If Tevin is the answer

Agreed....I think the job is Synjyn's to lose...unless Vad doesn't redshirt. I'm hoping he redshirts a year though!

Vad will RS. Synjyn will be the starter after the spring. He is a natural option QB. Looks the part - smooth and quick. Has a pretty good arm, too.

SYNJYN, I really like all the great plays he's made. He has lead us from behind all year long, he's the next Lil Joe/Billy Lothridge. Get real the guy has not played a down yet per most of you he's our savior. He very well maybe be the next Lil Joe/Billy Lothridge. But Until he proves it on the field he's just a QB in waiting.

SYNJYN, I really like all the great plays he's made. He has lead us from behind all year long, he's the next Lil Joe/Billy Lothridge. Get real the guy has not played a down yet per most of you he's our savior. He very well maybe be the next Lil Joe/Billy Lothridge. But Until he proves it on the field he's just a QB in waiting.

Who's saying he's the next Joe Hamilton or Billy Lothridge? All I said is he'll be the starter after spring. He's the best looking QB we have right now - however good that may be.

How do you know he's the best looking QB we have now? He may be but until he proves it on the field I'll take a wait and see attitude. Get real folks he hasn't played a down yet, so until then there is David Sims, Vad Lee coming in. Lets hope he is our next warrior but until I see him as I said I'll wait and see. It's different seeing a guy in practice and a guy under real game conditions. He may fold like yesterdays new paper or he may be the next savior, or he may be the next also ran.

GT will never develop an effective passing game with Washington's weak arm. He does other things fairly well though.

How do you know he's the best looking QB we have now? He may be but until he proves it on the field I'll take a wait and see attitude. Get real folks he hasn't played a down yet, so until then there is David Sims, Vad Lee coming in. Lets hope he is our next warrior but until I see him as I said I'll wait and see. It's different seeing a guy in practice and a guy under real game conditions. He may fold like yesterdays new paper or he may be the next savior, or he may be the next also ran.

I will tell you who is not our best looking QB. Tevin Washington. When push comes to shove he folds.

We had a chance to win the game on the final drive three times with Tevin. VT, UGA, and Air force. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THOSE DRIVES ENDED WITH AN INTERCEPTION!

If Tevin Washington is the starter next year it is a big indictment on our recruiting. Plain and simple.

I have to disagree regarding our next quarterback. If Synjyn was the best QB we currently have then he would have been playing by now. Maybe he will win the job next spring and fall but that has yet to be determined. I think Tevin was our next best option after Josh or the coaches would have tried Sims or even considered taking the redshirt off of Synjyn. I don't think Coach Johnson is a coach that plays for the future, he plays to win each week.

Having said that, I am concerned that Tevin just does not have the play making ability we need to excel in our offense. His 1 win 5 loss record is a strong indicator that he is not a difference maker. Hopefully he will progress to the point he becomes a difference maker. As for Sims, I think it is now apparent that the coaching staff does not see him as someone capable of running the offense at a level that would produce positive results, so I think his future will be at some other position if he decides to stay with it and be a team player. I had great hopes for Sims but at this point, I am left to speculate that he is not viewed as a starting QB by the current staff. Days is a bit of an unknown still but in reality if he was an awesome QB prospect, I think he would have been on the field by now. Lee is a raw talent but not someone that will walk in the door schooled in the intricacies of running the Paul Johnson offense.

Our offensive production is just too inconsistent right now. We have to find a QB that can make plays when we have to have them. That may or may not happen in 2011. I think that will dictate what kind of year we have in 2011, more so than any other variable.

Go Jackets!

I have to disagree regarding our next quarterback. If Synjyn was the best QB we currently have then he would have been playing by now. Maybe he will win the job next spring and fall but that has yet to be determined. I think Tevin was our next best option after Josh or the coaches would have tried Sims or even considered taking the redshirt off of Synjyn. I don't think Coach Johnson is a coach that plays for the future, he plays to win each week.

He may play to win each week, but it would be pretty foolish to burn a whole year of eligibility for 3 and a half games. That is what gives me hope that Synjyn really is the best QB.

Having said that, I am concerned that Tevin just does not have the play making ability we need to excel in our offense. His 1 win 5 loss record is a strong indicator that he is not a difference maker. Hopefully he will progress to the point he becomes a difference maker. As for Sims, I think it is now apparent that the coaching staff does not see him as someone capable of running the offense at a level that would produce positive results, so I think his future will be at some other position if he decides to stay with it and be a team player. I had great hopes for Sims but at this point, I am left to speculate that he is not viewed as a starting QB by the current staff. Days is a bit of an unknown still but in reality if he was an awesome QB prospect, I think he would have been on the field by now. Lee is a raw talent but not someone that will walk in the door schooled in the intricacies of running the Paul Johnson offense.

Our offensive production is just too inconsistent right now. We have to find a QB that can make plays when we have to have them. That may or may not happen in 2011. I think that will dictate what kind of year we have in 2011, more so than any other variable.

Go Jackets!
As we say in the country,you are on to something.

It's not his ability, it's his confidence/mindset. I don't think Tevin has what it take mentally to win close games when the pressure is on.

He's so worried about making mistakes that he makes them due to his hesitance to truly let go. He needs to understand that mistakes are part of life, and one has to be willing to make mistakes if he wants to get anywhere.

I don't care who the QB is, it would just be nice to have a QB-WR combo that could complete 50% of our passes.

Since Ball's first year how many times has that happened? 1 out of 8?

Yeah we aint ever getting another good WR unless our offensive style changes, sad but true.

We had a chance to win the game on the final drive three times with Tevin. VT, UGA, and Air force. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THOSE DRIVES ENDED WITH AN INTERCEPTION!

Yep... I bet everyone in the bar last night that he would throw a pick on that final drive.

This

Go Jackets!

Darn, guys! Read!

I said he's the best LOOKING QB we have. He was a FR and didn't know the system. Therefore he was NOT the best QB this fall. He will be this spring, IMO.

I'm so sure, I'll say "bank on it." If he's not then rag on me all you want.

How do I know? I saw him in action in the fall scrimmage. At that point, his smooth pitches, quick reads, strong running and pretty good passes showed me something I'd not seen in a Tech option QB since Danny Myers. I watched Myers, Allen, Lanier and Hardie for four years at Tech. Seen a lot of option ball on the Flats. Days reminded me of Danny Myers in the scrimmage I saw.

I have to disagree regarding our next quarterback. If Synjyn was the best QB we currently have then he would have been playing by now. .

I strongly disagree. Josh went down after most of the season was already over and it was not worth burning Synjyn's redshirt. Miami, remember, burned their backup's redshirt for Jacoby only because their non-redshirt backup was absolutely terrible. Tevin at least was serviceable and didn't lose games for us.

As far as running the option, Tevin is somewhat fast, but he isn't really a strong enough runner to make plays. His arm strength is somewhat poor and his accuracy is somewhat mediocre. This is all fine...for a backup. For the main role, Synjyn and then Lee will be stepping up.

Back