"I quit counting after 10"

no one has ever died from an overdose of marijuana nor is there any established link to physical dependency on marijuana for even chronic users. clearly there is a psychological addiction, but the abuse of alcohol and prescription medications (from both a public expense and health issue) makes marijuana seem pretty innocuous in comparison and the amount of money put into "fighting it" in the US by the government has been not only a massive waste of time and resources but belies the fact that there are established medical benefits that are even simulated in legal prescription drugs (cannabinol) produced by the pharma industry.

those who demonize pot are silly and imo have not studied the facts that are available

You can overdose from synthetic marijuana, which might have been what honey badger was doing anyway.

since marijuana grows in the ground "synthetic" marijuana makes no sense. i see your point regarding it might be that the dude was smoking "some chemical bs sprayed on top of some plant to make it look like it might be weed" but lets be clear that it is "some chemical bs sprayed onto some plant matter" and that it is NOT marijuana (although i guess it contains some cannabinoids along with other crap)

marinol, with active ingredient "dronabinol", is the pharma "synthetic" THC version and is produced in sesame oil. more side effects, less effective, and more costly than the plant but hey, at least big pharma and insurance/healthcare get their cash (Bush Sr was a major stock holder in the pharma that produced marinol while he was fighting the drug war -- not said to imply that he was knowingly acting nefarious, just offered for the irony of it)

big g gang tryin' to keep a brotha down

Yeah but how does the conversation go when there kid FINALLY gets kicked out of school, or gets arrested for drug possesion, or ends up ODing?

I dont know....I understand a 3 strikes and your out system. But this seems like blatant disregard for a humans well being if you are telling a teenager,"yeah go ahead and smoke that, it won't matter"

Some parents don't care and some do it with their kids. It's illegal, and bad for that reason, but as others have stated, it's actually better for you than cigarettes or drinking. I'm not a fan of pot, mainly due to the legality of it, but God put it here not us...so I'm not in the camp of those acting like its a "drug problem". It calls his morals into question because its illegal, but if you take the stance that it shouldn't be illegal in the first place, then it's easy to convince yourself that there is nothing wrong with it.

Who cares if he smokes pot? Most college football players do. It obviously didn't affect his performance on the field. The guy is a beast and I wish the falcons could somehow get him.

+1
Performance on a football field has nothing and I mean...absolutely nothing...to do with smoking pot or not smoking pot.

If he skips practice or takes plays off because of smoking pot, there's the problem. But, to think that, just because you fail a drug test, you somehow become less of a football player, I don't think so.

+1
Performance on a football field has nothing and I mean...absolutely nothing...to do with smoking pot or not smoking pot.

If he skips practice or takes plays off because of smoking pot, there's the problem. But, to think that, just because you fail a drug test, you somehow become less of a football player, I don't think so.

I think your lungs and therefore performance would be better off without smoking a ton of pot...

Some parents don't care and some do it with their kids. It's illegal, and bad for that reason, but as others have stated, it's actually better for you than cigarettes or drinking. I'm not a fan of pot, mainly due to the legality of it, but God put it here not us...so I'm not in the camp of those acting like its a "drug problem". It calls his morals into question because its illegal, but if you take the stance that it shouldn't be illegal in the first place, then it's easy to convince yourself that there is nothing wrong with it.

I'm not getting into a discussion of whether or not pot is bad for you...I'm talking about a acedemic institution's responsibility for their AA's. If it is illegal....shouldn't the authorities be concerned that a public institution is practically promoting the illegal use of a banned substance?

The "illegal" argument holds absolutely ZERO weight. Women voting used to be illegal too. So did alcohol. It is legal in 2 states already and will be legal in most states in 20 years at most. The honey badger is gonna be a steal for whatever NFL team picks him

The "illegal" argument holds absolutely ZERO weight. Women voting used to be illegal too. So did alcohol. It is legal in 2 states already and will be legal in most states in 20 years at most. The honey badger is gonna be a steal for whatever NFL team picks him

It's illegal now....which is all that matters.

To the other poster above, yes...LSU letting him fail 10 + tests and taking no action should raise eyebrows..if for no other reason, it seems to negate the point of administering said test. Would they give the 3rd string long snapper 10+ tries? Why are they administering the test if they aren't taking action based on the results?

If he is kicked off based on team rules, you'd hope team rules don't say 12 strikes you're out...but then you'd also worry about a judge telling you that he can sue you for damages (taking away his NFL auditioning) if you bench him. Sounds crazy as hell but it worked for Rueben Houston some how.

In other words...money talks.

As far as the NFL is concerned...I seriously doubt his habit would be the worst thing going on in the locker room of whatever team drafts him. Is he stupid enough to get caught and miss games? Other than not obeying the law and that bringing his character or priorities into question...I say draft him. He comes with baggage but I'm betting he goes higher than projected... Probably second day.

Of course it holds weight. Maybe not morally, but from an NFL team's perspective. All things equal, you'd much rather have someone who's not doing illegal things that someone who is (and who apparently isn't very good at hiding it.)

no one has ever died from an overdose of marijuana nor is there any established link to physical dependency on marijuana for even chronic users. clearly there is a psychological addiction, but the abuse of alcohol and prescription medications (from both a public expense and health issue) makes marijuana seem pretty innocuous in comparison and the amount of money put into "fighting it" in the US by the government has been not only a massive waste of time and resources but belies the fact that there are established medical benefits that are even simulated in legal prescription drugs (cannabinol) produced by the pharma industry.

those who demonize pot are silly and imo have not studied the facts that are available

Is it ok if I demonize the hipster culture that most potheads live by? Oh and was he not smoking synthetic marijuana? That stuff does kill.

The worst part about marijuana is that it is illegal and and is a schedule I classified drug, supposedly as dangerous as heroine. It has numerous medical benefits and it not nearly as harmful as many legal prescription drugs and alcohol. A system of taxation and regulation is the way to go in regards to marijuana. It's ridiculous to waste time and money on nonviolent people who use marijuana. 52% of the country favor the legalization of marijuana and hopefully it will be a matter of time before we can put this senseless prohibition behind us.

The worst part about marijuana is that it is illegal and and is a schedule I classified drug, supposedly as dangerous as heroine. It has numerous medical benefits and it not nearly as harmful as many legal prescription drugs and alcohol. A system of taxation and regulation is the way to go in regards to marijuana. It's ridiculous to waste time and money on nonviolent people who use marijuana. 52% of the country favor the legalization of marijuana and hopefully it will be a matter of time before we can put this senseless prohibition behind us.

:biggthumpup: couldn't have said it better myself.

I'm not getting into a discussion of whether or not pot is bad for you...I'm talking about a acedemic institution's responsibility for their AA's. If it is illegal....shouldn't the authorities be concerned that a public institution is practically promoting the illegal use of a banned substance?

Pretty much this.

in before "ours go to 11"

spinal_tap.jpg

...(Bush Sr was a major stock holder in the pharma that produced marinol while he was fighting the drug war -- not said to imply that he was knowingly acting nefarious, just offered for the irony of it)

Stay out uh 'da bushes.

Back