If Tevin is the answer

How do you know? How do you know that David Sims is not better than Days? In Fact how do you know that Tevin is not better than the whole lot of em? We've seen Sims very little and Days and Lee not at all.

I have seen Vad play several times this year and the kid is the real deal. I don't care if it was HS or NFL talent he was playing against. He is the one recruit this season who is a game changer. It will not shock me at all if he starts as a true fresh.

It may have been the wrong decision to not pull Days's redshirt, considering how the rest of the season went. I'm sure CPJ didn't think we'd lose as many as we did.

If Days was the best player, I think we would have burned his redshirt. I don't think Days will be a 4 year starter with Vad coming in next year.

I wish we could have seen some meaningful snaps for David Sims at QB. The coaches must have not been comfortable with him at QB. He runs great from what i've seen... Hopefully he can be a gamebreaker at A-Back for us.

If Days was the best player, I think we would have burned his redshirt. I don't think Days will be a 4 year starter with Vad coming in next year.

I wish we could have seen some meaningful snaps for David Sims at QB. The coaches must have not been comfortable with him at QB. He runs great from what i've seen... Hopefully he can be a gamebreaker at A-Back for us.

CPJ may have burned Days' redshirt if we had a more successful year to begin with, but as it stood we weren't playing for that much to begin with. Even if we beat VPI, the ACC championship was still an outside shot at best.

It's also speculative to assume that Lee would definitely be starting over Days at some point. I do think that Lee will probably become the starter in his RS Fr. year unless Days absolutely lights it up, but there's no way at this point to be sure of it.

Sims is going to play next year. There is discussion of moving him to one of the RB spots. That discussion alone tells me what the coaches think of Days. TW is obviously not the clear answer. His record is now 1-4 in 5 games. If TW is still unclear going forward, and Sims is being considered for a position switch, that leaves only Days and Lee, who hasn't even signed an LOI yet, much less taken a snap with even our scout team.

If we open our eyes and ears, we can hear what's up with our QB position. Now, any QB who wants #1 will have to go out this spring and earn it. That includes TW, Days and Sims. Based on what I've seen, my money's on Days.

IIRC, CPJ also said when asked about Sims at other positions he said wtte---he is a QB.

He may or may not end up at QB, but imo he needs to play soon and often. It's a rare player who just stands out as special when you see him practice.

The people touting Lee as a starter next season are completely unrealistic.

Sims is more than likely better than Days. We better not waste him. He needs to touch the ball a good bit in every game next year

Sims is more than likely better than Days. We better not waste him. He needs to touch the ball a good bit in every game next year

So, what is this assertion based on? I assume Washington is better than Sims because Washington played. I also assume Days will be starting next year because CPJ has said Days would have started if Nesbitt went down earlier in the year. What information do you have to contradict how CPJ has acted so far?

Sims might be a better football player, but so far Days appears to be the better QB. I hope Sims finds a place on the field. I love the way he runs.

So, what is this assertion based on? I assume Washington is better than Sims because Washington played. I also assume Days will be starting next year because CPJ has said Days would have started if Nesbitt went down earlier in the year. What information do you have to contradict how CPJ has acted so far?

Sims is better athletically than TW. I base that off of my own two eyes.
TW is obviously the better QB right now, as he played and Sims didn't.
I think Sims could play BB, AB, or even WR....I would love to see him at WR, because of our lack of talent out there relative to AB and BB.
Tevin has the experience edge, but I really believe that they will all start as equals in spring. Out of the three we have now, Tevin is the least athletic option.

Sims is better athletically than TW. I base that off of my own two eyes.
TW is obviously the better QB right now, as he played and Sims didn't.
I think Sims could play BB, AB, or even WR....I would love to see him at WR, because of our lack of talent out there relative to AB and BB.
Tevin has the experience edge, but I really believe that they will all start as equals in spring. Out of the three we have now, Tevin is the least athletic option.

Oh yeah, definitely. We're not very deep at B-back next year with AA and Cox leaving, so he's got a good choice at playing BB.

TW was also definitely very weak athletically, especially his arm. Somebody posted that Godsey also had a weak arm, but Godsey has receivers who could get separation. A weak arm and slow, short receivers is a very bad combination. One of the smoke routes to Melton yesterday was painful to watch. The corner was able to close 10 yards while the ball was in the air.

Oh yeah, definitely. We're not very deep at B-back next year with AA and Cox leaving, so he's got a good choice at playing BB.

TW was also definitely very weak athletically, especially his arm. Somebody posted that Godsey also had a weak arm, but Godsey has receivers who could get separation. A weak arm and slow, short receivers is a very bad combination. One of the smoke routes to Melton yesterday was painful to watch. The corner was able to close 10 yards while the ball was in the air.
A relatively weak arm in college doesn't matter if you put the ball in the right spot, on time.

A relatively weak arm in college doesn't matter if you put the ball in the right spot, on time.

It does limit the type of passes you can attempt though. It will keep you from throwing the 15 yard out, as that is a recipe for a jumped route. It will also hinder deep routes if you have to hang the ball to get it there. It will also hinder throwing into tight spaces. Other then that, it's no problem.

Sims at WR would be interesting. I am all for that as he could probably be better than anything we have now. The dude is a freak athlete. he needs to touch the ball 8-10 times a game minimum next year.

It does limit the type of passes you can attempt though. It will keep you from throwing the 15 yard out, as that is a recipe for a jumped route. It will also hinder deep routes if you have to hang the ball to get it there. It will also hinder throwing into tight spaces. Other then that, it's no problem.
Ben Bennett at Duke has one of the weaker arms I've ever seen in major college football in the 70s and was one of the first guys to throw for over 7000 yards. Of course a stronger arm helps, but accuracy and timing cures a lot more ills than a strong arm.

Ben Bennett at Duke has one of the weaker arms I've ever seen in major college football in the 70s and was one of the first guys to throw for over 7000 yards. Of course a stronger arm helps, but accuracy and timing cures a lot more ills than a strong arm.

Fran Tarkenton had a very marginal arm, yet threw for over 47K yards in the NFL. It can be done, but it limits what passes you can throw. He was known for his dink and dunk style. That's a lot of dinking and dunking. Just shows if you can play to your strength, you can succeed despite your weaknesses.

Back