Identity

Isn't CPJ sitting on an equivalent win % to Chan? I'm not saying he didn't have more success, but that's an odd statement.

Yes.

https://www.fromtherumbleseat.com/2018/12/6/18128079/rearview-mirror-historical-head-coaches-georgia-tech-national-champions-chan-dodd-oleary-curry-ross said:
John Heisman 1904-19 (16) 102-29-7 0.764
William Alexander 1920-44 (25) 134-95-15 0.580
Bobby Dodd 1945-66 (22) 165-64-8 0.713
Bud Carson 1967-71 (5) 27-27 0.500
Bill Fulcher 1972-73 (2) 12-10-1 0.543
Pepper Rodgers 1974-79 (6) 34-31-2 0.522
Bill Curry 1980-86 (7) 31-43-4 0.423
Bobby Ross 1987-91 (5) 31-26-1 0.543
Bill Lewis 1992-94 (3) 11-19 0.367
George O’Leary 1994-2001 (7) 52-30 0.634
Chan Gailey 2002-07 (6) 44-32 0.579
Paul Johnson 2008-18 (11) 83-60 0.580

Trading the best rushing offensive team for this:
32F9C751-B265-4532-A11B-11965BC95401.jpeg

Yay. 3-9 incoming. Big cries.

New avatar for the OP:
3887802120_1d5e1f7575.jpg

i don't trust any coach that's fat. if a coach isn't disciplined enough to keep his own health in check then i don't know how you can expect him to have a strong, consistent disciplined team. show me the last coach that won a national championship that was fat.

good luck.

A couple of you hinted that I was “option first” or “didn’t want GT to do well” that’s not true. It’s more of I’m not super excited that we are going to be trying the same things everyone else does with lesser talent and expect better results. Makes me anxious. And I posted a thread earlier this season, being thankful for how we didn’t have purses, lunchboxes, or dildo shoulder pads on the sideline. And most of you agreed. Now we’re dressing up in ööööing Star Wars costumes. Holding stupid signs, like half of the other schools.

i don't trust any coach that's fat. if a coach isn't disciplined enough to keep his own health in check then i don't know how you can expect him to have a strong, consistent disciplined team. show me the last coach that won a national championship that was fat.

good luck.

Fulmer

I sat through every play of a game 14 days ago in Athens. That was the best rushing offensive team? in what? Going backwards? on 4th and 20? That sucked.
I sat through 3 quarters and had more than my fill.

A couple of you hinted that I was “option first” or “didn’t want GT to do well” that’s not true. It’s more of I’m not super excited that we are going to be trying the same things everyone else does with lesser talent and expect better results. Makes me anxious. And I posted a thread earlier this season, being thankful for how we didn’t have purses, lunchboxes, or dildo shoulder pads on the sideline. And most of you agreed. Now we’re dressing up in ööööing Star Wars costumes. Holding stupid signs, like half of the other schools.
We aren't going to be trying to do the same as our competition with lesser talent. We are going to fundamentally change the way that we recruit so that we can have better athletes on the team. It would not surprise me if Coach Collins' very first class was better than any of CPJ's classes.

The 10 or 15 3O guys on the various GT boards would not have been happy until they were the only ones in the stadium for GT football games.

BTW, I am one of the grumpy old turds, but I have seen all the Bback dives and AB keepers I can stomach.

I sat through every play of a game 14 days ago in Athens. That was the best rushing offensive team? in what? Going backwards? on 4th and 20? That sucked.
Exactly. What he said. We can't play Louisville 12 times.

The idea is to upgrade the talent. We aren't going to outrecruit Clemson and the dwags, but there was a time not long ago that we weren't clearly inferior athletically to schools like NC State. Now it seems like we are at a deficit every week in conference games. The fact that PJ was able to win as many games as he did with this deficit says a lot about his coaching abilities, but I'm not convinced that this level of talent is simply the "reality" of Tech football. I've seen otherwise in the not-so-distant past.

Good coaching will still be important, and we just hired a coach who was nominated for the Broyles Award at several different stops. You don't even know what the offensive scheme and philosophy will be and you're already lumping it in with what "everyone else does." The majority of the media is looking on this hire very favorably, but you're certainly entitled to your opinion.

100000000% this. I’m so happy we hired a guy half the age of most of you whiny ass “ERRRRMUUUUHHHHGERRRD NOT NAVY” grumpy turds. Be the juice or gtfo

GT’s football coach, basketball coach, and the most recent SCOTUS appointee -all younger than me. Makes a guy stop and reflect.

Actually it is. YPG just as good as 2014. You act Surprised that we didn’t slug it out with UGa for 60 minutes or something. It sucks, but they are on a different level right now.

good luck.
There haven't been many not named Saban lately

Actually it is. YPG just as good as 2014. You act Surprised that we didn’t slug it out with UGa for 60 minutes or something. It sucks, but they are on a different level right now.

We also only passed the ball a few times a game. Any triple option team not ranked near the top in rushing yards per game has serious problems.

Back