If Tevin is the answer

They should have thrown him on a sled and dragged his butt off the field. An embarrassment to Georgia Tech laying out there. Get up dude. Hobble off. It's the dignity, don't you know. These Techsters are clueless.

No way CPJ would have wasted a year of eligibility on Synjyn (even IF he was the best option at QB) for a season which included a loss to Kansas along with no shot at the ACCCG.

Screw that.

I don't think TW's arm is any weaker than Godsey's, his delivery is just always late.

I have to disagree regarding our next quarterback. If Synjyn was the best QB we currently have then he would have been playing by now. Maybe he will win the job next spring and fall but that has yet to be determined. I think Tevin was our next best option after Josh or the coaches would have tried Sims or even considered taking the redshirt off of Synjyn. I don't think Coach Johnson is a coach that plays for the future, he plays to win each week.

Wrong, CPJ even said if Josh would have went down earlier in the season then the redshirt would have been taken off Synjyn. And the redshirt wouldn't of been taken off for him to sit there and hold a clipboard, he would have been playing. The coaches gush about him, he's the best option QB on the team.

agree with most of this but it was the lack of special teams and OTHER facets of the game that cost us.

PJ needs to quit worrying just about the Off.

I think that going into spring practice, there will be noone penciled in as the #1 QB. It will be an open competition, and the same goes for the WR position, which was abysmal this season.

I have to disagree regarding our next quarterback. If Synjyn was the best QB we currently have then he would have been playing by now. Maybe he will win the job next spring and fall but that has yet to be determined. I think Tevin was our next best option after Josh or the coaches would have tried Sims or even considered taking the redshirt off of Synjyn. I don't think Coach Johnson is a coach that plays for the future, he plays to win each week.

I believe CPJ said at one of the "football club" or whatever things that Synjyn would have been the guy if Nesbitt had gone down earlier in the season. At the point he went down, it was too late to burn his redshirt. It would have been dumb. I'm not saying that Synjyn is the guy, but like others have said, there was no reason to burn his redshirt even if he was better than Tevin.

Personally, I cannot wait to have a battle for QB with the quality option QBs we are going to have. Remember, as good as Nesbitt was, he was really a true option guy. That being said though, he will go down as one of my favorites for what he has done and the way he played the game.

Synjyn is not as good as Vad Lee. It's not even close.

fact of the matter is you redshirt your QB's of the future.

Even Vince Young, Colt McCoy, and Sam Bradford got a redshirt. Urban needed Tebow more than we NEED Vad Lee in my opinion. The true make or break portion of the offense will be the receivers becoming legitimate catching threats.

fact of the matter is you redshirt your QB's of the future.

Even Vince Young, Colt McCoy, and Sam Bradford got a redshirt. Urban needed Tebow more than we NEED Vad Lee in my opinion. The true make or break portion of the offense will be the receivers becoming legitimate catching threats.

Tebow played some behind Chris Leak his FR year, but he was still 2nd string.

Synjyn is not as good as Vad Lee. It's not even close.

How do you know? How do you know that David Sims is not better than Days? In Fact how do you know that Tevin is not better than the whole lot of em? We've seen Sims very little and Days and Lee not at all.

Looking at Sim's and Day's videos and stats, Days arm doesn't look clearly superior. Sims passed for a lot of yards and TDs.

Days played a lot under center and is very smooth and quick. Sims is as talented a QB runner as we have had at Tech in a long time (since '89/'90). He's much more elusive than Days and a bit faster. They both have good size and power. This is gonna be very interesting to watch.

Perhaps best deal = Lee to RS, Days at QB, and Sims at AB! The Sims I saw this Spring is the type of player we don't get very often at Tech--power, speed, and elusiveness combo.

I think Sims will play somewhere next season. The QB depth chart will likely be some variation of SD and TW with Lee redshirting. I still wouldn't give up on Tevin but he has to come out in the spring with a different attitude and use what he's experienced this year to improve his performance. If he can and beats out the competition, so be it.

It will be fun to follow the competition for QB in the spring. When you are talking about current freshmen, sophomores, and hs recruits, I'm not sure anyone knows who will be the best. Washington has not settled into the job and is looking more like a solid backup for the next two years, though.

I think Sims will play somewhere next season. The QB depth chart will likely be some variation of SD and TW with Lee redshirting. I still wouldn't give up on Tevin but he has to come out in the spring with a different attitude and use what he's experienced this year to improve his performance. If he can and beats out the competition, so be it.

I have nothing against Tevin, and seriously appreciate the young man's contribution this year, being tossed into such a bad situation. Very difficult. However...

He had ALL spring last year with the number 1 offense, and he's had now an additional 2 months practice with the 1st offense, with 4.5 games, to get his groove. Of the 5 games he's played since JN went down, we lost 4 of them (inherited a lead at VPI), and the 5th was too close to a marginal Dook team.

He's shown he can do 85% of what he needs to do pretty well. He just can't make the clutch throw (but he's really getting little help here from our WR's), and he struggles with the pitch under pressure, having made several very bad toss TO's in close games, that effected the outcomes.

As you indicated, he's a very good backup. Not sure he has the tools to be starter material.

Back