If TStan can’t recognize this garbage

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Maybe CPJ retired because people were in the stands with signs calling him a clown yet the team was still over 500 and going to bowl games. You can't say a bigger recruiting staff wouldn't have yielded better players. Also a bigger staff budget would have helped hire better defensive coordinators. GT spent next to last in the ACC on football. Yet CPJ still had the 4th best coaching win percentage at GT.
Nobody was doing that.

Ballground Jacket

Varsity Lurker
Nobody was doing that.
I honestly remember at least two guys standing in the south endzone stands with a sign that called him a clown. I am going thru my pictures but I have thousands of pictures to go through. There was a Facebook group dedicated to getting him fired as well that had people in it calling him a clown. It is what it is .

BuzzLaw

StinGTalk destroyer
I honestly remember at least two guys standing in the south endzone stands with a sign that called him a clown. I am going thru my pictures but I have thousands of pictures to go through. There was a Facebook group dedicated to getting him fired as well that had people in it calling him a clown. It is what it is .
I never saw it. I don’t dispute there may have been a person here or there though. But there was never the chorus of boos like Chan got and like GC is gonna get at the first sign of trouble next year.

Ballground Jacket

Varsity Lurker
I never saw it. I don’t dispute there may have been a person here or there though. But there was never the chorus of boos like Chan got and like GC is gonna get at the first sign of trouble next year.
Gailey seems so long ago. I remember the boos but I don't remember how loud they were. I know the boos for Collins this year has been pretty loud even with fewer people at the stadium. I don't want to see the stands next year if the team starts out bad. It has to be a huge pressure on the Qb and other leaders of the team. Tstan needs to do better IMHO to support these young adults.

QuadF

Dodd-Like
Perhaps you are right. I don’t doubt that CPJ assessed the current recruiting situation and college football landscape, and that played a big part in his decision to move on when he did. Maybe he was a curmudgeon just too stubborn to adjust this offensive philosophy (though I recall him experimenting with different looks when Vad Lee was here). I remember reading somewhere that he reached out to the AD for more resources, but perhaps this was just an internet rumor. However had TStan, and especially MBob before him, given him more support, it’s also possible we could have seen more seasons like 2014 and a floor of 7 wins per year.

At any rate, as piss-poor as our current coaching staff has performed, I have a hard time believing that CPJ would have lost more than 5-6 games this year let alone had three consecutive three win seasons. The in-game decisions/adjustments and better defensive communication alone would probably have good for 3-4 more wins this year. But as I said it’s all water under the bridge, and at least we’re playing “big boy” football now, amirite?
Cpj himself talked about pushing the admin to create new majors & minors (he got a sports medicine minor added), constantly asking for more resources (he commented when CGC was hired and got more recruiting resources that the admin appeared to be taking that budget more seriously and that was a fight he had throughout his tenure).

It came up during the radio shows and elsewhere. I don't have the sources handy.