Identity

This is what players like. He is not doing this for the self hating Tech nerd who whines and bitches about every little thing. He is doing it to attract 17 y/o athletes who want to have fun then play in the NFL.

This is what players like. He is not doing this for the self hating Tech nerd who whines and bitches about every little thing. He is doing it to attract 17 y/o athletes who want to WIN, have fun, then play in the NFL.

(please accept my edit)

100000000% this. I’m so happy we hired a guy half the age of most of you whiny ass “ERRRRMUUUUHHHHGERRRD NOT NAVY” grumpy turds. Be the juice or gtfo
You like the juice? The juice is good? I get you some more juice

giphy.gif

I can already tell that the Option First; Tech Second (on this board hereinafter “OF;TS”) crowd is going to be an issue for a while.
There is one post about this. There were several hundreds against the option and the fact that this staff is looking more and more like a reunion of old players tells me that this is their attempt to “save GT” from being an option school. Makes you realize that the animosity towards the option was just as prevalent internally and amongst the influencers as it was externally. Hence why he retired.

There is one post about this. There were several hundreds against the option and the fact that this staff is looking more and more like a reunion of old players tells me that this is their attempt to “save GT” from being an option school. Makes you realize that the animosity towards the option was just as prevalent internally and amongst the influencers as it was externally. Hence why he retired.
Yeah, I was kinda surprised to hear how much pre-CPJ players disliked the option or whatever. What the heck is wrong with everybody? Who cares what scheme we run? "Just win baby"

Yeah, I was kinda surprised to hear how much pre-CPJ players disliked the option or whatever. What the heck is wrong with everybody? Who cares what scheme we run? "Just win baby"
It’s a strike against their ego. The reason given for having to run the option was a lack of talent...well they’re forever part of that lack of talent. They don’t like being labeled like that. And I don’t blame them. I wouldn’t either.

It’s a strike against their ego. The reason given for having to run the option was a lack of talent...well they’re forever part of that lack of talent. They don’t like being labeled like that. And I don’t blame them. I wouldn’t either.
It's not like they're unaware of their win-loss record. Was it Chan's fault? Was it their fault? I don't like this blame shifting.

This is what players like. He is not doing this for the self hating Tech nerd who whines and bitches about every little thing. He is doing it to attract 17 y/o athletes who want to have fun then play in the NFL.

Whether it's what the players like or not, I have a sense it will engage the students as well.

It wouldn't surprise me if we could get a quarter of the South End Zone to show up like the 501st Legion for Whiteout Day.

1.jpg

Whether it's what the players like or not, I have a sense it will engage the students as well.

It wouldn't surprise me if we could get a quarter of the South End Zone to show up like the 501st Legion for Whiteout Day.

1.jpg

Like to see this in W/G/B plaid.

Yeah, clearly the option was a strike on Calvin Johnson’s ego who is insecure about his talent.

WTF is this öööö. The reason they don’t like the option is the reason the vast majority of CFB recruits don’t like the option. They think it’s boring, and they wouldn’t want to play in it. And it doesn’t provide them with a pathway to the NFL. It almost certainly has nothing to do with the armchair psychology öööö that you’re suggesting.

Or, and this may seem like a reach to you, they didn't think the offense was the key to long term success. Hint; it's about branding.

It's not like they're unaware of their win-loss record. Was it Chan's fault? Was it their fault? I don't like this blame shifting.
Isn't CPJ sitting on an equivalent win % to Chan? I'm not saying he didn't have more success, but that's an odd statement.

Back