I have some more coaching news

aeromech

Dodd-Like
Disagree completely. IMO a big reason for what happened was they bailed on the run. They had Clemson’s D on the ropes several times and gave them a chance by continuing to let Tua screw up or make some bizarre play call. Loved seeing it but they were clicking along at 5+ yp carry when they gave it to their backs.
Bama averaged 4 yards per carry, not 5+. They averaged a lot less than that inside the red zone. OL was not the reason Bama lost; but it wasn't as if they had a better night than any other Bama unit.

aeromech

Dodd-Like
This Bama defense is different from years past bc they lacked that true pass rusher this season and couldn’t get home with 4. That was the big difference in the game. I believe we put more pressure on Lawrence lol. Cleanest jersey I’ve ever seen
We didn't quit midway through the 3rd quarter like Bama did either.

GoGATech

Big Dummy
Disagree completely. IMO a big reason for what happened was they bailed on the run. They had Clemson’s D on the ropes several times and gave them a chance by continuing to let Tua screw up or make some bizarre play call. Loved seeing it but they were clicking along at 5+ yp carry when they gave it to their backs.
Not only the run, but bailed on everything that was working. The slant that ate OU up last week was open, just Clemmon's DB's were in better position to make tackles in space and kept them to 5-6 yd plays instead of 15-20 yd. No need to go away from that just because you aren't getting the big chunk plays you're used to. If it's making positive yardage, keep doing it. I thought the OL played well last night for Bama against that stout DL. Clemson's DL did outperform Bama's OL overall in my opinion, but that's the best DL in college football and one of the best I've seen as a unit. Bama's coaching, mostly OC, is what failed last night. Maryland should be thrilled. :biggrin: Here's hoping we do indeed get Key in here and he comes for revenge against Clemmons week 1.

GoGATech

Big Dummy
We didn't quit midway through the 3rd quarter like Bama did either.
This too. Clemson did not play one down of what I would consider "aggressive" offense the entire 4th quarter. They were content with running, killing clock, punting a couple times if needed, and Bama still couldn't/wouldn't stop them.

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
This Bama defense is different from years past bc they lacked that true pass rusher this season and couldn’t get home with 4. That was the big difference in the game. I believe we put more pressure on Lawrence lol. Cleanest jersey I’ve ever seen
Lot of truth to that.

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
He sure was, i am crying no tears for Alabama but, no stability on staff is hurting Alabama. That said Clemson was a much better team
Part of that is probably cause Saban is an asshole and Dabo is not. Can you imagine the difference in working for those two?

ElCidBUZZingFAN

Dodd-Like
I found myself after the game thinking how much Bama's D this year resembled a Super Sized (and much, much better yet still quite similar) 2014 Tech defense. Giving up a billion yards between the 20s and then either get a stop for FGs or create TOs.

Meanwhile, coupled with a historic offense.

JOJATK

Flats Noob
Part of that is probably cause Saban is an asshole and Dabo is not. Can you imagine the difference in working for those two?
Here's an interesting article that, I think, uses more words to say exactly the same thing you just did. What's interesting about it is that it comes from alabama.com (owns several newspapers and, notably, SEC Shorts... if you haven't seen SEC Shorts you must look it up immediately as they are hysterically funny): https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/...-opposite-of-alabama-with-staff-turnover.html

ncjacket

Dodd-Like
Bama averaged 4 yards per carry, not 5+. They averaged a lot less than that inside the red zone. OL was not the reason Bama lost; but it wasn't as if they had a better night than any other Bama unit.
Look at what their RBs gained. They were gashing the Clemson D but they kept going away from it.

Techbert

Dodd-Like
I'm thinking that with this release today, we may not hear the official word on Key until tomorrow or Thursday.
Irrelevant. Key would get his own SWAG.

Still, I think he'll fly into Atlanta. Dunno if he will stop home first.

GoGATech

Big Dummy
Irrelevant. Key would get his own SWAG.

Still, I think he'll fly into Atlanta. Dunno if he will stop home first.
This is my point. I think CGC is trying to give these guys their own spotlight to shine in for a day or two, hence the day or 2 between each press release.

Semore was already with the coaching staff on Jan 4th at TopGolf and Jan 5th at the MBB game, so why hasn't it been announced until today?