He needed to transfer, he didn't need to be an asshat about it after he left.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Please let me know when you have anegative experience in your life so I can laugh at you too. Dog dies? Laid off from your job?
nelson_haha_simpsons.gif

You'll be the first to know s***head.

Obviously you couldn't, because the manner in which you dug this up and posted this topic is grade A d-baggery.

I didn't dig anything up, this is fresh news...today in fact. I was just adding my opinion along with it. If you don't like it, say your piece and don't open the thready anymore.

The time for soapy discussions and personal attacks will soon be at an end.

And the football gods will rain down sweet honey from the heavens. Yes, Football. The sport of kings. Better than diamond rings.
3 agonizing weeks until rapture.

I still don't care. He made fun of our fanbase. You can try to defend what he said if you want, but his intent was clear. At least if he had stayed here and tried to find a position to play like some of our other players did, he could have a good degree to use.

Also, to make it clear, I don't care that he left. We did quite fine without him, and I'm sure he enjoyed winning an MNC at Alabama.

I still don't care. He made fun of our fanbase. You can try to defend what he said if you want, but his intent was clear. At least if he had stayed here and tried to find a position to play like some of our other players did, he could have a good degree to use.

Also, to make it clear, I don't care that he left. We did quite fine without him, and I'm sure he enjoyed winning an MNC at Alabama.

I'm pretty sure his intent was to pander to Alabama fans since it was an Alabama blog interviewing him.

Well I am done. I have said my piece. Some don't like it, some agree.
?
Now...I think Tebow is getting ready make his debut....anybody else curious to see it? I wish BeBe could have made the game.

Just for fun... go find that quote.

PJ said it an interview with ACC Sports Journal just a few weeks ago, I believe. It appears it's only available to read for subscribers now, though, and I'm too lazy to register for a 30-day free trial and find PJ's exact statement. He was referencing (without naming) players who had left the program since his arrival and he said something to the effect of "one guy told me he was a prototypical NFL tight end and needed to leave".

Peek's biggest crime wasn't making a little negative comment about Tech when trying to make a positive comment about Alabama--it was going to Alabama in the first place. He could've gone anywhere else to fail at becoming an NFL player. Alabama is a **** school with trailer-trash fans and criminal players, closest thing I know to UGA. What other school has more bandwagon fans that never even went there. We only don't hate them as much as a VT or Miami because we don't play them.

Re Peek's comment:
More fans show up for Alabama's games, but I'm not sure they're fans I would want to share a stadium with.

i don't like to see anyone's dreams crushed, but i'm not going to be rooting for him or caring one way or the other.

as for the quote, that was an unnecessary thing to say on his part.

as for the truth of the quote, see post above mine. it pretty much nails it.

And the football gods will rain down sweet honey from the heavens. Yes, Football. The sport of kings. Better than diamond rings.
3 agonizing weeks until rapture.

You did NOT just reference the movie "Wildcats!" :biggthumpup:

I love that movie! Nicely done!

Back