i see things havent changed that much

So you went straight from Turkey to college?

Yup.

I asked one of our english teachers in middle school once what the word meant and why it's not used. The guy was from Minnesota, nicest teacher ever. He got really red in the face, didn't know what to really say other than "well it's just a bad worse, like a curse, so we never use it, don't ever say it to anyone else."

Yup.

I asked one of our english teachers in middle school once what the word meant and why it's not used. The guy was from Minnesota, nicest teacher ever. He got really red in the face, didn't know what to really say other than "well it's just a bad worse, like a curse, so we never use it, don't ever say it to anyone else."

dont_you_say_that_billy_madison.gif

All I know about SAE was that they were kicked off Tech campus at during my undergrad. They their pledges bob for apples in a tub with increasingly nasty stuff until someone added lye. Alls fun until someone burns their eyes out.

The best was when the Betas hooked a chain to the lion in their front yard and then pulled the thing out of the ground with a big truck.

It was awesome!!

Some of the SAE little sisters even cried. The DadiDas even provided aerial cover and the ATOs provided shelter and free beers

SAEs, bringing the world together

fraternities are safe havens for sexual assault, rape and racism. white people who involve themselves in them are gross. i honestly do believe the benefits they claim of them (networking, philanthropy, etc.) is just a giant cover up for the mentioned things they do. evil öööös

:lol:

white people should be able to sing songs about stringing up öööööös without fear of repercussion!

Don't worry, was just a joke comment inspired by a British TV show (Peep Show).

Although in seriousness I think sometimes racist words like in the video come from a place of humor and not of hate. Probably those guys really are racists to an extent, but I'd guess humor was the main motivation for the chant. Coming up in the south my friends and I would make racist or anti-gay jokes in private sometimes. Most of us weren't actually racist but it was funny in part because it was stuff you weren't supposed to say.

power

fraternities are safe havens for sexual assault, rape and racism. white people who involve themselves in them are gross. i honestly do believe the benefits they claim of them (networking, philanthropy, etc.) is just a giant cover up for the mentioned things they do. evil öööös

What about black people who involve themselves in them?

Don't worry, was just a joke comment inspired by a British TV show (Peep Show).

Although in seriousness I think sometimes racist words like in the video come from a place of humor and not of hate. Probably those guys really are racists to an extent, but I'd guess humor was the main motivation for the chant. Coming up in the south my friends and I would make racist or anti-gay jokes in private sometimes. Most of us weren't actually racist but it was funny in part because it was stuff you weren't supposed to say.

power

Crap, I agree with a Zulu post.

Who slipped me the Mickey?

The best was when the Betas hooked a chain to the lion in their front yard and then pulled the thing out of the ground with a big truck.

It was awesome!!

Some of the SAE little sisters even cried. The DadiDas even provided aerial cover and the ATOs provided shelter and free beers

SAEs, bringing the world together

Yes, SAE is universally hated. I didnt realize the ATOs hated them too, though. I thought those two were in bed together?

Are you trolling or socially retarded?

when i was at Tech there were two fraternities on campus that had it written into their charters to not allow black people

neither of them were KA

how do i know? because one evening we stole our Presidents keys who was also the head of the IFC and we entered their offices and read them

yeah, we broke all kinds of laws that night. alcohol was also involved

So the IFC, which has to report to the Dean of Students or whomever, keeps a copy of the charter for each fraternity that specifically calls out discrimination. Nobody from that office says anything about it, it never gets brought up, and yet you're able to track down this information while hammered in the middle of the night?

Seems 100% true.

I was in a fraternity, I would say there were racist members and not racist members. To me the percentages were similar to what I saw on campus both inside and outside other fraternities, although I think some of the houses had a higher concentration of racism.

Back