I have some more coaching news

Vespidie

Dodd-Like
Someone please explain how oversigning above 85 works. Meaning, what happens if we sign 90 & we don’t get the attrition we’re expecting?
Probably like a a shell game, where you scramble the various players around and put a random jersey number on 'em to keep the other side guessing.

GTCrew4b

NIL Supporter Strictly On Capitalist Grounds
Someone please explain how oversigning above 85 works. Meaning, what happens if we sign 90 & we don’t get the attrition we’re expecting?
I’m under the impression that athletic scholarships are renewed year to year so you would take the least deserving members of your team and ask them to pay their way through school that year.

Vespidie

Dodd-Like
Well I hope the coaches aren't just sitting their holding the ship until signing day. Anyone that did not sign early is clearly not 100% committed. That's not oversigning

So true, and we must remember that the wait and see game works both ways. If an offer is presented, and the offered fails to take advantage in a timely manner, then the offer becomes fair game for someone else.

thwg

Damn Good Rat
Is big news = good news?
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I am very excited but based on the posts of the last two weeks, I assume several/many will not be thrilled.

I did not do message boards for the last 7-8 years. I had no idea there were so many people who loved where GT football was. My experience away from message boards is very diffferent than this forum. So, if you don’t like the CGC hire, then you probably won’t like the staff. If you like/love the CGC hire, you will like/love the staff.

Literally every GT fan I know offline is very excited about the future and CGC.

thwg

Damn Good Rat
He is waiting for Quinlan to put out some info.
I doubt he has very good info. I don’t think he knows Collins much at all. I knew about Collins being hired the day PJ announced he was retiring. I knew about Choice the same day. I’m not sure the GT writers even knew Collins was a possibility.

33 Jacket here knows more than me at this point. And more than any of the other “professionals.”

gtfan088

Dodd-Like
I assume we will learn officially tomorrow which Temple coaches are coming? And Brent Key whenever Bama's season finishes up?

Godsey still in play?

thwg

Damn Good Rat
I assume we will learn officially tomorrow which Temple coaches are coming? And Brent Key whenever Bama's season finishes up?
If what you wrote is true, that is still not the entire staff. Don’t assume just college coaches. I’m going on sabbatical.

gtfan088

Dodd-Like
If what you wrote is true, that is still not the entire staff. Don’t assume just college coaches. I’m going on sabbatical.
I was asking. I certainly don't know anything for sure. I also added a question about Godsey after I remembered the NFL season ends this weekend.