"I am an NFL Tight End..."

Oh I know. I'm just giving you a hard time.

Truth be told I don't care one way or the other about Colin Peek. He moved on and did what he thought was best for him. And he got a national championship as a result.

He still was totally out of line when he took a shot at GT completely unprovoked. I think it's funny when people defend him for that.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending Peek. I didn't like that either. But I think making fun of him at this point is ridiculously petty.

You have no idea what the **** Peek said to CPJ so stop assuming that everyone here does. Peek could have very well met with PJ upon PJ's request and asked PJ if he stayed, how would he be used, and then in discussions, said "Well I think I have a pretty good shot at the NFL as I have prototypical size for NFL TE's and I'm not sure how being in this offense is going to help me reach that goal." Which isn't going into his office and proclaiming it.

In fact, I would be willing to bet that's how the conversation went because why would anyone go in and start making demands. He needs PJ to sign off on his transfer paperwork, and pissing off the coach isn't going to win you any favors.

You guys are being retarded.

Interesting how you tell me to stop assuming how the conversation went, then you go on to assume how it went yourself.

I do not claim to know how the conversation went. But the fact that PJ called out Peek specifically in regards to the multiple transfers upon his arrival leads me to the conclusion that PJ wasn't happy about the way Peek handled it.

Again, I do not fault Peek for having NFL aspirations. But the way PJ recalled the conversation was not flattering to Peek.

what coach do you know? He has called out several players for not performing up to their standards. He flat out yelled at Jamal Evans in the spring practice that he was going to run him out of his program, and he did.

I'm not saying PJ is in the wrong either, but he does tell you like it is, regardless of the situation. Last year he made statements about Dwyer being heavy. He called out Sims' lack of effort in Fall practice last year.

So yes, he does call out players publicly.

What you are forgetting is you and everyone else knocking Peek have FAILED miserably to put the quote PJ made about Peek into context, because had you done that, its pretty easy to see why he said it.

First off, does anyone remember the POS cWR coach under Gailey? When Gailey was fired, he was retained until the new coach was named. When they named PJ as coach, this guy went on a last ditch effort to ruin PJ's chances with the current players and recruits. He persoanlly had a lot to do with souring PJ with a lot of players, and he ran Chris Jackson off to Bama. One of those players was Peek.

Colin Peek was being interviewed by an Alabama paper and they were discussing his transfer from GT and asked him specifically about GT. Colin said something to the effect of, "Well, they wanted me to play receiver!" Which was what our former WR coach under Gailey was telling Peek, not PJ. Did Peek kind of act like a douche about it? Sure he did, but not to any extraordinary extent where our fanbase should be pissed at him.

From what I've seen, the only time PJ calls out individual players, it's due to lack of effort. He does not air personal **** in the media.

I am not pissed off at Peek nor do I wish for his failure. But I think he is a douche and I derive a bit of amusement from the self-proclaimed NFL tight end flaming out before even playing an NFL snap.

Again, I do not fault Peek for having NFL aspirations. But the way PJ recalled the conversation was not flattering to Peek.

Let's see - PJ talking to Peek. No arrogance or ego on either side of that conversation :eek5::rotfl:

I think the issue with Peek is that he is no longer our arrogant SOB :laugher:

On the subject of GT's fanbase -- the problem with the fanbase is that it's a LOT smaller. Not that the die-hard fans are less passionate. In fact the most die hard GT fans are in my opinion MORE passionate. We have to be, because there aren't that many of us.

GT has well over half of Bama's stadium but probably not a quarter of their fanbase. If you gave Bama 200,000 seats, their attendance would also vary greatly by how big the game is.
While they're full for every game now, there is still a HUGE difference in the demand for LSU/Auburn/UT tickets and for patsies like GSU.

There's also a big difference in fan passion under Saban compared to Shula. At the 2006 Bama-MSU game there were plenty of students wearing aluminum camo. The difference between GT under Johnson under his fired predecessor is somewhat similar, but Peek wouldn't know that, b/c he was only here under Gailey.

I never flamed him for leaving--his reason was valid--sad to see him having problems at the next level.

"It's about quality, not quantity." Homer Rice

that means Idaho must have the most die-hard fanbase in all of college football for not defecting to a program people have actually heard of from their state.

From what I've seen, the only time PJ calls out individual players, it's due to lack of effort. He does not air personal **** in the media.

I am not pissed off at Peek nor do I wish for his failure. But I think he is a douche and I derive a bit of amusement from the self-proclaimed NFL tight end flaming out before even playing an NFL snap.
You do realize this doesn't mean he won't have an NFL career.....right?

Back